The Secret Crush and Temptation ~ Reserved ~

katalynn

Playing with demons
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Posts
11,825
**Two Weeks earlier**

The holidays were rolling in around the corner and everyone has family to go visit. Everyone except Kasandra Roberts. However, she did have plans to stay in and enjoy a peaceful night with her cat. That is until her boss came up to her, taking her out to lunch as a means of buttering her up. As they walked and talked she started to get the feeling that he is leading towards something.

"So Kassy, I was wondering if you'd be able to work Christmas...."

Before Joel could finish, Kassy groaned and gave him a pouty glare.

"Oh come on seriously? What about Suzan, or Liz?"

Kassy knew what he would say and there it was... He had to point out that she is alone for the holidays. The others, including him, are leaving town for family and it only left her. With a heavy sigh and a pitiful look she finally gave Joel a response.

"Fine, I'll do it.. But you owe me!"

********

*Christmas Eve*

Sitting at the toll booth for the subway, bored out of her skull, Kassy took the tokens to let people through. It was only halfway through the day and the day dragged on agonizingly slow. There is only one perk to this job and that is a particular man that comes by. He comes through during the week at the same time.

Although today she didn't expect to see him and wasn't paying much attention to the time. In fact all she did think about is that she is cold and didn't want to be there alone. Suddenly the last token that slipped under the window came with a voice.. The only kind voice she's heard all day. A males voice at that.

"Merry Christmas."

He said with a smile when she looked up, however she didn't couldn't speak and he went on his way. That of course had her cussing herself out while watching him walk down to wait for the train. Talking to herself on the many things she could have said to him.

While she watched him though, noticing a small group of men hassling the man of her dreams. Kassy started to panic as they pushed him around, grabbing at his things and running off. The last one in the group pushed him once more a little too hard. The Mystery man fell onto the tracks as he fell unconscious.

Kassy ran out of her booth towards the man, yelling at others around for help. When she got to where he fell, she saw that the train is coming rather quickly at him. However, no matter how much she yelled at him, he wouldn't wake up. Without any hesitation she jumped onto the tracks, trying everything to wake him.

Having no other options, she used all the strength she could muster up and rolled them both to the side. Barely in time as the train rushed passed them. When it was clear, she looked over him to make sure he was okay. He opened his eyes very briefly before passing out again.

Kassy stayed with him until the medics arrived, lusting over how handsome he is. Inhaling the scent of his aftershave, just all around crushing over him and all the while never knowing his name. Or anything about him for that matter.

After all the excitement ended, she went back to her empty booth to finish her shift. Unable to stop thinking about him and made a promise to go check on him at the hospital. Needing to make sure he will be alright.
 
Last edited:
Everything happened so fast that it made her head spin. One moment she is standing in the waiting room trying to find out if Peter will be fine. The next second she is suddenly his fiancé!! How did that happen? For now she didn't protest it just because it allowed her to find out more and to go see him.

For that hour it was fairly peaceful and best part is, she got to admire him more closely. Even whispering some of her feelings that she had for him in the process. An officer came into the room and wanted to ask her questions... questions she didn't know... Luckily the family came in just in time to interrupt the process.

While they argued after finding out that she is his fiancé, Kasandra made the tiniest attempt to inch her way out of the room. Then very suddenly it got quiet and all eyes were one while she grabbed for her coat and purse.

"He was pushed off the platform... I jumped on the tracks.."

Kasandra said quietly while Ox looked at her confused:

"You jumped onto the tracks?"

Kassy didn't know how to respond to all this while the doctor and the intern kept trying to say "Family only". Clearly wanting to get Kassy out of the room. Then Ox finally yelled out to both the Doctor and the intern

"She is Family!! She is his fiancé!"

After that, Kassy fell into a daze as the family seemed to accept her with open arms. All of them were praising and happy to see that Peter actually found someone good for once. Their hugs were so tight and comforting that Kassy didn't have the heart to say anything right then.

Kassy managed to slip away long enough to ask the nurse why she would say that. The nurse quickly told her that she is just trying to help and that she heard Kassy whispering. In which case Kassy scolded the nurse in frustration, though instantly felt bad and apologized.

"What am I going to do? They all believe that I am his fiancé!! I have to tell them.."

She turned around quickly without looking where she was going and bumped into Saul. Panic filled Kassy wondering how long he had been standing there listening to her talking to the nurse.
 
Kassy sighed in relief, thankful that Saul didn't seem to hear much of what she said. However, that relief slightly faded after hearing what he had to say. The touch to her cheek was nothing but kindness, yet his eyes told her that he didn't quite trust her either. Not that she could blame him. Right now she didn't trust herself either. She's never lied in her life... At least nothing to this extent. Small white lies maybe, but nothing compared to this!!

She stood there for a moment while watching Saul and the nurse walk off. Right now would be the perfect moment to run away from all this. Just disappear and no one would miss her... How can they miss her if they don't know her right? Though she thought of Elsie and the way the mother hugged her in Peters room. Another sigh escaped as she went to the restroom first to take a breather, then reluctantly went to the waiting room.

After all, Kassy did want to make sure that Peter will be fine and wanted to know what is wrong considering he hasn't woken up yet. They were all staring at her when she came in to sit down a few seats away from them. Elsie had the biggest grin and her eyes were lit up with excitement while staring at Kassy. The mother gave an approving, warm smile as did Mary.

For the longest time there was this awkward silence that drove Kassy insane. All the while regretting the idea of not leaving when she could. Out of no where Elsie piped up all excited and never stopped staring at Kassy. So much so that Kassy wondered if the women ever blinked!

"Tell how you and Peter met? I bet it is a wonderful story!"

This caught Kassy off guard big time and she stuttered for a second, trying to come up with an answer. Right when she was about to give some kind of... vague.. answer. One them groaned and complained, Kassy thinking it was Midge and smirked to herself as another argument broke out.
 
Their little arguments seem to make Kassy smile and this one in particular brought out the burning flush of embarrassment. Biting her lip as they all talked about how her and Peter met. Then it got silent again and she felt all those eyes staring at her once more.

"Well.. Uh... We saw each other and um.... he smiled and..."

She glanced around at all their waiting smiles while Elsie nodded, wanting her to continue. However, there wasn't much to tell really and Kassy bit her lip, trying to come up with something.

"And.. and I knew my life would never be the same."

That seemed to satisfy them for now and they all got to talking about this Ashley girl again. Kassy didn't know who she is since she's never seen Peter with another woman before.


******


Sometime later, Kassy had to reluctantly go home, not wanting to after the Christmas tree accident and getting yelled at by her landlord. Luckily she made it on good terms with him and he loved the gift. It was the son that Kassy didn't want to deal with. He is always trying to get her in his bed, always saying that he will be the perfect husband for her.

As she went up the stairs to her apartment, she passed Jr and barely heard him say "Tomorrow". Stopping for a moment turning to look down at Jr

"What?"

He held up two tickets in front of her.

"I got tickets to the ice escapades.. I know a guy. You, me, at 8'o'clock.."

Kassy didn't say much and proceeded to keep walking up the stairs exhausted. However, she couldn't sleep and kept tossing and turning until she eventually got out of bed and once more was out the door.

The hospital was silent in the dead of night, no sign of Peter's family around either which was good. Slowly she walked into Peter's room, glancing around to make sure no one was there listening to her.

"Hi.. Umm.. I bet you're wondering why I'm here so late.."

Kassy smiled while walking to Peter's side, moving some hair from his face and tracing over his fingers.

"Well, I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Kasandra Lynn Roberts. And.. Well.. Um.. You should know that your family thinks we are engaged."

For a second she thought about sitting down next to him, although she didn't plan on staying for very long either. This time she wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings as all the focus went to Peter. Taking a deep breathe and blushing as she couldn't stop admiring him. Even in the hospital he still looked very handsome.

"I've never been engaged before, this is all very sudden for me.. Wha-What I really came here for is.. to uh.. Tell you that I didn't mean for this to happen. I-I don't know what to do. If you were awake, none of this would have happened."

Realizing what she just said, quickly shaking her head and putting a hand up to her mouth with wide eyes.

"Not that I'm blaming you! I'm sorry... It's just that I've always imagined things differently. Nothing to extreme, just the normal things. House, family.. you know, little things."

Kassy sighed and a little irritated with herself by allowing things to get this far. This is certainly not how she wanted to have her first impression with the man of her dreams. After all this, there is no way he'll ever look at her again.

"Not that... You know.. I-I am complaining or anything. I have... I have a cat, live in an apartment. Um Oh and sole possession over the remote, very important."

She pulled the blanket up over her his chest thinking that maybe he was cold. Without having much else to say, she asked him if he believed in love at first sight. Then smirked thinking that he's too sensible for that. There were more questions after that though, leading into how lonely her life really is at times.

As she kept talking, finding some comfort in being able to just talk, Kassy didn't mean to fall asleep there holding Peter's hand. But she woke up to the sounds of his family coming in. In a panic to get to work, she stood up while they were talking and tried to excuse herself.

Quickly saying Bye to Peter, only to run into his family. They asked a few questions and when she found a break, she tried to slip past them.

"It was great seeing you guys again. I really do need to go now though, I'm running late."
 
The day ended up being a busier day than she had expected after getting ready for work, that she didn't have time to look in the box. On her way to work she went to her boss to let him know how things have turned on her. Which confused the old man to no end as he sighed and looked at her.

“What's the big deal?”

Kassy groaned while rolling her eyes at Jerry with some irritation that he isn't getting it.

“The big deal is they think I'm their future daughter in law. Grandmother has heart conditions, if I tell them the truth she'll have a heart attack and die! It will forever be on my head.”

Shaking her head in disbelief that he could be so calm about all this. Meanwhile she is freaking out over this huge mess she's in. Then Jerry started talking again with a little smirk when she goes to a wall and hides her face.

“Look Kassy, The guy's unconscious, it's not like he's your boyfriend. When Peter comes out of the coma, the family will be so happy and relieved they won't care if you lied. They'll probably thank you for it.”

Kassy looks at him and sighed knowing that he is right. “What if he doesn't come out of this coma?”

Jerry just shrugged and took a sip of his drink. “Then who's to know?”


***

After a long day at work, Kassy decided to go their dinner party with much hesitation. When the cab pulled up and dropped her off, she instantly turned away from the house. More than anything she wanted to call the cab back before anyone caught her. That failed when she heard a voice come up from behind her.

“Oh hi Saul.”

He smiled and asked her to come sit with him for a bit while offering a cigar. Kassy just smiled and declined the cigar. Though she did sit with him on the steps as they talked small talk at first.

Then he became a little more serious and talked about how he is Peter's God-father. Saying that Ox made it possible despite the religious barrier. Kassy listened intently, feeling even more worse about this lie she's in. Soon he was asking about her family and why she isn't with them.

“Oh, um.. My mother passed when I was very young and my father passed a couple of years ago.”

Saul frowned and sympathized with her loss as she started to continue. Explaining how they moved here for research on her fathers illness. They joked a little about their pasts and what his wife had to go through as well. Suddenly he got all serious again and her heart raced after seeing that “I know something” look in his eyes.

“Look, Kassy, They took me into their family and I would never let anyone hurt them.”

Kassy nodded and whispered “Me either.” Which Saul nodded and seemed to believe her. Though before she could say anything more, the door opens with Midge peeking out. Suddenly all the excitement starts over again as her and Saul go inside. Although he warns Kassy about the eggnog before closing the door.
 
Kassy didn't say too much as the night went on. It was just nice being with a family who obviously loved each other. She watched, listened and learned as they told their stories, showing her pictures of Peter when he was a kid. For the first time in a very... VERY long time, she felt at home and after a while forgot that she honestly didn't belong there. Yet, they made her feel as though she belonged. As if she is actually a part of the family and it really was nice to see everyone happy. All the stress of Peter being in a coma vanished for those few short hours and nothing but warmth filled that void.

They didn't really allow her to go home considering how late it became and she has learned that there is no arguing with them. They all seem to win every single time.. Otherwise she wouldn't be here right now! The couch it is and surprisingly it was pretty comfortable. Though sometime in the early morning she heard voices and felt a set of eyes staring at her. A small amount of panic set in, however she didn't move and only pretended to keep sleeping.

Eventually she did go back to sleep and the sun peeked in through the windows to wake her up. Through sleepy eyes she glanced at her watch and reality smacked her in the face. Quickly she got up and started to collect her things, getting her shoes on and racing to make sure to not leave anything behind. Very quietly she looked around to see if anyone was awake, so far she didn't see anyone as she crept around the corner towards the door.

“Hey there...”

A deep male voice spoke up from behind her and she spun around to see a different face.

“Umm Hi.. I.. I'm Kassy..”
 
She was very thankful when that cab pulled up, giving her a good reason to leave the awkward question. Although her on the way home she kept thinking of the way Jack was looking at her. It was almost as if he was trying to find a flaw in why she is there. One other lucky thing happened and that is a call from her boss saying she didn't have to come in today. Which made her morning much less in a rush and perhaps a bit of alone time to get her thoughts straighten out.

She was able to miss Jr because of how early it is and managed to get to her apartment without any unwanted attention. After taking a shower and changing into something more comfortable, she grabbed the box of Peter's things and set it on the bed.

“Okay, let's see what we got here....

She picked out his wallet first and smiled at a picture he had of himself while also noticing a bunch of credit cards. Looking at a few other items and setting them off to the side also finding a can that fell out of a paper bag. Glancing down at the can and read what it was..... Cat food?

“OH NO!!”

Kassy wasted no time at all in getting ready to leave checking his wallet again for the address. She had no problems getting into the building and slipped passed the door man while he was busy with someone else. Once inside Peter's apartment, Kassy glanced around seeing all the basic furniture... Rich future... However it wasn't too overly in your face either. It was rather tasteful and she admired that about him.

“Here Kitty.... Rich Kitty...”

She started to look around while heading towards the kitchen tapping the can.

“I'm sorry Kitty... come out please... Kitty... here Kitty...”

When she pushed open another door looking for the cat, she was met with a loud thump and a males voice! Very quickly she opened the door more to see Jack there and she froze for a second when he said something about getting face planted with the door.

“Oh I'm so sorry! Here let me get some ice for you.”

She raced to the fridge pulling out some ice and wrapping it in a towel. Jack asked why she was there and she pointed to the cat food explaining she's here to feed the cat. Right when he said that Peter didn't have a cat, a big fluffy tan cat came waltzing into the room meowing. Kassy instantly picked it up and read the tag on the collar.

“There you are …. Fluffy.... I brought you some food... Fluffy..”

Setting the cat down on the counter and gave it the canned food while looking to Jack's reaction with an almost “Ha told you so” expression.
 
Kassy followed him into the hidden room and suddenly her heart quite literally stopped beating! These are things that you only read about, perhaps only see in those sex shops. However, to learn that her secret … fiance.. is into that sort of thing. The first thought is the most obvious.. Run and hide never show her face to these people again!


This isn't at all what she signed up for... Or unwillingly signed up for. Looking at Peter everyday on that train, how he gives up his seat for others. The sweet kindness in his heart that she sees in those blue eyes of his.... No, this is'nt the Peter she sees every day at work!!

“Ummm... Well... None of them are mine...”

She spoke while very slowly walking into the room where the collars were. Hidden behind the sheer panic that is flooding her, was also a hint of curiosity. The collars were beautiful and there were a couple that did seem to call out to her.

“He said that I deserve a very special and unique... co-collar..... That he wishes to surprise me with it . Most likely for our wedding night... knowing him anyway.”

Shrugging it off while pretending all this is very natural to her. Though she stayed cleared of a few things that were extremely intimidating to her. Not allowing herself to be caught off guard in a room like this. Clearly afraid of him trapping her in here and perhaps leaving her cuffed to something while he left. Jack didn't appear to be the type to do that, however, that look in his eyes said a whole lot more than she cared to admit.

“I should go. I have a few errands I still need to go take care of... Why are you here anyway? You know that Peter is in the hospital, there's no need for you to be here when he isn't.”

Slowly and carefully she stepped back out of the room and waited for Jack. All the while trying to very quickly think of a way out of this situation. More determined than she was in the beginning. If she did end up marrying this guy... What will he do to her?!? Kassy wasn't about to take that risk or find out.
 
He made it increasingly difficult for any chance of escape and she gave him a dirty glare when he handed the phone to her. With a heavy she talked to other person despite being shocked that they would be calling her here. Though as she hung up and heard Jack saying he will go with her, all she could do is roll her eyes trying to think of other ways to escape.

In the parking garage she had no idea what Peter's car looked like, she's never seen it since he always takes the train. Trying to convince him into taking his truck, naturally having him say it's better to take Peter's car. Biting her lip, she clicked on the keyring alarm and thankfully a car close by bleeped with the flashing lights. Kassy let out a breath she didn't know she held while walking towards the car with Jack right on her heels the whole way yapping away.

Luckily on the way to the clinic she managed to skirt by his interrogation of questions, although she was very vague with her answers. So vague that he kept trying to dive deeper with more questions. Whether or not he believed her answers were a different story and she didn't care. He kept interrogating her as if she's some kind of criminal. Or in this, perhaps a slave that got caught stealing? Either way, he wouldn't shut up and it drove her crazy.

At the clinic she hoped for an escape, sadly they went in together, had blood drawn together. Though while they were drawing his blood she was resting for the briefest of moments to drink down the juice. Rushing to get out of the little room, however, just like a sticky peice of gum you can't get rid of, Jack followed right on her heels out of the hospital. Though he did faint for a short period of time, he caught up to her in the hospital going to Peters room where the family is.


The rest of the family listened on the questions Jack was asking, then started to ask him what this is all about. Jack asked Kassy a couple more questions, which she skirted over again until Ox had enough and asked again what was going on. Jack pointed to Kassy and said “Ask her boyfriend...” that of course got Midge upset and he quickly corrected himself.

“Not that boyfriend... Junior Fosco”

He looked right at Kassy when saying the name and she couldn't stop the smirk at the crazy idea. Repeating his name to make sure she heard it correctly.


“He said you were.... intimate...”

Right after she defended herself against being Juniors girlfriend, Elsie started fussing a little at all the excitement which made everyone pause.

“If she wanted to prove it... She will prove it..”

After Elsie said that though, Kassy went white with dread trying to quickly think of something... anything personal that they wouldn't know. Then she quickly thought of that story about that accident and reluctantly spoke up while all eyes were on her.

“Peter..... Has... one testacle...”

Of course noone believed her and she had to vaguely repeat the story that his friend told her about the other day.
 
Kassy and Joe broke out into a little arguement of “Did not” and “Did too” going back and forth until a knock on the door interrupted them. She asked who it was and Saul's voice answered back, with even more frustration Kassy shoved Joe into the closet. He resisted naturally thinking that she's two timing him and wanted to kick the other mans ass for moving in on his Kass. Though she pushed him into the closet and told him to be quiet while he held up a pair of her panties with a grin “Nice panties”.

She gave him a dirty look while grabbing the panties from him and closing the door in his face. With a heavy sigh she went to get the front door to see Saul standing there. Without thinking about it she flashed him the panties while greeting him. He smirked and looked at what was in her hand while stepping in through the door.

“I like boxer shorts, but uh I'll try these.” Laughing as she flushed a bit while putting the underwear in her coat pocket. He asked if she had company, admitting to hearing voices though she said it was just the neighbors tv. They both walked into the living room and she offered him something to drink but he declined saying he isn't going to be here for very long. He wasted no time in telling her his reason for being here and quickly became serious.

“Kassy there is something you should know.”

She instantly thought something was wrong and she looked up at him shocked asking “what?” while sitting down. He proceeded to talk before she could say anything more.

“The night you went to visit Peter I was outside the door. I know the truth.”

It was as if a ton of bricks crushed her right then and there, unsure of how to get back out of this one. He had her cornered and there is no doubt that his word would be believed over hers. Realizing there is no way out of it now she looked up at him with sad eyes trying to find the right words.

“Sorry.... Saul... You know you don't have to worry because I'm gong to tell them everything.”

He instantly interrupted her by telling her "Don't!" in a very clear demanding tone which confused her.
 
Seconds after watching Saul leave, she heard a loud thump in her closet and quickly went to see if Joe is okay. The scene she saw wasn't quite what she expected, his shoe was off and he had one of her heels in his hand. Looking down at him confused and shocked, unsure of how to really respond.

"You are trying on my shoes?"

Joe instantly said "No" and then started to come up with some crazy story that he fell and the shoe slipped on. Trying to come up with anything to make it not look like what it is, though while he was explaining himself, there was another knock at the door.

"Who is it?"

Kassy was agitated at this point when she heard the voice of Jack on the other side. Meanwhile Joe came out of the closet and was preparing to leave. Kassy sighed and very frustrated on what to do in that moment.

"Doesn't anyone use a phone anymore?"

Joe shrugged and claimed that he is still uses the phone, which Kassy just glared at him and spoke while pushing Joe back into the closet.

"I'm not talking about 900 numbers."

Joe yelled out "WHO TOLD?" right when she was closing the door the in his face. Then quickly went to the answer the door as to not make Jack wait longer than he had to. One the way to the door she took a deep breath and tried to relax a bit and opened the door.

"Hi... So more questions?"

He just stood there smiling for a moment before saying anything.

"No, I have an engagement present for you".

That made Kassy hush up for a second with some embarrassment as she told him that he shouldn't have. Only to have him say that he didn't, was from the parents and that it is furniture. Then he asked if he should bring it up, which had Kassy pause long enough for him to ask about Saul leaving here. Luckily Joe sounded like he fell again and made another loud thump in the room.

"What was that?"

Jack asked while glancing at Kassy curiously while she looked back over her shoulder wondering what to say.

"The cat."

Clearly a lie with her wide eyed expression as she tried to avoid answering anymore details and went back on topic of his present.

"I-I think you should ummm bring it to... uhh... to... Bring it to Peters apartment."

He looked at her like he's judging her, seeing right through her lies or perhaps waiting for her to slip up. He mentioned that she didn't know what it is, but she just shrugged it off like it was nothing, smiling and pretending everything is okay.

"Well, you know.. anything would look better in his apartment."

Joe sounded like he is struggling in her closet, making all kinds of noise again. Though before Jack could ask another question about the noise, she quickly piped in.

"You know what, I'll come with you."

Grabbing her keys and purse real quick and left Joe in her apartment while heading out with Jack.
 
For a good long moment she stared at the bed while sitting in the rocking chair. Anyone can see what that bed is made for, one didn't have to be kinky to realize it. Some small... rather tiny... curiosity wanted to lay in it and get a closer look of it. However, it did frighten her, almost as much as seeing that room in Peter's apartment.

“You should go into business for yourself.”

She said while standing up and stepping closer to the bed, running her fingers over the frame as he began to answer her. Though before he fully finished, she remembered that his father wanted to keep the family business. Which did complicate things in his life and she understood that completely.

Sooner or later he will need to talk to his father though and that isn't her place to tell him that. Instead she walked away from the bed and squeezing past him.

“Well, I guess we should get this couch inside.”

Kassy smiled and jumped down out of the truck to help him with the couch. For her the moment was perfect as the doorman was distracted by other people. She quickly rushed passed him while Jack locked the truck up. Barely seeing Jack at the door being stopped by the doorman as she pushed the couch towards the elevators.
 
While he was the washroom, Kassy cleaned up the glass and did try to clean up some of the stain before putting the couch in place. Looking around to make sure nothing was out of place, fed the cat and realized that he hadn't come out of the restroom yet. For a moment she considered knocking on the door to see if he okay, then decided against it. If he wasn't okay, she was certain that she would know it by now with how quiet it is in this place. If he fell, or called out help, she would hear it all.

Eventually she found herself staring at the hidden room and getting another eye full of all the items in the room. It still frightened her to be in this room, wondering what kind of person would own such a room. It also brought out a sense of curiosity as well and she kept looking back at the door expecting Jack to pop in. He never came during the amount of time it took her to do a little exploring. During the exploration, she cautiously put her wrist into a cuff, having the key in hand at the time.

Having her wrist cuffed gave off the strangest sensation and glanced back to the door, making sure she's still alone. Fearing the time is running out by now, she proceeded to unlock the cuff, only to drop the key as it fell from the cuff. Quickly she took off a shoe and started to reach for the key, realizing it was just barely out of her reach. Right on time, Jack came waltzing with that sexy grin and when he picked up the key, she panicked as he pocketed it.

“Give back the key!! ... I-I ... I got bored waiting for you.. What took you so long anyway?”

Her reactions gave a clear indication that she's never been bound before as she tried to get away from the cross. Her arm stretching out to it's limit as she tried to escape the situation. Then she made a weak attempt to hide behind the cross, which again did her no good having one hand cuffed. Though it did allow her to hide the embarrassment rising in her cheeks, burying her face into her arm.

“It isn't important as to what I was doing.. Just uncuff me and we can get out of here.. Please”
 
She had no idea what he was talking about. Safe word? What does that even mean? Safe word for what? Why does she need safe words? So many questions running through a panicked mind as she glanced around the room again. Too many things in here that can hurt her, in her eyes, none of those items looked forgiving either. She didn't know Jack, didn't know what he is capable of doing to her.

When she easily cuffed her other wrist, the panic really kicked in and she pulled at both cuffs. He wanted to hear a word, yet she didn't have the slightest clue of what that word could be. For herself it could be any word and he wouldn't know any better. As for Peter's word.... That's like trying to code out a password. There are a million words that Peter could use. Anywhere from his childhood, to anything work related.

There was no sweet talking her way out of this one. He has been on her tail since the moment he met her. She didn't know Peter well enough to even guess on a word, let alone guess correctly. With a defeated sigh and with the fear, she stopped struggling so much to finally answer him.

"What do you want from me Jack? To tell you that you are right? That I am fraud? That I am only after his money? Well you are wrong if that is what you assume..."

Shaking her head and closing her eyes to avoid his accusing glare, he had her cornered now. A corner of which she placed herself in.

"Look.... You are right about one thing.... I don't belong here... This room here is terrifying me... But if I tell you the truth, it will hurt everyone. I am not after his money, I don't care about that... And I don't wish hurt your family either... I have been trying to just vanish... Yet your family keeps pulling me back... They like me and I like them.. But it isn't for reasons you think.."
 
She wanted to relax and even tried to, though the items that surrounded her kept taunting her. If she didn't know any better, she could swear that some of them were laughing at her. The idea of going to police after this did cross her thoughts, in the end, it would do her no good at all. She would have to explain too much to them, the biggest one is why she is in this apartment. Although, she could pass it off as house sitting.... It didn't matter, that idea was a bad one no matter what she told herself. Also, she didn't want to get Jack in trouble.

"... I don't care if he is loaded or not... I-I.. I just..."

Glancing up at the key in her hand, realizing that it did her no good and it was pointless to keep trying to use it. Turning to watch Jack again, noticing that he is actually being reasonable about this. In truth he isn't really threatening her with the items in here. Recalling his tone when he said she's beautiful caught her attention the most. No one has ever said that to her, not even Joe Jr.

"I am just tired of being alone... Your family took me in and... and.. I didn't want ... still don't.. want to let go of that... But when Peter wakes up..."

She paused for a few moments, trying to keep the tears at bay, yet felt them escaping all the same. With her hands bound, she didn't have a way to hide those tears or to wipe them away. Eventually she knew the only way out of this is to give it all up. Looking down at her shoe on the floor, doing what she could to avoid his stare, she told him everything.
 
She didn't intend on telling her entire life's story, yet once she got started, there was no stopping as it all just came pouring out. Even things she's never told anyone else before came out, all those pent up emotions about her father broke her further down. Crying like she did is something she only does behind closed doors, never has she allowed someone to see her tears. To make it worse, she wasn't able to hide or run away this time and she wanted to more than anything. Being so open and vulnerable made her cry harder, making seem as though being bound and trapped is the worse item in this room.

More than a few times she expected him to break out laughing. Luckily he never did laugh once, not even a smirk, and a few of those moments, made it worse by not knowing what he is thinking. Afterwards, she really didn't want to be touched, just wanted to curl up in a dark room for awhile. Flinching slightly when he started to wipe her face, refusing to look up at his request. Then the kiss happened all too quickly, she couldn't pull away from it even if she wanted to.

Never in all her life has she ever felt a connection from a single kiss and she could taste fresh tears because of it. Although she kept telling herself it's just because he's taking advantage of the moment, using the vulnerability. On the other hand, she felt that he meant it and every second was sincere, there is no denying that he felt a connection too.

She could barely nod and whisper a 'yes' to his question, feeling how sore she is from crying so hard in this position. The more she started to calm down, her body acted as though he had been doing an actual scene. Her wrists were throbbing and fingers tingling, the rest of her started shivering, though it was mostly due with how emotional she had gotten.

"Unless you do this with all the girls you meet.... W-What happens now?.... That... kiss... and us... "

Giving him a weak smile while he undid the cuffs to release her. Lowering her arms were painful which caused her to whimper a little, for a moment her shaky legs didn't want to move. Though she didn't complain about any of it, instead she smirked when thinking of Peter. The whole time she held onto Jack for support until she regained her footing.

"I doubt my fiance will be too happy to hear about what happened here..."
 
This entire situation was too much for her to handle and now Peter is awake... Sure, it is what she wanted, more than anything. However, it was the worse time for it to happen and Jack is actually willing to help her get through this. Somehow she saw him in a different way now, almost seeing herself with him instead of Peter. Shaking that thought away, Jack didn't really want to be with her, he just saw a chance to get her to prove that he is right. Still, she wasn't ready to go see Peter yet and almost protested until Peter's phone rang out.

Kassy stared at the phone as if it was some kind of demon getting ready to attack them. More so when a female voice came from the other end of that phone, leaving a message.

"Hi Peter?..Is... is this machine working? Look, I'm back in Chicago and I'm kind of shocked you haven't called me back. I would really like to hear from you and umm ... I would like to see my cat.. Call me."

The message ended with a beep and her eyes grew wide while looking at Jack, wondering who that person is. Then again, the shock of it ended quickly realizing it isn't any of her business, she is just some person in Peter's life. A life that had no place for Kassy.

She started to panic all over again as they walked out of the apartment and when they got to the truck, Kassy just stood there. Her feet wanting to go in another direction, the brain putting in all kinds of scenarios, none of which she liked.

"Maybe I should just go home.. I'm not ready for this Jack. Saul said he'd take care of it too and hasn't done anything yet.. I feel so trapped right now. Peter is awake Jack... He will tell everyone that he doesn't know me..."
 
She really didn't want to go to the hospital to face everyone right now. It's already been an extremely emotional night and all that crying drained the hell out of her. The only thing on her mind right now is going home to cuddle with her cat. Obviously that wasn't in the cards as Jack mentioned that she is expected to show up. And she did hear how excited everyone was over the phone when they called. With a defeated sigh she started to walk with him after realizing the truck is trapped for the night.

"My dad? Well... He was awesome... He passed away."

He naturally apologized for it, though she just smiled and told him that it wasn't his fault. Again, she had enough of talking about herself, but after everything else tonight, she couldn't find the nerve to put the subject on him. Instead, she passively thought about her father some more and continued on with the story, knowing that he will just want to know more.

"He passed last year and I don't even remember my mom."

When she paused for a moment to see his reaction, he asked about her dad again... something she expected with how the conversation is going.

"He was like me, dark hair.. flat chest.."

It took a second but then they both started laughing and he asked more detailed about what she remembered most about him. Laughing a little more before actually answering him again.

"Okay... umm well... He liked maps. We would hear about a place on the tv and he would pull out the atlas to find where it was at. He would route out this little way to get there."

When she paused again smiling to herself at the memory of her father looking at the maps. Then Jack broke her little day dream by asking.

"If there was one place in the world, where would..."

Kassy answered before he could finish the question with her eyes lit up and a bit smile on her face.

"Florence.."

They spoke a little bit on that and she confessed that she's never been there but then stopped for a moment, reaching into her coat.

"But I do have my passport.. You know, in case I need to make a quick get away."

She teased while pulling it out and handing it to him with a shy smile as he took it from her to look in it. Only to pull it away when he made a snarky comment about her picture and glared at him. He just grinned and made another comment about having no stamps in it. She frowned while putting the passport back into her coat.

"Yea.. well.. I haven't gone anywhere yet."

She smiled and blushed while looking down at the ground while they started walking again.

"You know... in a small way.. You remind me of my dad a little bit.."
 
Last edited:
The cab drive gave her time to think about the situation she was in and often times stole glances towards Jack. That one kiss earlier is still fresh in her mind and when thinking about it, her lips tingled in response. The more time she spent with him, the more she wanted to kiss him again, to see if that kiss was real or just him taking advantage of her. It certainly felt real enough at the time, yet he hasn't made a move since then to indicate he had any feelings towards her. Neither of them had brought it up since to ask where it leads them.... Which, led her to believe that he simply took advantage of having her trapped like that.

Upon seeing all the furniture in the firehouse, Kassy decided to stay put this time and not touch anything. Refusing to get caught 'trying' something out again and to make it worse, she's still processing how being bound made her feel. She feared Jack and what he would do to her rather fear the idea of being bound, for some strange reason, being bound wasn't the issue. Still, she refused to get close to anything and far too exhausted to go through it again.

There were a million questions running wild that she wanted to ask him about all this. However, it wasn't at the top of her list of things to worry about. Peter is awake and he will not know who she is..... Peter is awake.... His family will be crushed.... That chick on the phone is probably that Ashley chick everyone spoke of.... Just too much stress to worry about right now that asking about this part of his life seemed so distant.

Though she couldn't stop staring at the crosses and rubbed her sore wrists when recalling what happened in Peter's place. That naturally made her think of the kiss all over again... A kiss that didn't seem to want to vanish from memory. It had been one of the best kisses in her life and it came from being trapped to one those things. Again, she practically had to slap herself and was convinced that he didn't mean it, he saw a moment and like all men, couldn't resist.

Seeing and hearing him come back down stairs broke her from the little day dream she fell into and blushed deeply.

"You took long enough, thought you got lost up there."

She teased while turning towards the door, clearly wanting to leave and get this visit with Peter over with.

"Are you sure I can't go home? I'm not sure how much more I can handle tonight... Especially after ripping your cheap pants apart."

Granted she asked in a fake pouty way, the look in her eyes said volumes about how frightened she really is. After that little break down she had earlier, it became nearly impossible to hide from him now and that little girl he found earlier wasn't ready for this visit. However, she did try to put on a fake smile and pretended like she was joking.
 
The seconds that went by were agonizing for Kassy and casually kept looking at the EXIT sign while Peter woke up. And here she thought being trapped on that cross earlier was bad, it did nothing in comparison of how trapped she felt in this very second. Somehow through it all, she thought Jack would save her and yet, he didn't and remained quiet as the scene unfolded. Again, Kassy was on her own as Peter confirmed that he didn't know her.

Sheer panic rushed in as the family fell silent for a second and looked over to see Kassy. Luckily none of them noticed that she is holding Jacks hand, the second all attention went to her, she had to let him go. Like before, things happened more quickly than she can handle, the rumor catching on that Peter had amnesia filled the air. The Dr had no other explanation and went along with it as well, yet the only thing Peter couldn't remember is her.

Her eyes widen in shock when Ox apologized to her and so close, oh so close did she almost crack to spill the beans. It is clear that no one else is going to help her out and she glanced at everyone, looking up to Jack as if pleading with him to say something.

"I-I... umm.. It's okay really... No need to apologize. He's been through a lot, things are confusing to him right now."

Instantly she regretted saying that, however, it wasn't a complete lie... She just ... kind of rolled over the actual truth about her.. Soon the family went back to the dr to ask more questions, then got interrupted by the nurse saying that Peter is awake again. Saul had disappeared when the rest of them went back to Peters room.

This time she tried to make her escape, only to have Ox put an arm around her shoulders, reassuring her that everything will be fine. Kassy did what she could to hide in a corner while the rest of them were surrounding Peter's bed. The attention is still on her though, with all of them trying to convince Peter that he did in fact know her. That attention made it impossible for her sneak away, between the others, getting any kind of word in is impossible when they were fussing over something.

"You remember her don't you?"

Ox asked, then told Peter to look closely. That caused Peter to stare at her for a while before looking back to Ox and saying.

"She looks a little familiar.... Why?"

That in turn brought the smiles on with Ox saying "I think it's coming back.." Peter was confused when hearing that and started asking more questions about Kassy.
 
Kassy wanted to curl up and die as everyone in the room expected something from her... That something most likely being answers that she didn't dare give. Having Jack near is really the only thing that kept her sane enough to not run out of the hospital. Even then, it was still difficult considering he remained just as silent as ever. Just when she was about to find some excuse to leave, Jack finally piped in with the idea of going home.

She didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that they were caught hugging, it was something she needed right then. Anything else from that moment on went into a numb void that she couldn't escape from. On the way home she wanted to ask Jack about what happened back there... Hell, she wanted to take both him and Saul and cuss them both out. They were both suppose to be helping her and yet neither of them were being very trust worthy.

During that ride home she had a mixture of emotions running wild.. Anger that she is lying to a perfectly good family.. Frustration towards Saul and Jack.. Thankful that Peter is awake and despite the obvious, seems to be doing quite well, looking as handsome as ever. Then when she thought of how happy everyone else appeared to be... She pretty much understood why Saul and Jack didn't say anything.

Kassy did smile when he tried to explain himself, not really surprised anymore by having him walk her to the door. Sometimes he reminded her of a lost puppy, keeps coming to the door that feeds him... only right now, she felt like the lost puppy more than he did. His comment about the ice made her smirk a little and seeing that look in his eyes. He was trying so hard to make her feel better about what happened today that she didn't want him leaving with the idea that she's upset.

That's when the kiss happened, it was the only thing she could think to do in that moment. His kiss back at Peter's place has been on her thoughts all day and she needed to know if it was real or not. Wondering if he only kissed her to take advantage of her vulnerable state or if there was more to it. Kassy had to kiss him just as hard as he did her, trying to recreate that moment.

There was no recreating that moment though, this one ended up being stronger and now that she isn't a sobbing mess... This kiss made her want him... No, not want... need... she needed him. His return kiss and embrace told her that he needed her just as much.

"Do... Would you like to come in for a while? I really don't wish to be alone right now..."

She gave a soft smirk as that single word 'alone' had so many meanings to her that it was difficult to pin point the true meaning. Truth of the matter is, she really didn't want to be alone with her thoughts, knowing that at some point she'll just end up at the hospital again.

"We can drown these problems into a bottle of wine... it's cheap wine.. but it isn't horrible stuff."
 
Back
Top