The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, It was in the high 30's this morning so I stayed in bed a little longer. Snuggled in between two warm bodies is a great reason not to get out of bed.

But... and there is always a butt or two, someone has to start the coffee and turn up the heat. That would be me this morning.

By the way, a thanks to HP for his comment on my new story. It is still holding at 1 vote for 14 views and the score is back up. We'll see what 9AM brings. That's troll time on my stories normally. That and 3PM in the afternoon.

In any case, the store had several pumpkin pies left over so that's what we are serving for breakfast. ;)

Pies yes.
For Breakfast ?
[how very strange :)]
A short trip to the local
Aero museum was not that rewarding, unfortunately.
The chance to take a picture of a bomb without hoards of people getting in the way was marred by my not having set the camera right.
You'd think I've learned by now. . . .

Coffee please

Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast

It's perfect with coffee, milk, or beer.

Oh, and beer is not just for breakfast anymore, no matter what you hear.

We'll take home the leftovers. No room internally yet to break our fast with any. What leftovers? Oh, the elk, venison, and goose. Some were in the form of big, bright meatballs; others weren't. Of course splendid trimmings, and pecan pie, and big, bright drinks of which I was allowed only the slightest sips, FTW.

We yet survived till the next day (now) and face the 3-4 hour drive home past frenzied Black Friday mobs. I've set the GPS to avoid shopping plazas. Hope that works.

Okay everyone, back to your [expletive deleted] coffee. [/me whines]

Afternoon all,

It has been a lazy say for the most part. Got some editing done and a little rewrite on one section of a short story. A nice turkey sandwich with a small side of dressing was great for lunch.

Tonight there will be a small pot of Irish Stew.

Afternoon all,

It has been a lazy say for the most part. Got some editing done and a little rewrite on one section of a short story. A nice turkey sandwich with a small side of dressing was great for lunch.

Tonight there will be a small pot of Irish Stew.

More tinkering.
And trying to re-discover my jokes file (that's not easy !)

It's at this point ~~I find a desperate need for a coffee.

One fresh pot of coffee coming up.

HP, a lot of my folders are jokes so it could be very confusing here also. ;)

The stew is ready but the housemate and houseguest are out doing their Christmas shopping. They left shortly after lunch but wouldn't say where they were going. I'm sure they were headed for one of the Malls in North Houston. Those two loose with credit cards should help the economy greatly. :D

We finally had a couple hard frosts, so I did some cleanup in the garden. I'll dig up the dahlias over the weekend and put them away for winter.

I've been editing and making final touches on my last-minute holiday contest story. It isn't a grand tale of love and mystery, but maybe someone will think it's hot.

Time for a beer.

My first reaction when there's two families for dinner is 'call for pizza.'

Rarely my wife disagrees.

That would be precisely what I did. Picked it up on the way home from work, along with soda, brownies and eggs for the morning. There was plain cheese, pepperoni, mushroom or olive. Salad was waiting at home, along with wine. Plenty of wine. :D

That would be precisely what I did. Picked it up on the way home from work, along with soda, brownies and eggs for the morning. There was plain cheese, pepperoni, mushroom or olive. Salad was waiting at home, along with wine. Plenty of wine. :D

Ah; a most important element. Sadly I have to be Very Careful about it (according to my Consultant medic, it is a "contributory factor" and I have no desire to spend more time in the radio-therapy suite).

But breakfast was scrambled eggs on toast. And it went down as treat.
Any more coffee ?

Ah; a most important element. Sadly I have to be Very Careful about it (according to my Consultant medic, it is a "contributory factor" and I have no desire to spend more time in the radio-therapy suite).

But breakfast was scrambled eggs on toast. And it went down as treat.
Any more coffee ?
Afraid I drank the last of it, making more. :kiss:

Morning all,

I slept in this morning. That is until I heard whispering and got attacked under the covers. I was wide-eyed shortly and then someone sat on my face to blindfold me. What happened next shouldn't happen to anyone but me. :) Or is that, it should be the way everyone gets woke up on a Saturday morning. :devil:

The coffee is made and HP, scrambled eggs sound great. I think there is a slice of ham thawed out that will go great with them. Ya know, cranberry sauce make a good jelly on toast.

Morning all,

I slept in this morning. That is until I heard whispering and got attacked under the covers. I was wide-eyed shortly and then someone sat on my face to blindfold me. What happened next shouldn't happen to anyone but me. :) Or is that, it should be the way everyone gets woke up on a Saturday morning. :devil:

The coffee is made and HP, scrambled eggs sound great. I think there is a slice of ham thawed out that will go great with them. Ya know, cranberry sauce make a good jelly on toast.

Morning Tex. I'm going to eat again in Spring. Right now I feel like one of those force fed geese. I swear, 2 days and 5 lbs! I'm going for a long run as soon as I can move.

Morning Tex. I'm going to eat again in Spring. Right now I feel like one of those force fed geese. I swear, 2 days and 5 lbs! I'm going for a long run as soon as I can move.

With age you learn moderation. In somethings anyway. ;)

My running days are long over. A fast waddle is my gait of choice these days.

The eggs were great. The housemate and Houseguest had never had eggs with lemon pepper.

That last piece of pumpkin pie wouldn't quit calling my name, so i ate it. :eek:

Fresh coffee for the midnight crew.

For supper we finished off most of the T-day leftovers, all the elk, venison, and goose. Urp. All washed down with V8, the vegetable course of the feast.

Tomorrow's promised breakfast includes avocado omelet and pumpkin pie. But no coffee for me, not till the cardiologist says so, and she's on vacation. :devil:

Upcoming schedule:

* These weekend days: rest.
* Monday: Run to town for critical supplies, like whipped cream for all the pie. And finally get around to restringing the mandola.
* Tuesday: There's fresh bear poop under the fig tree so I'll pour laundry bleach into the can when I haul trash to the road for pickup.
* Wednesday: Drive to Sacramento for more shopping and my next laser eyeball surgery. Try to avoid high-speed police chases.
* Thursday and onward: Suffer. No wine. No coffee. Suffer more.

I bought a fresh set of earplugs to block horrible XMas 'music' spewing from many shops. I prefer to hit a few jazz chords and sing my own holiday song: It's XMas Eve, Let's Fuck Like Gerbils Tonight.

For the more flamboyant of you guys, there's (to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland) that old classic, Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear. Make that accordion wail, Gretchen!

I'll murder for coffee soon.

For supper we finished off most of the T-day leftovers, all the elk, venison, and goose. Urp. All washed down with V8, the vegetable course of the feast.

Tomorrow's promised breakfast includes avocado omelet and pumpkin pie. But no coffee for me, not till the cardiologist says so, and she's on vacation. :devil:

Upcoming schedule:

* These weekend days: rest.
* Monday: Run to town for critical supplies, like whipped cream for all the pie. And finally get around to restringing the mandola.
* Tuesday: There's fresh bear poop under the fig tree so I'll pour laundry bleach into the can when I haul trash to the road for pickup.
* Wednesday: Drive to Sacramento for more shopping and my next laser eyeball surgery. Try to avoid high-speed police chases.
* Thursday and onward: Suffer. No wine. No coffee. Suffer more.

I bought a fresh set of earplugs to block horrible XMas 'music' spewing from many shops. I prefer to hit a few jazz chords and sing my own holiday song: It's XMas Eve, Let's Fuck Like Gerbils Tonight.

For the more flamboyant of you guys, there's (to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland) that old classic, Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear. Make that accordion wail, Gretchen!

I'll murder for coffee soon.

Good Luck with that eye-watering stuff.
I prefer your song to that smaltzy Holiday rubbish.

I was up early. Took my meds. Made the coffee. Got lured back to bed.

Does the first cup of coffee after noon have the same affect as the first one in the morning? :D Not that it really matters. I wouldn't miss the fun and games for anything.

Lunch, lunch, lunch, is next on the agenda. Cereal under a blanket tent. That could be fun.

Any opinions out there on Fuller's London Pride Ale? I bought a four-pack yesterday but won't break into it until Tuesday.

Good luck with the eyeball surgery!

I have done all the work for the day already, except folding laundry. Dinner is even in the crock pot. Rest of the day is about rest, coffee, reading, writing, wine. Munchkin in the tub now.

Trying to put a positive spin on a couple rough days and find the right light to look at things in. It'll all come out in the wash and things will be renewed.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks.:rose::kiss::heart:

Very distinctive complex flavour. No head. Drink coolish but not cold. Suggest no more than two bottles a session per person. If you like it, graduate to Fullers ESB - but be careful.:)

Any opinions out there on Fuller's London Pride Ale? I bought a four-pack yesterday but won't break into it until Tuesday.

Very distinctive complex flavour. No head. Drink coolish but not cold. Suggest no more than two bottles a session per person. If you like it, graduate to Fullers ESB - but be careful.:)

Broadly speaking, I concur.
Don't pour it too fast
:)

There was a time [within living memory] when about the only 'London' beer was Watneys (unless you really knew where to look)
See here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLhfbBt1Lc.
I the opinion of my mates & I, the best that could be said of it was "It does not travel very well".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back