Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-20-2017, 06:56 PM   #1
KRD19254
Virgin

Question How long: submit-to-post/reject ???

How long is the average time to get a story either rejected or posted?

I suspect a lot depends on who you are; Virgin or Seasoned. I'm a first time virgin writer.

I did break up the story into many parts to see if it would speed up the process - so far notta nuttin in +2wks with 3/8 parts submitted.

Do I have to submit all 8 parts before being considered (no one told me, IF)? (I'm still editing since I cannot get help here).

Old 11-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #2
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Are you still editing the submitted story? Every time you change it, it goes back in line...

If not, more than 2 weeks is way too long. Try to send a personal message to Laurel

And no, you don't have to send in a complete story, although I guess the separate chapters should make sense

Last edited by RubenR : 11-20-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
KRD19254
Virgin

No, once posted I leave it alone. I expected it to go back to the bottom of the stack each time it gets saved. Hence I've left it alone.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #4
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRD19254 View Post
No, once posted I leave it alone. I expected it to go back to the bottom of the stack each time it gets saved. Hence I've left it alone.

Thanks
We've had at least one case recently where the author thought they submitted stories, but they didn't. The stories stayed as Drafts because they didn't press the right button to complete the submission.

If your stories aren't in Drafts, then try PMing Laurel. Things do fall through the cracks now and then.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 11-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
KRD19254
Virgin

all are in DRAFTS, from day one.....TNX

Old 11-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
UnderMyKilt
Literotica Guru

My latest took three days from submission to publishing. With all the posts about lengthy waits in the "Pending" cue, it surprised the crap out of me.

My true stories.

What can I say? After all these years, and a diverse variety of sexual experiences, kinks, and fetishes, I'm still trying to figure out this "nature vs nurture" thing.

In any event, I yam what I yam and dat's all what I yam .

Old 11-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
KRD19254
Virgin

My first ever rewrite was 'submitted" and went into L pending "drafts" :
part 1/8 on 11/11
part 2/8 on 11/12
past 3/8 on 11/13
No reject or post to date.
I will post here the date of when I get L feedback.

I'm reluctant to post any more as I do not know if my story will be rejected outright. I can tell you that I've been reading many NEW stories in LW and if I get dinged for spelling or grammar L better start re-looking at many of the new posts. I may be a Virgin newbie creative writer but I've been writing +30yrs as a Sr Engineer. Grammar is grammar and tenses are tenses and first person is not third person.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Good luck.
LW isn't the easiest category (understatement!) of Literotica. Grammar and spelling would be the least of my worries when I would submit for LW, but you can be sure your story will be read.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
RejectReality
Literotica Guru

Quote:
all are in DRAFTS, from day one.....TNX

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, on the works tab of your control panel, you should see this at the top.

If there is a number next to "pending" it means the stories have been submitted.

If the number is instead next to "drafts" it means the stories have not been submitted, and will never be posted. You need to open the drafts, preview them, and then at the end of the preview, click the submit button.

Alt for Darkniciad ^--Website

Quite Neighborly

09/14/17
Overdue

09/28/17
Hot Shorts

11/22/17
Holly Jolley Christmas

12/05/17
Unleashed

01/17/18

Last edited by RejectReality : 11-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:17 PM   #10
KRD19254
Virgin

My header bar under WORKS - states "3 Drafts" "0 Pending"
I see no way to change anything or push to Pending.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #11
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Quote:
My header bar under WORKS - states "3 Drafts" "0 Pending"
I see no way to change anything or push to Pending.
Did you fill in all options, selected that you agree with the Submission Agreement, and then clicked on "Preview Story"?

Then you get to see the whole story, you can scroll to the end, and select "Submit for Publication"

Old 11-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #12
RejectReality
Literotica Guru

Click on where it says "Drafts" with the number next to it. That takes you to the drafts tab.

Once there, click on the link for the story.

Once the story information comes up, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the "Preview Story" button.

Scroll down to the bottom of the preview. ( It's a good idea to actually read your story one last time, because the difference in font and screen position from what you're used to when writing can actually cause errors to jump out at you. You can then fix them before submitting.)

At the bottom of the preview, click the "Submit for Publication" button.

If you did find any mistakes, Click the "Make Changes" button instead, go fix the mistakes, preview again, and then hit Submit.

Quite Neighborly

09/14/17
Overdue

09/28/17
Hot Shorts

11/22/17
Holly Jolley Christmas

12/05/17
Unleashed

01/17/18

Old 11-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #13
KRD19254
Virgin

Y'all are right it was not submitted. What a convoluted UN-intuitive process. So now my very first are all in PENDING.

Thanks all.... Lets see if I make the grade or not.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Y'all are right it was not submitted. What a convoluted UN-intuitive process. So now my very first are all in PENDING.

It isn't easy if you are new to Literotica.

But now you know how - best of luck with your stories.

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

“The inimitable stories of Tong-King never have any real ending, and this one, being in his most elevated style, has even less end than most of them. But the whole narrative is permeated with the odour of joss-sticks and honourable high-mindedness, and the two characters are both of noble birth.”
― Ernest Bramah, Wallet of Kai Lung

Old 11-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #15
RejectReality
Literotica Guru

Don't feel too bad. Drafts are a brand new thing to Literotica. I had to figure it out myself the first time I submitted something with the new control panel, and I've been here for bloody ever. LOL

If you think the submission process is convoluted, try editing something already posted!

( That's supposed to be changing to a far easier push-button operation during the site update rollout, though. If you do ever need help with that, just drop a note. I have a copy-paste file with the process ready to roll every time I see it. )

Quote:

Quite Neighborly

09/14/17
Overdue

09/28/17
Hot Shorts

11/22/17
Holly Jolley Christmas

12/05/17
Unleashed

01/17/18

Old 11-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #16
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejectReality View Post
Don't feel too bad. Drafts are a brand new thing to Literotica. I had to figure it out myself the first time I submitted something with the new control panel, and I've been here for bloody ever. LOL

If you think the submission process is convoluted, try editing something already posted!

( That's supposed to be changing to a far easier push-button operation during the site update rollout, though. If you do ever need help with that, just drop a note. I have a copy-paste file with the process ready to roll every time I see it. )
That's why I still use the old control panel and will as long as it is available. The new one is a pain if you have hundreds of stories posted on Lit.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

“The inimitable stories of Tong-King never have any real ending, and this one, being in his most elevated style, has even less end than most of them. But the whole narrative is permeated with the odour of joss-sticks and honourable high-mindedness, and the two characters are both of noble birth.”

Old 11-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #17
RejectReality
Literotica Guru

Ogg, I'd strongly suggest getting into the new panel. It has so many ease of navigation features built in, with more to come.

Once I got accustomed to it, I haven't gone back to the old panel since, despite still having direct links to it in my bookmarks.

Quite Neighborly

09/14/17
Overdue

09/28/17
Hot Shorts

11/22/17
Holly Jolley Christmas

12/05/17
Unleashed

01/17/18

Old 11-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #18
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejectReality View Post
Ogg, I'd strongly suggest getting into the new panel. It has so many ease of navigation features built in, with more to come.

Once I got accustomed to it, I haven't gone back to the old panel since, despite still having direct links to it in my bookmarks.
I have tried. What deters me is the inability to scroll down all my submissions AND the lack of contrast for viewing.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 11-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #19
KRD19254
Virgin

Actually, beyond what your stating for Authors....

I have a few peeves with how RESTRICTING L treats its readers;

Allow readers to find stories within a Genera to be sorted by meta-words, topic, or subject words, i.e. Military, Veteran, Sailor, Vietnam, etc.

I also want the option to sort a selected Author's "Stories" by DATE with the most current on the TOP of the list and meta-words tags.

Otherwise WHY does L want meta-tags on a story?

Old 11-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Actually, beyond what your stating for Authors....

I have a few peeves with how RESTRICTING L treats its readers;

Allow readers to find stories within a Genera to be sorted by meta-words, topic, or subject words, i.e. Military, Veteran, Sailor, Vietnam, etc.

I also want the option to sort a selected Author's "Stories" by DATE with the most current on the TOP of the list and meta-words tags.

Otherwise WHY does L want meta-tags on a story?
This might help:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=457930

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66: