Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #26
EstebanMamono
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
They all sound weird because they are one size fits all. Laurel started this site because she liked to read erotica, not because she wanted to correct peoples writing.

I'd offer to help but I'm afraid my Texan dialect would scar you for life.
It's ok, also, I was introduced to a now gone facebook friend who liked monstergirls, who was TEXAN too.

Strange state eh

:EDIT:

Holy...Grammarly is so good...

Last edited by EstebanMamono : 11-19-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
UnderMyKilt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
And No! It is unlikely to be a personal vendetta. It is more likely to be issues about punctuation and whether or not you followed the Chicago Manual...
If they use a bot to check spelling, this may be an issue for me. I have a story in the pipeline right now in which I use healthy amount of slang and colloquialisms in quoted conversation. A real, live, reviewer would recognize that the "misspelled words" are conveying a manner of speech whereas a bot, or automated spell checker, might not.

It doesn't follow the Chicago Manual because most people don't follow the Chicago Manual in their every day speech. If I have an issue in getting approval, how do I get around it?

My true stories.

What can I say? After all these years, and a diverse variety of sexual experiences, kinks, and fetishes, I'm still trying to figure out this "nature vs nurture" thing.

In any event, I yam what I yam and dat's all what I yam .

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #28
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyKilt View Post
If they use a bot to check spelling, this may be an issue for me. I have a story in the pipeline right now in which I use healthy amount of slang and colloquialisms in quoted conversation. A real, live, reviewer would recognize that the "misspelled words" are conveying a manner of speech whereas a bot, or automated spell checker, might not.

It doesn't follow the Chicago Manual because most people don't follow the Chicago Manual in their every day speech. If I have an issue in getting approval, how do I get around it?
When you submit the story put a message in the Notes box explaining that you have used slang.

My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #29
LiamHDunn
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
Agreed. It's impossible for any writer to confirm their own work as "perfectly done".
Agreed!
I'm working in Holiday Story,doesn't days plotting and identifying the beats.

My Beta Reader caught that I basically glossed over the key elements to the plot!
I knew it, but I never told the reader!

Have I mentioned how much I appreciate her?
Then I should!

Dear X, you rock!

My Stories:
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 1
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 2

Please have a look give them the score you think they merit.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #30
HeavenLeighA
Virgin

I am absolutely awful with commas! I want to put them everywhere.

You get a comma, and you get a comma, and you get a comma!

Grammarly, even the free version, changes your writing for good!

Take a peek at my SRP Profile

Unapologetic.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #31
UnderMyKilt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
When you submit the story put a message in the Notes box explaining that you have used slang.
Thanks. I guess it wasn't as much of an issue as I thought. The story was approved in three days.

My true stories.

What can I say? After all these years, and a diverse variety of sexual experiences, kinks, and fetishes, I'm still trying to figure out this "nature vs nurture" thing.

In any event, I yam what I yam and dat's all what I yam .

Old 11-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #32
RejectReality
Literotica Guru

Quoted conversation shouldn't be a problem so long as you have the punctuation correct.

Everything I post has slang, incomplete sentences, dangling participles, etc. in dialogue, and it goes through just fine. I've even posted some extreme ones using dialect where every third word or so had letters dropped and replaced with an apostrophe or was a completely non-standard word like "If'n".

Your narrative should be clean, but Laurel understands that people don't follow the CMS when they're casually speaking. There's even wiggle room in narrative if it's first person. I think Laurel's default when she sees a word she thinks could be slang but she's not sure is to give the benefit of the doubt.

Grammar rejections are going to come from punctuation of dialogue, ( apparently a pet peeve of hers, considering how many rejections arise from it ) too many homonyms, typos, or outright atrocious spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyKilt View Post

Alt for Darkniciad ^--Website

Quite Neighborly

09/14/17
Overdue

09/28/17
Hot Shorts

11/22/17
Holly Jolley Christmas

12/05/17
Unleashed

01/17/18