Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-19-2017, 01:31 AM   #1
Reader24601
Virgin

Whatever happened to Kenna Colrite?

I've been a reader on this site for a couple of years now and this is the first time I'm posting in the forums. The reason being that one of my favorite authors here on literotica has apparently gone missing. Like the entire profile is gone. Any idea what might have happened?

Old 11-19-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
Reader24601
Virgin

What happened to Kenna Colrite?

My favorite literotica author seems to be missing. Like the entirety of her page is gone. I distinctly remember reading her Halloween contest entry so this just deems really...unusual. Any news?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
ChocolateStrawberries
Virgin

Any idea how long she's been gone for? I only noticed yesterday, looked on the forums and saw nothing about it. I even Googled her username and it said "This member does not exists" on her account page.

I hope she's alright, if anything's happened. Her stories were definitely some of the best that I've read on this site.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
Bert Notorius
Literotica Guru

there's something
to be said
for the permanence
of a non-digital book.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Wats_butthole
Loves Spam

When are you going to bring ann back?

Old 11-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
ChocolateStrawberries
Virgin

After a tad more digging, I found that her story "Trifecta" was up on Inkitt and has also been taken down, though I don't know if this coincides with the removal of her account and stories here.

This is quite strange, though. Judging by her notes before her stories she was planning on writing more, so it seems weird she'd just up and leave...

Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
cleaver
Literotica Koro

Location: qax̂um tanangis by summer --- castaway cay by winter --- points between, between
is this ms colrite's online pr firm?

smoke
sizzle
spark
ignition
fire
wildfire...

thomas kinkade

Old 11-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #8
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

Maybe she's decided to publish.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #9
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader24601 View Post
I've been a reader on this site for a couple of years now and this is the first time I'm posting in the forums. The reason being that one of my favorite authors here on literotica has apparently gone missing. Like the entire profile is gone. Any idea what might have happened?
Some of the usual reasons why authors do that sort of thing:

- author decides to sell their work, and doesn't want free copies around to compete with it
- author gets religion/stalker/job at conservative workplace/etc. and decides to erase their smutty history
- author gets fed up with other people pirating stories and takes them down
- author was pirating somebody else's stories, and they got reported and taken down
- author has some disagreement with site management and decides to take their bat and ball and go home

Old 11-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #10
redzinger
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
is this ms colrite's online pr firm?

smoke
sizzle
spark
ignition
fire
wildfire...

thomas kinkade
The same thing did occur to me. Mind, she apparently wrote lesbian and I don't hang around there.

Hands up if you've heard of this author before?

I like rugby, and rugby men. Can you tell? My submissions.

My Scarlet Series novels on Amazon
FREE Scarlet Series prologue (no cliffhangers), Playing Up - on Smashwords or Playing Up - on Amazon

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons / Website/blog: www.torialyons.co.uk

Last edited by redzinger : 11-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinger View Post
The same thing did occur to me. Mind, she apparently wrote lesbian and I don't hang around there.

Hands up if you've heard of this author before?
I've not heard of her. Promotion doesn't seem like much of a motivation for the thread since her material has been taken down.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Old 11-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
redzinger
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
I've not heard of her. Promotion doesn't seem like much of a motivation for the thread since her material has been taken down.

I like rugby, and rugby men. Can you tell? My submissions.

My Scarlet Series novels on Amazon
FREE Scarlet Series prologue (no cliffhangers), Playing Up - on Smashwords or Playing Up - on Amazon

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons / Website/blog: www.torialyons.co.uk

Old 11-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #13
Areala-chan
Really Really Experienced

She left Lit earlier this month. An update to her profile said her stories would be gone inside of a week or two, along with her account if she could get Laurel to delete it. She gave no specific reason that she was leaving, just that she was heading off, and giving the heads-up to her followers.

It's a pity she left...she was a damn good storyteller, but I wish her the best of success wherever she's gone off to (hopefully for publication).

Crash Into Me - Two sisters find love in the aftermath of tragedy. 8 LIT pages, heavy on the romance and build-up.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
ChocolateStrawberries
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areala-chan View Post
She left Lit earlier this month. An update to her profile said her stories would be gone inside of a week or two, along with her account if she could get Laurel to delete it. She gave no specific reason that she was leaving, just that she was heading off, and giving the heads-up to her followers.

It's a pity she left...she was a damn good storyteller, but I wish her the best of success wherever she's gone off to (hopefully for publication).
Ah, ok. Thanks, guess I should pay attention to people's profiles more often.

I'll have to try and keep an eye out for if she publishes anything. (though that might not be possible, Kenna Colrite could well have been a pseudonym)

Old 11-22-2017, 05:28 AM   #15
Reader24601
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areala-chan View Post

My friend, you just broke my heart. So she just left. I hope she continues to make stories. Even if its no longer for us. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:30 AM   #16
Reader24601
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Notorius View Post
there's something
to be said
for the permanence
of a non-digital book.
This seems very zen.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #17
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader24601 View Post
My friend, you just broke my heart. So she just left. I hope she continues to make stories. Even if its no longer for us. Thanks for the heads up.
Another reason to download and save any stories you really really like because you just never know.....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #18
forange
Virgin

Does anyone have a saved pdf of her most recent Halloween story or know how I could read it?

Old 12-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #19
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by forange View Post
Does anyone have a saved pdf of her most recent Halloween story or know how I could read it?
This comes up from time to time - the desire of a reader to read something from an author who no longer wants to be read.

Taking an entire story file down is a deliberate action by an author. Clearly, they do not want their content to be made available on Lit, for whatever reason (private, commercial, who knows?).

Shouldn't that desire be respected? It's a tricky moral dilemma - but it is the internet, and the author did publish, so I'm not sure there's an absolute black and white answer.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #20
EquinoxRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
This comes up from time to time - the desire of a reader to read something from an author who no longer wants to be read.

Taking an entire story file down is a deliberate action by an author. Clearly, they do not want their content to be made available on Lit, for whatever reason (private, commercial, who knows?).

Shouldn't that desire be respected? It's a tricky moral dilemma - but it is the internet, and the author did publish, so I'm not sure there's an absolute black and white answer.
Also, if someone does link to Wayback (or similar) the Mod to this board will remove the info.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #21
forange
Virgin

I feel like once itís out there online in the open you do lose some control of other people having copies of it. I tried the way back machine and it didnít seem to work. Alas, I liked her stories a lot.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #22
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by forange View Post
I feel like once itís out there online in the open you do lose some control of other people having copies of it. I tried the way back machine and it didnít seem to work. Alas, I liked her stories a lot.
But if it obviously was pulled back, and you had respect for her, you'd honor what she was trying to do, right?

Old 12-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
EquinoxRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
But if it obviously was pulled back, and you had respect for her, you'd honor what she was trying to do, right?
I think this, right here, is why it's a "soft rule" of Lit to respect the author's wishes. (Originally, I thought this was in Looking For instead of Author's Hangout and that's why I mentioned the mod would remove violations of the soft rule. I've seen it done.)

Old 12-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #24
forange
Virgin

I mean, I guess she did give some notice about it which would have given people time to save copies of the stories. I just didnít see it in time. I donít check individual authorís profile pages that frequently. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just kind of wanted to read the story. I donít really post on the forums, so I didnít pick up on the distinction of the boards. I just found this when trying to search out why the stories werenít there.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #25
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

I don't think you're understanding this. If she withdrew the story she probably doesn't want you or anyone else to have a copy. Again, I don't think you are processing this.