How to ... write a PM to a woman

I've had that happen a few times when guys read a post of mine that didn't specifically mention I was male and fired off an excited note, apparently without paying much attention to my profile (because, seriously, dozens of people have read the ads linked in my profile and had no trouble determining my gender).

That's why the first word in my bio is now "Male".

Btw, I don't mind if guys message me to comment on a thread or whatever, but mistaking me for a woman is a bit much.

If it's any consolation, it's probably not anything to do with you specifically - many of those are just firing off PMs to anyone whose online, breathing and might be female. I don't think they stop to check profiles first.

If it's any consolation, it's probably not anything to do with you specifically - many of those are just firing off PMs to anyone whose online, breathing and might be female. I don't think they stop to check profiles first.

Actually, adding that one word to my bio seems to have pretty much eliminated the issue. And I never got many messages like that in the first place - not sure what accounts for the flood of guys reported by lickitandstickit.

You are correct, of course: Some people don't take the time to check profiles. And there is significant overlap between the members of that group and the ranks of those complaining bitterly that their PMs are continually ignored or rebuffed.

Actually, adding that one word to my bio seems to have pretty much eliminated the issue. And I never got many messages like that in the first place - not sure what accounts for the flood of guys reported by lickitandstickit.

You are correct, of course: Some people don't take the time to check profiles. And there is significant overlap between the members of that group and the ranks of those complaining bitterly that their PMs are continually ignored or rebuffed.

lickitandstickit - I think that's the answer to your question right there.

The 'I'm continually ignored - they're all bitches' complaint is a constant puzzle to me. If women are continually ignoring your PMs, maybe it's worth considering that it's something you're doing, rather than assuming that everyone with a uterus is an evil witch.

Here’s another how-NOT-To. Got this in a PM yesterday. I blanked out the guy’s name because I am that nice. But...seriously? Eye roll.

“Let's see whatcha got. ******* on yahoo i.m. Or try me here, but it's not instant.”

Here’s another how-NOT-To. Got this in a PM yesterday. I blanked out the guy’s name because I am that nice. But...seriously? Eye roll.

“Let's see whatcha got. ******* on yahoo i.m. Or try me here, but it's not instant.”

Cant believe that didnt get you all hot and bothered. Must be a real ice queen ..;)

This needs to go into the asshat PMs thread!

I don't understand.

You go down town, you have a laugh.

I was screwed last night for example.

I honestly don't understand what the horror is.

Everybody around you wants sex. It's human nature.

I've never understood what the big problem was.

I don't understand.

You go down town, you have a laugh.

I was screwed last night for example.

I honestly don't understand what the horror is.

Everybody around you wants sex. It's human nature.

I've never understood what the big problem was.

Is there some point being made in this post?

I have been meandering through this thread and enjoying the advice and humor!
Thanks!

Over the years my interests flow between the bulletin board and the erotic chat rooms. Success in both arenas, but very different styles. Bulletin board is more friendly and more of a sustained relationship. Chat room is generally more transient and amenable to quick hits, although I have some nice friends from the chat rooms.

Back