Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
SEVERUSMAX
Benevolent Master

Waiting more than a week for approval.

I haven't had a story pending nearly this long in the past, and it's not as if there is much to be shocking or controversial about it from what I could tell. Anyone else have this experience lately?

In memory of Gabrielle...you've touched all of us, though we never got the chance to know you.

"I have sworn on the altar of Almighty God eternal hostility toward all forms of tyranny over the minds of men." - Thomas Jefferson

Irony that Trump expels Dreamers, but they love America far more than he ever could. #DreamersMoreAmericanThanTraitorTrump

“Love was never meant to be so cruel. It’s not about forsaking others. It’s about embracing each other. Whoever wanted to make people choose between lovers was a sadist." Aphrodite in "Aphrodite's Kiss"

I reject your morality and substitute my own.

#I'llGoWithYou #NeverTrump

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=339478

Old 11-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Yes. I had been contemplating sending a PM to Laurel because the story was taking much longer than usual to appear. The pending (on the old interface) turned from blue to grey a couple of hours ago so it's on its way.

My last submission date has changed to tomorrow's date.

Nude Day 2018 Story:

https://www.literotica.com/s/naked-corpse

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
KindofHere
Literotica Guru

Last edited by KindofHere : 01-24-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
My last story to go up took 10 days. I took it down on the 7th day and put it up again, sent a few emails.

And my current pending story says it will be new 11/06/17 and that's been on the shelf until day 10 as well. Sent a couple emails as well, but was given no response.

In the past my emails were answered, so maybe I'm just getting annoying now.

I'm a 10 day man, which means I won't be making the Christmas Contest deadline.

I guess 10 days is better than never. I guess.
Pm Laurel

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 11-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

My latest one, posting this week, took three days.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
Voboy
Really Really Experienced

Three and a half, which is longer than they’ve been taking me lately. In fairness, much of my recent output has been for contests, which are faster.

My record is seven days.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voboy View Post
Three and a half, which is longer than they’ve been taking me lately. In fairness, much of my recent output has been for contests, which are faster.

My record is seven days.
Puts on ancient Og mode...

Seven days was fast when I first starting posting stories on Literotica.

Nude Day 2018 Story:

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
KindofHere
Literotica Guru

Last edited by KindofHere : 01-24-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #9
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Teacher's Pet.
(spitting wine on the keyboard) Who? The site troll?

My last stories were parts of a chapter story. The first took five days. The second took two days. I submitted the second the day before the first one was published, so the result was that the two stories went up on consecutive days.

Laurel's been doing this for a long time and it's sometimes interesting to watch details about how the site operates. It's not machine-like. It's reasonable, if you've been waiting for awhile, to remind Laurel that your story is in the queue.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Old 11-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #10
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Teacher's Pet.
You either haven't been here for longer than a week or aren't too bright--or both. Laurel stopped giving me Green Es and called me a troll at least three years ago. I would think that anyone who read the forum regularly would have picked up on that.

LATER: I checked. It's been six years. 11 Green Es from Laurel until July 2011 when I pointed to a list of stuff that needed cleaned up on the existing Web site (rather than giving attention to fancy bells and whistles updates--which still aren't fully delivered--and leaving the Web site full of broken stuff, much of which the forum users had to give guidance on). Her answer was to say that everything functions just hunky-dory on the Web site and that I was a troll. That ended the nice run of editor pick Green Es on my stories--like maybe that was the point that I stopped writing editor pick stories--that there's some connection between writing and storytelling talent and Laurel's concept of a troll.

Last edited by sr71plt : 11-06-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #11
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
You either haven't been here for longer than a week or aren't too bright--or both. Laurel stopped giving me Green Es and called me a troll at least three years ago. I would think that anyone who read the forum regularly would have picked up on that.
I might think it was a sarcasm on KindofHere's part.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Old 11-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #12
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

One never knows without an emoji to guide one.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:19 AM   #13
KindofHere
Literotica Guru

Last edited by KindofHere : 01-23-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #14
SEVERUSMAX
Benevolent Master

I suppose that I'm just not used to it taking that damned long, and this has been a grueling week in RL. It's just very frustrating on top of having stories rejected for rather dubious or shady reasons, such as because they are too political (at least two stories so far rejected because of politics). It's been a weird, wild ride between that and some of the idiot trolls that some have my stories have attracted of late.

In memory of Gabrielle...you've touched all of us, though we never got the chance to know you.

"I have sworn on the altar of Almighty God eternal hostility toward all forms of tyranny over the minds of men." - Thomas Jefferson

Irony that Trump expels Dreamers, but they love America far more than he ever could. #DreamersMoreAmericanThanTraitorTrump

“Love was never meant to be so cruel. It’s not about forsaking others. It’s about embracing each other. Whoever wanted to make people choose between lovers was a sadist." Aphrodite in "Aphrodite's Kiss"

I reject your morality and substitute my own.

#I'llGoWithYou #NeverTrump

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=339478

Old 11-06-2017, 01:11 AM   #15
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

When it's been five days, which it has been a few times, I send a PM to Laurel asking if the submission had fallen in the cracks. She doesn't always answer, but it's always been posted the next day.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:58 AM   #16
oggbashan
Ancient writer

My one is now posted. I expect it to have a very limited audience.

https://www.literotica.com/s/bridal-protector

I wasn't sure whether to put it in fetish or transsexual/crossdressers. I chose the second.

Nude Day 2018 Story:

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66: