Story is here
The story behind the story
This story fell in place really fast. I had the thought “What if a brother and sister were to have sex and immediately regretted it?” That got the story rolling. I picked Houston as the Astros are having a great season after years and years of mediocrity. 56 seasons and have been to the World Series once, an 0-4 sweep. I was trying to come up with reasons why Nora broke up with her former boyfriend, decided that it was on different spending priorities (fights about money are always about different spending priorities) and had the idea that her ex-boyfriend had been upset with how much Nora spent on lingerie. That took me to Nora being a lover of lingerie. Long ago, I read a thread in Literotica’s Authors’ Hangout and some woman had posted that lingerie was all about making her feel good, not her man. I gave Nora that attitude.
I spent a lot of time watching porn videos with lingerie and checking out lingerie websites. The sacrifices I make for my readers. Before I started writing the story, I had stumbled upon The Saturdays’ Just Can’t Get Enough
which is a very catchy song and has lots and lots of lingerie. All the lingerie was based on items on I saw on lingerie websites except for the corset, which I made up. All of the corsets I saw are about the same length and I had to have some reason why Nora initially rejected wearing one but wound up doing so.
Nora’s dress on their big night was inspired by this video
. I was disappointed by the video as she’s wearing this sexy dress with stockings, there’s a scene change and she’s in just lingerie sucking some guy’s dick. I wanted to see a slow reveal with lots of kisses. So the scene in Greg’s bedroom was inspired by what I wish had been in that video.
Originally, I had Greg and Nora feel awkward around each other just because they had sex once. The initial description of ‘The Night’ was “After I pumped my third load into her, we cuddle up and went to sleep.” When it came time to write them discussing ‘The Night’, I decided to make it as I wrote it - that the first time being a disaster worked much better.
The title was originally going to be “We’re Definitely Not Going To…” with the quotation marks. It’s how the story starts and ends. But it’s not very descriptive. “My Lingerie-Loving Sister Moves In” is more descriptive and I thought it would get more clicks.
I had six beta-readers this time. Based on their feedback, I made a lot of changes but none of them were very big.
What happens next?
Short-term, things continue as they are.
What do I particularly like about this story?
* Lingerie! It was a lot of fun doing research on the different pieces of lingerie that Nora wore
* It’s a different structure in that they have sex, it fucks them up for years and then they struggle to overcome that awkwardness and eventually fall in love
* It was nice to come up with a story idea for some older characters
* I spent a lot of time trying to cut out the flab in the story. Hopefully it shows
What do I think I might get grief about?
* My limited knowledge of lingerie might trip me up. In particular, the issue of panties over or under garter belt straps
* My limited knowledge of how lawyers act
What were the inspirations for the sex scenes?
* The fuck just inside the apartment was inspired by two videos I found while searching for lingerie porn. Everything in those two videos was exactly the same in the videos except for the teen-aged women - the same overweight, older guy in the same room holding the same video camera while the woman held the same table
What of note got cut from this story?
Major editing changes for the story as it was written?
I futzed with why Nora and Kevin broke up. Initially, it was because things got stale between them and then Kevin started taking Nora for granted. Too short of a time for that. So I changed it to that they weren’t compatible in how they wound down. That didn’t work either. So with some inspiration from one of my beta-readers, I changed it to that they weren’t resolving the big issues.
Any other notes?
I’m looking for beta-readers
Tell me what you think of my stories before I publish them. I’m looking particularly for female ones. I promise to not hit on you - I just want your perspective