Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 10-10-2017, 06:02 AM   #26
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
I'm familiar with it, and I'm in the next older generation and in the US southwest, so it's neither generational nor regional. It could be an Americanism.
Aussie men have had morning wood* for decades, so no, it's not exclusively Yank.

* 'morning glory' is also common here.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 AM   #27
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
As near as I can tell, women aren't usually into morning wood. They might be more likely to say "Get off my back, go pee, and leave me alone." Breakfast and coffee are more exciting.
... or at least just 'go and pee' ... I had an unfortunate experience once that's made me extremely cautious about the early morning blow job ever since.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs

Old 10-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #28
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

I would think anyone on this site would know what "morning wood" is. I have also heard it called a piss hardon.

I may be the only author here who ever described a woman as having morning wood.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #29
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru

I think morning wood is universally understandable (makes me wonder now about my early school years at Morningwood Elementary).

I wonder if the kids these days know what a 'bearded clam' was, since (Hallelujah!), shaving is more the norm these days. I do not miss those Amazon Rainforests of yesteryear.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #30
Bigspurt
Literotica Guru

Question

With regard to "morning wood", how is it that I often require the substance in a blue pill but I wake up with a woodie and no pill has been taken?

Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #31
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspurt View Post
With regard to "morning wood", how is it that I often require the substance in a blue pill but I wake up with a woodie and no pill has been taken?
It's a gift from Phallusius, the great god of erections, and should be regarded with the same reverence reserved for gift horses.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #32
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by latecomer91364 View Post
I think morning wood is universally understandable (makes me wonder now about my early school years at Morningwood Elementary).

I wonder if the kids these days know what a 'bearded clam' was, since (Hallelujah!), shaving is more the norm these days. I do not miss those Amazon Rainforests of yesteryear.
"Bearded clam" - omg, I have NEVER heard that one before and I just singed the inside of my nose with hot coffee. That's .... omg I'm laughing so hard. This is better than researching alien dicks. Which I guess answers your question in part.
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 10-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #33
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:

The last time I heard that expression was back in high school...late '60s.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #34
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspurt View Post
Short simplified answer: our bodies can do a lot of different things, but they can't do all of them at once. If we want to power up one function (say, pump blood fast to the limbs so we can run away from danger) then we need to power down another (say, digestion).

So we have a couple of nervous systems that act in opposition to one another. The "sympathetic nervous system" stimulates fight-or-flight type responses, the "parasympathetic nervous system" stimulates rest, feeding, digestion, excretion, and sex. But each of those systems also suppresses the activity governed by the other one.

(Mostly, that is. Like most things biological, it's a complicated tangle of stuff and there are exceptions, and my physiology is too rusty to give a perfectly accurate summary of this stuff.)

So, you're feeling hungry and then suddenly you get a nasty fright - your SNS says "wake the fuck up, shut down the digestive systems, pump blood to the limbs so we can run away from this bear that's trying to eat us, and for fucksake switch off that erection, now is not the time for sex". Even if you were ravenously hungry a few minutes ago, suddenly you're not noticing that hunger any more, and that erection will vanish very quickly.

Most of the time, both your SNS and PSNS are active to some degree, counterbalancing one another so your body can multi-task. This means that your SNS is sending out erection-damping signals at low volume.

For younger guys in good health, those signals aren't very loud, and other stimulation can overcome them to produce an erection. But if there are other factors working against your ability to get an erection, those SNS signals may tip the balance and make it hard or impossible.

When you sleep, your SNS is usually at low activity and your PSNS is on high, so there's less to inhibit an erection. And when you're dreaming (REM sleep), certain parts of your brain switch off; this is why, most of the time, you can dream about walking and talking but your body doesn't do those things.

So the hypothesis - not proven - is that sleep and especially REM make erections easier because they're dialling down the parts of the brain and nervous system that inhibit erection.

A full bladder can also stimulate some of the nerves involved in erection.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #35
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
Short simplified answer: our bodies can do a lot of different things, but they can't do all of them at once. If we want to power up one function (say, pump blood fast to the limbs so we can run away from danger) then we need to power down another (say, digestion).
Remember also that in a man, there is only enough blood to safely operate one head at a time....

Old 10-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #36
LIVINRFANTASIES
In a Cornfield Near You

Location: In Illinois far from Florida man. Any fool can make babies...... It takes love to raise a family
Dollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
Can't wait to see what happens when I bring up the term 'wet dream' LOLOLOLOL
I think that's why many men have morning wood. It happens during a wet dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamScribble View Post
Such sweet memories.
At least we still have those. I'm beginning to loose my memory too soon. I thank my husband and Lit for helping to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Remember also that in a man, there is only enough blood to safely operate one head at a time....
This is only partly true. It's those sexy ideas on a man's mind that pumps the blood to his little head.
Still living our Fantasies Proud playgrounder #397
Find our true short stories...Click Here--> https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

--184 stories done Keep in mind I'm a Pervert, not an Author, and TRUE STORIES are often boring.
Some stories are short and contain two or more little chapters.

Book #1 Living Our Fantasies---------- Book #2 Please Hold My Titties.
Book #3 The Gogenfart Farm------------- Book #4 Ms. Dollie's Random Stories
Book #5 People Watching---------------Book #6 Mr. Joe Whuzzit
Book #7 Ms.Dollie’s Living Fantasies-------Book #8 TENTS, TRAILERS, TITS, CONDOS, AND CUNTS
Book #9 TiTs and TAXIS--------------------Book #10 PUSSY, PECKERS, and PIZZA

Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #37
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Empirical evidence and personal experience lead me to believe the truth of this observation.
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #38
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Empirical evidence and personal experience lead me to believe the truth of this observation.
I'm a man saying it, I know it to be true!

Old 10-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #39
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVINRFANTASIES View Post
This is only partly true. It's those sexy ideas on a man's mind that pumps the blood to his little head.
Yeah, but once the blood is pumped below, the upper brain is useless for the duration...

Old 10-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #40
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Yeah, but once the blood is pumped below, the upper brain is useless for the duration...
At that point, empirical evidence and personal experience lead me to believe that it's not only blood that's being pumped. Upper brain functions at this point are no longer a requirement for either participant and can safely be discarded for the duration. The ability to substantially verbalize is also over-rated at this point.

Altho making the coffee afterwards would be a nice gesture.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #41
coachdb18
Literotica Guru

Quote:
It's a gift from Phallusius, the great god of erections, and should be regarded with the same reverence reserved for gift horses.
Yes, a reverent remembrance is appropriate!
Please, no religious or political discussion. That's not to say I'll simply tolerate dumb shit, and will engage as necessary. If you would like to discuss flying, welcome...I LOVE discussing flying... and then there's ALWAYS the subject we all love....

My Stories
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-bavaria-trip The Bavaria trip
(Exhibitionist/voyeur category - 2 pages)

Old 10-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #42
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Really Experienced

Quote:
The ability to substantially verbalize is also over-rated at this point.
Oh, I dunno. I like to have my brain engaged. I've always found a few words at the right time to be very effective. You can't think about baseball or your grocery list if your partner is in your ear as well as in your... well, you know.

Quote:
Altho making the coffee afterwards would be a nice gesture.
Now that I agree with!

Old 10-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #43
beachbum1958
Literotica Guru

Location: On the Côte d'Azure, midway btween Cannes and St Tropez, with the Mediterranean in front of my home, and a lagoon full of flamingos behind
Back in the 70's, when I was still in boarding-school in England, 'Morning Wood', 'Woody', 'Morning Glory' were all well-understood slang names for the first show of the day. Your editor is either mordantly ignorant, has no idea how to use the internet for basic research, or, as I think most likely, is one of those snotty twerps who couldn't pass up an opportunity to take a dig at an American for daring to use an 'Americanism' in an 'English' story. Tell him to piss off and learn how to Google.

(Sidebar: One of my professors at medical school once told us that 'torque' could most graphically be demonstrated by observing the way your heels came up off the ground when pushing down your morning erection to take a pee...)

Old 10-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #44
KindofHere
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1958 View Post
(Sidebar: One of my professors at medical school once told us that 'torque' could most graphically be demonstrated by observing the way your heels came up off the ground when pushing down your morning erection to take a pee...)

I had a professor at medical school tell me once, 'Who the hell are you? Get away from that body! Get out of my class!'