Planet Gor

Katemeow

Virgin
Does anyone know any great stories that play out similarly to planet Gor? A place where all women are submissive trained sex salves. This is my biggest fantasy and I don't often come across stories. Thanks!

While most people who love the whole Gor thing are perfectly nice, perfectly sane, people, there is a nutjob contingent who are ALWAYS fighting about what being Gorean means, and who is THE REAL GOR, and omg.
Also, there's a LOT of misogyny in the scene there (mind you, there's a lot of misogyny in the kink scene anyhow, but the Goreans take it further).

Again, I'm sure 90% are perfectly reasonable people playing a fun game.
But, keep your eye out, if you are a woman.

To be fair, there's a core of One Twue Way nutbars in pretty much any identifiable 'sub culture' of the kink world. And, well, everywhere else, too. Gor seems goofier because it's based on a series of clumsily written fantasy novels. Kinda like Scientology with more sex. Or Mormonism. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or Judaism... John Norman probably should have started a church. In fact, it kinda surprises me nobody has incorporated a Temple of Gor yet. I mean, there are freaking Jedi, after all.

L Ron Hubbard is an author\religion starter. He might have threatened to haul John Norman off for reprogramming.

There is a lot to recommend the Gorean mythos to BDSM play, but there is also a lot of which to be careful. My first forays into BDSM, before I even knew the term or that it was a thing, were around the world Norman created. My wife at the time loved the books and did a great deal to arrange occasions and props/set dressing that would let us explore it.

At the same time, like any sub culture of BDSM, there are bad players. Approach with wise caution.

To be fair, there's a core of One Twue Way nutbars in pretty much any identifiable 'sub culture' of the kink world. And, well, everywhere else, too. Gor seems goofier because it's based on a series of clumsily written fantasy novels. Kinda like Scientology with more sex. Or Mormonism. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or Judaism... John Norman probably should have started a church. In fact, it kinda surprises me nobody has incorporated a Temple of Gor yet. I mean, there are freaking Jedi, after all.

Why is there still no like button!?

Hi Kate -

Does anyone know any great stories that play out similarly to planet Gor? A place where all women are submissive trained sex salves. This is my biggest fantasy and I don't often come across stories. Thanks!

Where've you been? PM me! (your inbox is full - surprise, surprise!) ;)

The Gorean-type of world is a favorite theme in my writing, but I struggled through the actual Norman novels I read. So degrading, so unrealistic, and the women and men are so one-dimensional. Yuck.

I like to take his barbaric world and put real, strong women into it, and with male characters who are more nuanced and interesting.

My ex loved the ritual of it as well as the set dressing, so to speak; the robes, the collar descriptions, the whole feel of the setting. It led us to scene while wilderness camping and her to work with a body modification artist to design a brand.

While most people who love the whole Gor thing are perfectly nice, perfectly sane, people, there is a nutjob contingent who are ALWAYS fighting about what being Gorean means, and who is THE REAL GOR, and omg.
Also, there's a LOT of misogyny in the scene there (mind you, there's a lot of misogyny in the kink scene anyhow, but the Goreans take it further).

Again, I'm sure 90% are perfectly reasonable people playing a fun game.
But, keep your eye out, if you are a woman.
I just thought I should reply somehow.

First of all - the advice is totally correct. There'll always be people who take those things too seriously and blur the line between fantasy and reality. So there's that.

I just wanted to clarify that to most people there IS a line between such fantasies and reality. For example, I like extreme settings with slavery, violence, abuse of rights involved. I like non-con settings (in literature). I even enjoyed some extreme stuff like body modification/objectification fantasies.
But that's all it is for most people - a fantasy. Do I find a story about an enslaved person who is made to behave like a pet puppy hot? Yes, I do. But would I find it hot in the real life, even if I could have such a pet without any consequences? Hell no, I'd actually be very disturbed and turned off.

In the end, it's just the same with all fiction. Do I love fantasy books about people fighting with swords? Yes, of course, but I wouldn't ever want to end up in such a setting, even if I was very good with the blade. Horror or action stories? Those often involve homicide and they are so fun to watch, but... you get the point.

Also I don't think that fiction about enslaving women counts as misogyny any more than Rambo movie counts for racism and murder.

It can't be more than 5 billion, can it? :rolleyes:

BTW forgot to reply on-topic. You may wanna check comic books by Erenisch - his worlds are very much like you want. They are not free though.

Thanks to everyone who replied! Enjoyed the lively conversation and got enough fuel for my fire to last a bit. So fascinating :)

Back