Why Do People Lie?

DawnODay

Literotica Guru

For example, does anyone really believe this?

I've interacted with this guy. He's barely bright enough to ride a bicycle or scribble his own name. I find it unbelievable he once flew one of the most advanced aircraft ever built or makes any money writing. He seems to have trouble maintaining a clear line of thought, much less stringing more than four words together into a meaningful sentence.

But here's the thing. He seems like a nice enough guy. Why does he pretend he's something he's not, rather than let people see the real him?

From everyone with whom I've discussed him, it seems he's universally a laughing-stock here. What a shame.

People should just be themselves. That's the path to true contentment.

Attachments

• NotAnSR71pilot.JPG
    NotAnSR71pilot.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 5

For example, does anyone really believe this?

I've interacted with this guy. He's barely bright enough to ride a bicycle or scribble his own name. I find it unbelievable he once flew one of the most advanced aircraft ever built or makes any money writing. He seems to have trouble maintaining a clear line of thought, much less stringing more than four words together into a meaningful sentence.

But here's the thing. He seems like a nice enough guy. Why does he pretend he's something he's not, rather than let people see the real him?

From everyone with whom I've discussed him, it seems he's universally a laughing-stock here. What a shame.

People should just be themselves. That's the path to true contentment.

I hope this helps....

http://www.compulsivelyingdisorder.com/5-different-types-of-liars/

*Perhaps I answered too quickly. Going back and reading his bio...it seems well-written.

Are you referring to his personal convo's with you that you find him erratic?

Last edited:
Wonder who's behind this account and why the attempt at public shaming on this particular forum? Interesting target.

Last edited:
Oh! That is helpful.

Which of the five types of compulsive liars do you think he is?

I ask because this seems a common thing here, and to identify that would be informative.

I'm sorry, I should have caught that you've interacted with him already. Well, I'm not really sure what might be the troublesome part of his interactions.

Could he just be distracted by other things when you interact with him?

I always like to trust people, but realize that can sometimes be dangerous. Does he Facebook? If you like this guy, be sure to interact with other's that know him.

Never, by any means, meet with him until you have checked him out completely.

Good luck! :)

edited to add....without interacting with him, I could not even guess if he's a liar or not. sorry.

Wonder who's behind this account and why the attempt at public shaming on this particular forum?

I'm me, and this is just an example of a phenomenon I see throughout Literotica.

I picked this example because it was so patently ridiculous.

An SR-71 pilot? Really? Do YOU believe that?

I'm me, and this is just an example of a phenomenon I see throughout Literotica.

I picked this example because it was so patently ridiculous.

An SR-71 pilot? Really? Do YOU believe that?

I do not care about it at all. I also do not care how people want to portray themselves here unless they are trying to hurt others or disrupt the forum.

Well crap....now I feel totally suckered and embarrassed. :eek:

I always choose the trusting and compassionate route....

....and always will. ;)

Hm. Even the drama queens are lame on Sundays.

I think you are correct.

And frankly what's the point of the thread. Apparently it didn't work out. Build a bridge and get over it. Public displays are most unseemly.

I do not care about it at all. I also do not care how people want to portray themselves here unless they are trying to hurt others.

My point is that he's hurting himself, as does anyone who tries to assert accolades they have not earned.

Also, one could argue that a guy of his obvious mediocrity, by claiming to have flown the SR-71 (yet denying he was ever in the military, I've been told), is stealing the honor of those heroes who actually did fly those dangerous missions, some of whom died doing so.

That, to me, is hurtful.

I do not care about it at all. I also do not care how people want to portray themselves here unless they are trying to hurt others or disrupt the forum.

Good on ya, Adjudicator. I like your style. :)

Whether or not the OP was being an innocent or a jerk.

Things have a way of working out, don't they. ;)

I think you are correct.

And frankly what's the point of the thread. Apparently it didn't work out. Build a bridge and get over it. Public displays are most unseemly.

The point appears to be shaming or humiliating another individual. With a goal like that the GB is the forum to choose because moderators would delete this in other forums. I suspect she expected others to join in on the harassment.

Well crap....now I feel totally suckered and embarrassed. :eek:

I always choose the trusting and compassionate route....

....and always will. ;)

I'm sorry.

I'm just writing what I think and believe.

How did I leave you "suckered and embarrassed"?

I thought you were very helpful.

My point is that he's hurting himself, as does anyone who tries to assert accolades they have not earned.

Also, one could argue that a guy of his obvious mediocrity, by claiming to have flown the SR-71 (yet denying he was ever in the military, I've been told), is stealing the honor of those heroes who actually did fly those dangerous missions, some of whom died doing so.

That, to me, is hurtful.

Meh...at this point, I think it's a MYOB situation.

Surely there are animals in your community who need rescuing. I'm serious...put your efforts where they count. :rose::kiss:

The point appears to be shaming or humiliating another individual. With a goal like that the GB is the forum to choose because moderators would delete this in other forums. I suspect she expected others to join in on the harassment.

You give me more credit than I deserve. I picked this thread because it fir nowhere else. Why would they delete it elsewhere if it was appropriate to the thread?

Anyway, like I said, I think his obvious false claim of heroism is hurtful to true heroes. You haven't responded to that.

Why are you writing your posts in bold? :rolleyes:

Sorry. I did it initially to distinguish it from the graphic in the first post, then continued for consistency. Is there something offensive about writing in bold? I'll stop.

Last edited:
You give me more credit than I deserve. I picked this thread because it fir nowhere else. Why would they delete it elsewhere if it was appropriate to the thread?

Anyway, like I said, I think his obvious false claim of heroism is hurtful to true heroes. You haven't responded to that.

Response:

Lit membership should come with a lie detector when you sign up. ;)

Perhaps his biography is meant to be fictitious?

That, to me, is hurtful.

How do you know that he isn't the guy who flies them from the factory to the airbase?

So you think it is acceptable for people to claim heroism they did not perform?

Don't you think that diminishes and is therefore hurtful to the true heroes?

Meh...at this point, I think it's a MYOB situation.

Surely there are animals in your community who need rescuing. I'm serious...put your efforts where they count. :rose::kiss:

I am a volunteer reading tutor for teens in the inner city of Milwaukee. Does that count?

Dawn O Day. I'm taking the high road and believing that you meant no harm here. But realize that there are many different personalities that haunt the halls of Lit.

The best advice is to simply give leeway to those you pass by.

If somebody rubs you wrong, just avoid them. Or keep your contact with them minimal.

Dive into the convos and threads of those you enjoy.....and....just enjoy. :)

Dawn O Day. I'm taking the high road and believing that you meant no harm here. But realize that there are many different personalities that haunt the halls of Lit.

The best advice is to simply give leeway to those you pass by.

If somebody rubs you wrong, just avoid them. Or keep your contact with them minimal.

Dive into the convos and threads of those you enjoy.....and....just enjoy. :)

Thank you.

You're sweet.

Truly, I meant no offense. I only had the questions I raised in my original posts. It was those who thereafter attacked me who brought in all these hurtful issues.

Back