What's for dinner?

I feel so out of touch. All this time I was under the impression that 'beef' was what was for dinner. Where did I go wrong? :)

'comes from a pouch and can be heated up in under three minutes'? Are we talking wacky baccy here, Mer? :)

Ummm, Sam, you'll have to translate for me...baccy? I feel like I've been left out out of my own joke...:eek:

(Do you consider Indian food in a pouch wacky...?)

Actually, it ended up being sardines out of a can, bread and cheese. I couldn't even be bothered withheld heating for 3 minutes.

I had a late dinner where I currently am, away from home on business. I had stewed goat.

REAL dinner? It takes me hours and hours to make dinner, maybe even since the early morning.

When I was a kid we had servants (yep) and 'dinner' began at about six in the morning (a lot earlier if you counted that people went to the 'wet markets' to get fresh whatever they needed) when someone began pounding the red chilies or hand-grating the coconut for squeezing the coconut milk from later.

Beef Burgundy takes a good eight to ten hours AT LEAST.

Yeah... so, 'dinner.'

This is when the food comes well and truly prepared beforehand. I tend to have very experienced, knowledgeable, intelligent food, but sometimes peasant food will do just as well, but even this is prepared long long before it is EATEN. Sometimes some ingredients are whipped. Sometimes just lightly basted over, and sometimes straight out of the shell, with the taste of the salt sea air and foam lingering in your mouth and in your nostrils. Charcuterie, as the Europeans say, is almost always a part of the whole performance, and in this, I personally find a good Dutch sausage - the Frinkandel - the most satisfying; it is both firm and long and capable of getting the salivatory juices going A LOT.

BTW: I'm having pan seared, skin on salmon fillet with a sweet teriyaki glaze, semi-mashed potatoes with butter (ungodly amounts) sour cream, bacon and half a tablespoon of horseradish, and some steamed broccoli with a sweet onion agave sauce.

Oh. And a couple glasses of DiSaronno on the rocks.

Toaster waffles and Mrs Butterworth and some sausage links outta the miniwave and some OJ but not Simpson, and coffee but thats cause its breakfast for me and stuff.

Debbie :heart:

I cooked pasta w/ grilled chicken, carrots, broccoli, peas, grated parmesean cheese with garlic bread.

It all came from the freezer section, lol.

Shrimp fried rice takeout. My wife drove into the snow, so I went into mourning by doing Chinese takeout.

Soy sauce chicken, steamed rice and vegetables.

Made some raisin and goji berry scones this morning before I went off to work and some home made yogurt tonite.

Back