A Gallimaufry For The Lackadaisical Logophile

Emerson40

An evening spent dancing
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Posts
13,837
tumblr_mu8yq1I5CJ1s85u2fo1_500.gif




CRYPTOMNESIA

[noun]
when a forgotten memory returns without it being recognised as such by the subject, who believes it is something new and original. It is a memory bias whereby a person may falsely recall generating a thought, an idea, a song, or a joke, not deliberately engaging in plagiarism but rather experiencing a memory as if it were a new inspiration.




ATHAZAGORAPHOBIA

[noun]
the fear of forgetting or being forgotten, ignored or replaced.
 
tumblr_m5waavNYir1r47bczo1_r1_500.jpg




PEOTILLOMANIA

[noun]
a nervous tic consisting of a constant touching and pulling of the penis.





ITHYPHALLOPHOBIA

[noun]
Informal: fear of seeing, thinking about, or having an erect penis; fear of erect penises.
 
Last edited:
tumblr_msh3ns96Fj1rbrhnko1_500.gif




DACTYLION

[noun]
the tip or end of the middle finger when the hand is fully extended: a measuring point in anthropometry.




RASCETA

[noun]
traverse creases, or lines in the skin, on the inside of your wrist.
 
lights-color-rain-raining-drop-gif-animation-window-beautiful-amazing-nature-favim-com-463126.gif






DEFENESTRATE

[verb]
throwing of someone or something out of a window



INTERFENESTRATION

[noun]
the space between two windows; by extension, the arrangement of a wall so that the windows and the space between them shall be artistically and aesthetically proportioned
 
DEFENESTRATE

[verb]
throwing of someone or something out of a window
Made famous by the Defenestration(s) of Prague, when bunches of politicians were tossed out of high windows. Could re-enactments in USA solve some current political problems? Well, the 2nd Defenestration provoked the Thirty Years War, so maybe it's not such a good idea.
 
Touch the penis, stroke the penis, love the penis. I need a penis for my nervous tic.


I think you would have no trouble finding a tock for your tic. :cool:



Made famous by the Defenestration(s) of Prague, when bunches of politicians were tossed out of high windows. Could re-enactments in USA solve some current political problems? Well, the 2nd Defenestration provoked the Thirty Years War, so maybe it's not such a good idea.


Yeah, those ol' Czechs and Bohemians sure did have a thing for chucking folks out of windows.
 
tumblr_mb5929xQan1qeyvado1_400.jpg





NOSOMANIA


[noun]
delusion, obsession, or morbid belief that one is suffering from a disease




IGNOMINY

[noun]
1. disgrace; dishonour; public contempt
2. shameful or dishonourable quality or conduct
 
6377989417_aa1b07dedc_o.gif




OMBRIFUGE

[noun]
a refuge or shelter from the rain.



PETRICHOR

[noun]
a pleasant, earthy smell that accompanies the first rain after a long period of dry, warm weather
 
ANIMAL CHIN

xmLszcP.jpg


[person/mythical creature/probable GOD]
the creator of "Rollersurfing" popularized by awesome kids in the '70's.





BONES BRIGADE

lRzeryz.jpg


[mission]
The Bones Brigade travels around California, Nevada, and Hawaii to different skate spots in search of a wisened old man, Won Ton "Animal" Chin. The movie is of the old-school nomadic, skate-everything-in-your-path genre with interludes of stopping to rip-up a big ramp, pool or kicker. After much searching and skateboarding, they locate a large ramp in the desert. They also find a Chinese character on the inside of the ramp's spine. They conclude that in searching for Mr. Chin, they may have found his spirit.
 
tumblr_lsqmdlSGNJ1r47bczo1_500.jpg





PANDICULATION

[noun]
stretching when tired or when waking up



PARESTHESIA

[noun]
an abnormal sensation of the body, such as the prickly feeling when your limb "falls asleep", or bugs crawling underneath the skin
 
tumblr_lyk682BWhe1r47bczo1_500.jpg




ATRESIA

[noun]
a condition in which a body orifice or passage in the body is abnormally closed or absent.
the degeneration of those ovarian follicles that do not ovulate during the menstrual cycle.




INSOUCIANCE

[noun]
the quality of being insouciant; a casual lack of care or concern; indifference.
 
tumblr_mruue0bGOM1rw872io1_500.jpg




INFANTICIDE

[noun]
the killing of a human infant within a year of birth. Neonaticide, a killing within 24 hours of a baby’s birth, is most commonly done by the mother whereas infanticide of a baby more than one day old is more frequently committed by the father.



OSSUARY

[noun]
a place or receptacle for the bones of the dead.
 
tumblr_n0r80uJoUX1s6qa42o1_500.jpg




MELOLAGNIA

[noun]

amorous feeling inspired by music; sexual arousal caused by the playing of, or listening to music.




PATHOPOEIA

[noun]

1. the arousing of emotion in someone who hears music; a passage designed to arouse emotions; an emotional response from music.

2. speech that moves hearers emotionally, especially as the speaker attempts to elicit an emotional response by way of demonstrating his/her own feelings; a speech, or figure of speech, designed to arouse the emotions.
 
tumblr_o7a716YYXS1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg





OIKONISUS

[noun]
the desire to start a family.



POLYPHILOPROGENITIVE

[adjective]
extremely fertile, generating abundantly, a prolific or imaginative.
 
Back
Top