I've noticed something with votes

sdbbc

Virgin
My story gets a 4.XX rating from the jump, yay, cool, whatever. Then I notice that .XX goes UP when the number of votes go DOWN, that's even better, but the $64K question is...why?

My story gets a 4.XX rating from the jump, yay, cool, whatever. Then I notice that .XX goes UP when the number of votes go DOWN, that's even better, but the $64K question is...why?

Ever so often the website sweeps the votes of what they deem fraudulent ones. And no, no one but them knows the criteria they use. Some have educated ideas but why put those up as all they do is tell the trolls and people trying to game the system how to do it.

Ever so often the website sweeps the votes of what they deem fraudulent ones. And no, no one but them knows the criteria they use. Some have educated ideas but why put those up as all they do is tell the trolls and people trying to game the system how to do it.
That's what I guessed, but had to ask... thanks!

I can't complain about the 'sweeps' system. It has happened to me a few times, and usually results in a higher score.

I can't complain about the 'sweeps' system. It has happened to me a few times, and usually results in a higher score.

My submissions were swept a few weeks ago. All my scores dropped; most of my Red H's went away. I feel robbed. I PM'd Laurel with no response or reform. I now have no trust in voting, and reduced external incentive to keep posting. I'll just post what and when I feel like, and fuck y'all.

</grumpy>

My submissions were swept a few weeks ago. All my scores dropped; most of my Red H's went away. I feel robbed. I PM'd Laurel with no response or reform. I now have no trust in voting, and reduced external incentive to keep posting. I'll just post what and when I feel like, and fuck y'all.

</grumpy>

Did you include a link to your stories?

</grumpy>

That would mean that the Web site thinks you got more illegitimate fan votes than illegitimate low votes, which would be a case of needing to look at your fans to vote only once (if the Web site's formulas as consistent).

5's get swept too. If your scores go down after a sweep, you had more friends than foes. (ETA: I took a long time to post. Pilot said the same thing first.)

It is counter-productive to talk about scores and voting, of course, because it draws attention to proud authors (a troll's favorite target). I'm sure they patrol this forum for evidence that their work has bothered someone. We shouldn't mention when sweeps happen because it signals when the trolls should go bombing again.

At the end of the day, whether my story has a 3.4 or a 4.7 score is arbitrary; the same number of people read it, the same number of people enjoyed it, most (99 out of 100) of whom did not contribute to the score by voting.

I don't have any stories with a 4.0 score, but I have had a great deal of fun stirring up the LW Trolls. I have literally laughed until I had tears in my eyes at some of the totally asinine comments left by Trolls.

You don't have to do any hacking to screw with the voting at Literotica.

Back