The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

I"m actually starting to feel fine, thanks. I plan to start some light exercise tomorrow and a part of me wants to look for opportunities to speak to groups about the experience that is cancer treatment and on some ways to minimize the risk of having to do it. But don't tell anyone as it's just the baby of an idea.

Excellent. And talk about turning cancer into cancer-ade! Speaking to groups about your experience sounds like a tool that uses the MWY super powers for good.

Congrats.

I just wanted to update everyone on SW. He was moved Wednesday to the VA hospice center where he most wanted to live. This new place doesn't have internet, so he won't be online for a bit unless he uses his phone. We do have a hot spot that I'll go activate if he wants me to. I'll see him Sunday so I'll visit with him a bit then.

I know he hasn't been able to get on here and post like he used to. I've been wary about posting updates because I want to insulate the people he loves most from what I'm going through. I do log in here on a semi-regular basis, so I would encourage anyone who would like to receive more detailed updates to reach out to me. You are all so important to him, and because of that, to me.

:rose: YK

Can I get an Amen??!

Also: Join me in Friday-Good-Vibeday for Sir Winston and his family.

Yes.
Joining.

I just wanted to update everyone on SW. He was moved Wednesday to the VA hospice center where he most wanted to live. This new place doesn't have internet, so he won't be online for a bit unless he uses his phone. We do have a hot spot that I'll go activate if he wants me to. I'll see him Sunday so I'll visit with him a bit then.

I know he hasn't been able to get on here and post like he used to. I've been wary about posting updates because I want to insulate the people he loves most from what I'm going through. I do log in here on a semi-regular basis, so I would encourage anyone who would like to receive more detailed updates to reach out to me. You are all so important to him, and because of that, to me.

I don't think anyone minds if you post updates or vent in this thread, if you are comfortable doing so.
Thinking of you both.:rose:

Post and share what you feel you want to share.

You both are important to us.

:rose:

YK, sending you and SW lots of love.

You both have friends here who want to reach out and help where possible.

Fuck you cancer!!

Thanks for the update. I've wanted to know how things were going but didn't like to intrude. :rose:

Fantastic news that SW got into the hospice center of his choice. Good vibes all day long!

YK, please know that whatever you choose to share or not share is totally fine. With regards to what you can share, please know your words are welcomed, supported, appreciated, and completely safe here no matter what they are. You are both nestled in my softest thoughts.

I'm happy to report that the west coast SW and YK antennas are polished up and working at full force.

Much love! :rose:

Hugs and positive thoughts sent to you and SW. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

@YK, we're going to be ok, but any updates you can manage to post will be met with gratitude and a smile. Please tell our guy that I think of him every day.

All of the above xx All positive thoughts and love to SW and YK :heart:

Wow, everyone. Just wow. I was offline for a few days and I came back to all this. Thank you so much, all of you.

SW is settled in and they've hooked him up with internet. It's very hard for him to type so I don't expect he'll be posting much, but he does get on here and he reads everything you post.

I can't thank you enough for all your support. If you would like to send him a card, care package, or anything physical, please PM me and I'll give you his address. What matters most, though, are your "antennas" of love and care and prayers.

Wow, everyone. Just wow. I was offline for a few days and I came back to all this. Thank you so much, all of you.

SW is settled in and they've hooked him up with internet. It's very hard for him to type so I don't expect he'll be posting much, but he does get on here and he reads everything you post.

I can't thank you enough for all your support. If you would like to send him a card, care package, or anything physical, please PM me and I'll give you his address. What matters most, though, are your "antennas" of love and care and prayers.

Thank you for the update. Please take care and send the best. Beacon beaming here!

No typing, huh? Yeeees. Now's our chance to drive him insane with grammatical abominations!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Thank you for the update. Please take care and send the best. Beacon beaming here!

No typing, huh? Yeeees. Now's our chance to drive him insane with grammatical abominations!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I suspect we're doing that already! ;)

Thank you so much for doing this. I'll be seeing him again Wednesday and I'll make sure he's seen this.

Unfortunately, the messages only stay "lit" for 48 hours. Rest assured, people far and wide, and even beyond this forum are beaming so much love, warmth, appreciation, laughter at some of his comments, and gratitude for his life and how SW has influenced us. I know I'm speaking for others, but I think we all feel the same way.

I know you don't know me, but I appreciate everything you have done on his behalf and I am beaming you lots of love and positive energy, too. :heart:

Back