Old 07-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
gerrynylon
Really Experienced

Clear photos?

Hi, how can I upload clear crisp photos? I do most of my posting via my iPhone and when I take a photo it is clear. When I go to use it, the site tells me it is too big. So I capture the screen on my iPhone ,using the buttons, and a copy of my original photo is saved, this is then allowed to be posted here. When I then click on it, to ensure it is the correct photo, it seems very fuzzy. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
Weird Harold
Opinionated Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynylon View Post
Hi, how can I upload clear crisp photos? I do most of my posting via my iPhone and when I take a photo it is clear. When I go to use it, the site tells me it is too big. So I capture the screen on my iPhone ,using the buttons, and a copy of my original photo is saved, this is then allowed to be posted here. When I then click on it, to ensure it is the correct photo, it seems very fuzzy. Any help appreciated, thanks.
Check your phone's settings and see if you can reduce the default resolution for the camera.

Alternatively, email the picture to a computer that can run image editing software and do a proper resampling/resize of the picture before posting it.

A second alternative: find an image hosting site that you can upload to from your phone and hotlink the image from there.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #3
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
Check your phone's settings and see if you can reduce the default resolution for the camera.

Alternatively, email the picture to a computer that can run image editing software and do a proper resampling/resize of the picture before posting it.
Yep, this. Proper editing software will give you a lot more control over size vs quality than a screenshot. There are various free products available that will do the job.

I use Gimp (not the most user-friendly in the world but should be OK for simple resizing) and if you don't want to install something, there are web pages that can do it e.g. http://www.picresize.com/ .

Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
Serafina1210
Literotica Guru

You can also get an app for resizing your photos. I know there's at least one for Android, and I'll be there are several for the iPhone too.