Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 07-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #26
subrinablaze
Experienced

Those lines tell the story of who you are, a survivor. I have stretch marks from my babies and a C-section scar. But hey, I created life and the C-section saved my son's life! I just dress to accentuate what I want. I've seen some lovely scar cover-ups for breast cancer patients. Imperfection is beauty.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
PaganBull
Gazer Grazer

Give yourself time, just like you say. And trust your husband when he say's he doesn't mind. (as I'm sure you do)

Just coz I've only got one leg doesn't mean I hop into bed with anybody!

Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #28
KrazyWhiteBoy
Really Experienced

Scars are tattoos with a better story. I bought the tshirt last week, and I have tattoos and scars. The scars are definitely better, and now many years later, funnier to talk about. Funny because of the different reactions people have when the causes are described.

My most noticeable scars are very large and on my legs. My wife says I "still have really nice legs even though I don't workout like I used to". Listen to your Husband, most people are their own worst critic.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #29
Mammi89
Experienced

Smile ..

Don't you dare be ashamed of your scars. You've fought battles and won. You're a damn warrior and more beautiful for it!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #30
slipperyblisses
Virgin

Simple girl...

We have the same problem in our relationship but honestly, knowing the history of things that my wife has endured, I never questioned them as badges of honour. We suffered through a hell of a lot before our first child was born ( the both of them nearly died ) and I celebrate the reminders. She hates them but I remind her of the triumphs and that always brings us a little closer. And really that's what sex is truly about for me, getting so close that all those things melt away. Touch, warmth, smell, the way her hair falls and the way all the different parts of her taste are more powerful ( and what I fantasize about most ;-) than her scars.

You should ask your husband what he sees in his mind's eye when he thinks of you in that way.

cheers,
slipperyblisses.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #31
GrrlFriday
Literotica Guru

Sometimes I find it helpful just to think about what my body can do.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #32
Trixareforkids
Drawn that way

Most scars aren't a badge of courage the majority come from stupidity or necessity. However, they are all amazing. The things our bodies can do, stretching and contracting, being split open and resealing, it really is a wonder.

Fondle them, get to really know them and then, like the rest of your body, only if they're different than they were will you even notice them most days.

We see 'perfect' bodies all over the media, I much prefer the extraordinary bodies of everyday people and the stories they tell. How boring would it be if we were all cookie cutter mannequins.

My ramblings

Old 08-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #33
jehoram
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixareforkids View Post
Most scars aren't a badge of courage the majority come from stupidity or necessity.
Or sheer accident. (Like being a passenger in a car that got run off the road.) But the scars do testify to a degree of suffering that came later, and suffering can be a very effective character builder. I've seen it many, many times. I look at a person with a scar and think "That person has been down that road, too" and I am less quick to judge him or her.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #34
Trixareforkids
Drawn that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehoram View Post
Or sheer accident. (Like being a passenger in a car that got run off the road.) But the scars do testify to a degree of suffering that came later, and suffering can be a very effective character builder. I've seen it many, many times. I look at a person with a scar and think "That person has been down that road, too" and I am less quick to judge him or her.
But most accidents are caused by someone's stupidity. Was it the one who bares the scars or someone who walked away unscathed? Does it matter to someone viewing the scars if they're from chance or bad choices?

Every body tells a story, scars are just the opening lines of some people's stories.

My ramblings