Women who desire women

made a fool of myself

I don't usually chase after someone. Hardly ever. I guess mainly because I'm involved with guys and all you have to do is show a bit of interest in them or flash your boobs for things to get moving.

But last week I came onto a friend who I've been really close to the last few months, Fatima. We have coffee nearly every day at work, an excuse to get out of the office really, and we can talk for ages. I've been physically attracted to her from the start (something unusual for me) but she's married and I've had so few grl-grl relationships that I've not got much confidence. Plus she hasn't given any sign that she sees me as anything other than a friend to talk to.

Or, that was until a couple of weeks ago. We were having coffee as usual and Fatima started complaining about her husband. Nothing unusual in that - she's told me before what a boring man he is, how there is no passion in their relationship, how routine the bedroom stuff has become - except this time she touched my wrist a couple of times as she talked.

Surely it wasn't just me that felt the electricity when she did that? She leant in again, touched my forearm (again the tingle, this time all the way to my parts) and said she was sure there are other things in life and she doesn't just want to WAIT for them to happen, she wants to MAKE them happen.

She said we should go for a drink after work and I was in a fluster all day, kept looking across to her desk, admiring her profile, that beautiful full dark hair. God, I'm pathetic. Anyway, that evening we got more than a little drunk at some bar and when we went outside for a cigarette, I kissed her.

Wow, did I get that wrong! She was startled then flustered and a bit angry. Didn't want to talk and took a taxi home immediately. Since then she has totally blanked me at work and I heard she's applied for a transfer.

Can't believe I got it so wrong.

That sucks

That really sucked, her acting that way. Hope this incident does not mess you up. Better luck down the road.

Notnice, I have always found this the hardest.......gauging someones actual intent. I am very shy when it comes to these kind of things in real life and I would be horrified to get it wrong.

Notnice66, I think I would have made the same mistake, repeated touching of me by someone I would have thought they were interested.

I don't usually chase after someone. Hardly ever. I guess mainly because I'm involved with guys and all you have to do is show a bit of interest in them or flash your boobs for things to get moving.

But last week I came onto a friend who I've been really close to the last few months, Fatima. We have coffee nearly every day at work, an excuse to get out of the office really, and we can talk for ages. I've been physically attracted to her from the start (something unusual for me) but she's married and I've had so few grl-grl relationships that I've not got much confidence. Plus she hasn't given any sign that she sees me as anything other than a friend to talk to.

Or, that was until a couple of weeks ago. We were having coffee as usual and Fatima started complaining about her husband. Nothing unusual in that - she's told me before what a boring man he is, how there is no passion in their relationship, how routine the bedroom stuff has become - except this time she touched my wrist a couple of times as she talked.

Surely it wasn't just me that felt the electricity when she did that? She leant in again, touched my forearm (again the tingle, this time all the way to my parts) and said she was sure there are other things in life and she doesn't just want to WAIT for them to happen, she wants to MAKE them happen.

She said we should go for a drink after work and I was in a fluster all day, kept looking across to her desk, admiring her profile, that beautiful full dark hair. God, I'm pathetic. Anyway, that evening we got more than a little drunk at some bar and when we went outside for a cigarette, I kissed her.

Wow, did I get that wrong! She was startled then flustered and a bit angry. Didn't want to talk and took a taxi home immediately. Since then she has totally blanked me at work and I heard she's applied for a transfer.

Can't believe I got it so wrong.

Maybe the problem is that you got it right.

sorry to hear... welcome to the club of misread -gaydar-signale... we've all in iur hormonal exuberance ,is-read a time or 2... or 3 ?

cheers it too shall pass...

I admire you for taking the initiative and took the matter into your own. I don't think I'd have courage to do what you have done since I can be very shy. Fatima should be mad at herself for misleading you and don't be hard on yourself.

Just reflecting on NotNices post.......have any of you girls ever got the signals wrong? I have once also and it was quite embarrasing.

I admire you for taking the initiative and took the matter into your own. I don't think I'd have courage to do what you have done since I can be very shy. Fatima should be mad at herself for misleading you and don't be hard on yourself.

Don't know if I'll ever take that initiative again. Once bitten, and all that... (sniff!)

af

On a work trip...at my hotel...thinking about afternoon delight before the lunch meeting. Something about hotel sheets gets me every time, lol

Back