Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests > Survivor Contest

Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
CrimsonMaiden
Pretty in Pink

2014 Survivor News & Views: Announcements and Discussions for the Survivorphile

This thread is for any contest related official announcements or questions for the 2014 contest. Post it here and a moderator or fellow contestant will be happy to help you.

Use the registration thread for registrations only, please! Thanks!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMaiden View Post
This thread is for any contest related official announcements or questions for the 2014 contest. Post it here and a moderator or fellow contestant will be happy to help you.

Use the registration thread for registrations only, please! Thanks!
Hey, Crim. Are you back? You've probably heard by now that Laurel fired me from the Mod position, but I have been maintaining the scoreboard and immunity threads.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
CrimsonMaiden
Pretty in Pink

I pmed you.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
SusanJillParker
Really Really Experienced

I have a question regarding immunities.

If a contestant's number is picked in the lottery and they also have the same number as the bonus ball, is the player allowed to count that as two immunities.

If that's happened before, I don't recall and if it has, I don't remember the ruling.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
CrimsonMaiden
Pretty in Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanJillParker View Post

If a contestant's number is picked in the lottery and they also have the same number as the bonus ball, is the player allowed to count that as two immunities.

If that's happened before, I don't recall and if it has, I don't remember the ruling.

I actually don't think it's possible. I think if the number shows up in the regular numbers it can't be a bonus number since it's already been picked once. In all of the years I've participated and moderated the contest, it's never happened.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMaiden View Post
I actually don't think it's possible. I think if the number shows up in the regular numbers it can't be a bonus number since it's already been picked once. In all of the years I've participated and moderated the contest, it's never happened.
I don't think it's possible either. Six numbers are drawn and, if somebody has all six, they win big bucks. Then they draw a seventh number and, if somebody has that one and five of the first six, they win a lot of money but much less than the grand prize. They start with all the numbers from one through 49 and they don't replace the numbers after they are drawn. The bonus number can't possibly match one of the first six.

At least that's how it's done. I do know that's how the California lottery is done, and it's patterned after the English one.

I've never known it to happen either.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
pacifist91w
Experienced

What about the caps?

I'm pretty new here, but I thought the cap levels made sure that only the first three stories in any category applied to points until all categories were filled with at least one story. If I'm right about that, then isn't your score slightly wrong in these categories (where it should be capped at 5 points for now): erotic couplings; incest/taboo; mature.
If I'm wrong, I apologize! I just noticed that your score was amazingly high--and still is, even if the score in a couple of categories is slightly off--and as someone who's interested in accruing points, I wanted to see how the "contests" bonuses worked. (I figured you had to have at least one of those, and sure enough, you had two!)
Thanks, dear author!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
SusanJillParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifist91w View Post
I'm pretty new here, but I thought the cap levels made sure that only the first three stories in any category applied to points until all categories were filled with at least one story. If I'm right about that, then isn't your score slightly wrong in these categories (where it should be capped at 5 points for now): erotic couplings; incest/taboo; mature.
If I'm wrong, I apologize! I just noticed that your score was amazingly high--and still is, even if the score in a couple of categories is slightly off--and as someone who's interested in accruing points, I wanted to see how the "contests" bonuses worked. (I figured you had to have at least one of those, and sure enough, you had two!)
Thanks, dear author!
The points don't matter until the end of the contest. Whatever points are not applicable are not counted by the moderators. It's much easier for me to keep track of my stories, being that I write so very many, to post stories to my scorecard as they post.

Besides, I'll be filling all categories with at least 3 stories by the end of the year, perhaps even 5 stories in each category. Being that this is the last year for the contest, I'm writing as many stories as I can. My temporarily inflated scores shouldn't be an issue by year end.

Thanks for noticing.

Susan

Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
SusanJillParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifist91w View Post
Thanks, dear author!
You realize, of course, that I won the contest in 2013, finished 3rd in 2012, won again in 2011, and finished 2nd in 2010, 2008, & 2007. So, I think that I know how to fill out a scorecard (lol).

By the way, I plan on winning this year too. I'm competitive that way.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

I have noticed your scoreboard includes some stories that cannot be counted as scores until you have filled all the first caps. Until that happens, you can have no more than five points (ten in Novels and Novellas) in any category. It's okay to list more than that as long as you know those excess scores cannot be counted yet.

For each them contest you enter, you can count five points, with a thirty point bonus for entering all six contests. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, only one of them can get that five points but the others can be included in categories.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
SusanJillParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
I have noticed your scoreboard includes some stories that cannot be counted as scores until you have filled all the first caps. Until that happens, you can have no more than five points (ten in Novels and Novellas) in any category. It's okay to list more than that as long as you know those excess scores cannot be counted yet.

For each them contest you enter, you can count five points, with a thirty point bonus for entering all six contests. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, only one of them can get that five points but the others can be included in categories.
I know. I'm well aware of the rules. If it would make you feel better for me to reduce my score from the few extra points that cannot be counted, I will do that.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm cheating, especially when I'm going to win anyway.

Thanks for reciting the rules to me.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #12
pacifist91w
Experienced

wow! okay, thanks for explaining!

Quote:
You realize, of course, that I won the contest in 2013, finished 3rd in 2012, won again in 2011, and finished 2nd in 2010, 2008, & 2007. So, I think that I know how to fill out a scorecard (lol).

By the way, I plan on winning this year too. I'm competitive that way.
I appreciate you explaining your scorecard to me, dear author. (You get how an author new to the site would have been confused by it, I'm sure!) I understand now why you're doing it that way. I hope I didn't offend you, because I really did not intend to do so.
As for who wins this year, I just know it won't be me. But I do want to compete in the hopes that I'll increase my output.
Thank you for your response and very effective explanation.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
pacifist91w
Experienced

Thank you for the example!

Your card has been a really big help to me, so I'd like to say thanks. I've been able to record an immunity and a contest entry by following your example.
I appreciate your help.
And--although I know you don't need it!--good luck in the competition, dear author.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #14
Neonurotic
cafe oooh latte

Anyone know when or how often Laurel post Illustrated Poetry? The last post was something like the end of February.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
xelliebabex
Weird Aussie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonurotic View Post
Anyone know when or how often Laurel post Illustrated Poetry? The last post was something like the end of February.
Mine went up in February I didn't wait that long possibly two weeks. Maybe there just havent been many since then. If you are waiting maybe pm her. Its usually the audio ones that can take a very long time to post. Last year they took well over a month.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #16
pacifist91w
Experienced

That's very helpful to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelliebabex View Post
Mine went up in February I didn't wait that long possibly two weeks. Maybe there just havent been many since then. If you are waiting maybe pm her. Its usually the audio ones that can take a very long time to post. Last year they took well over a month.
I wasn't looking for this kind of info, but I read most of the survivor threads. It takes that long to post audio, huh? That's very useful information. Thank you kindly!

Old 05-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #17
Neonurotic
cafe oooh latte

Thanks ellie, I went ahead and pm'd Laurel on this.