Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Have you ever . . .?

Have you ever had a random thought that didn't feel like it came from you, that felt like someone else had put it in your brain?

Out now, on eXcessica and in print on Amazon: Shelter From The Storm and Spell of Appalachia.

~~~~

SweetWitch is my best friend in all of LitDom, notwithstanding our CURRENT FEUD, and she can post in any thread of mine any time the mood strikes her.
~Marsh Alien
Welcome to a world of unbridled sensuality, where the only restrictions are from insufficient imagination. A world of fantastic sexual delights and overwhelming passions.
You're about to enter--The Naked Party Zone.
~TE999

Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
MSTarot
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetWitch View Post
Have you ever had a random thought that didn't feel like it came from you, that felt like someone else had put it in your brain?
Can't say that I have had that happen. But...

I did use to have what I called "Testing Dreams." Where it felt like my morals and character were being tested by the situations I was dreaming about.

Would I be willing to kill?

Would I be willing to die for someone I loved?

Would I stand by and let someone I loved be killed?

Had them for about a year then they stopped and they never at any time felt like they were just something I would normally dream about.

They felt like a test.

The lower the score the more likely the story is rather dark. Enjoy what you like and please feel free to comment.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Okay.

When you're alone, have you ever heard someone say your name, whispered like a the beat of a hummingbird's wings?

Out now, on eXcessica and in print on Amazon: Shelter From The Storm and Spell of Appalachia.

~~~~

SweetWitch is my best friend in all of LitDom, notwithstanding our CURRENT FEUD, and she can post in any thread of mine any time the mood strikes her.
~Marsh Alien
Welcome to a world of unbridled sensuality, where the only restrictions are from insufficient imagination. A world of fantastic sexual delights and overwhelming passions.
~TE999

Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
patientlee
It's me, Lzzy. I swear.

Quote:
Okay.

When you're alone, have you ever heard someone say your name, whispered like a the beat of a hummingbird's wings?
I hear my grandmother shouting in my ear sometimes. She died twelve years ago.

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away. ~Tool

My Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #5
Zeb_Carter
I said Bud Light...

Quote:
Okay.

No, but sometimes, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of our dogs which have passed away, but when I look that way there is nothing there.

My wife sometimes does too, but a lot less frequently than I.

I miss them all.

Some would call this spooky, but I think it's them not being able to let go...ghosts of doggies past, hanging out.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
No, but sometimes, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of our dogs which have passed away, but when I look that way there is nothing there.

I miss them all.

Some would call this spooky, but I think it's them not being able to let go...ghosts of doggies past, hanging out.
As long as they don't fight each other for your attention...

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 03-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #7
MSTarot
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post

I miss them all.

We have a poodle haunting our house. The first owner had poodles and I think one of them stayed behind.

We have three small dogs. I'll let three little dogs out. I open the door and three little dogs come running in. Then in a few minutes I hear barking on the back porch, one of mine is still outside.

Felt a dog jump up in the bed and lay down next to me one night. I told her to get under the blanket go to sleep.

and my wife in the computer room called out

"All the girls are in here."

The lower the score the more likely the story is rather dark. Enjoy what you like and please feel free to comment.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #8
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru

Location: Apparently the character limit for "Where you live" is remarkably generous. I live in a nice little home with a walkout basement that faces the street. That means the living area feels as if it's all "upstairs." It's on a road in the USA.
Probably not the same and probably nothing more than stupid coincidence - however, I'm consistently amazed with the amount of serendipity in my life. Seems to happen all the time. My favorite in recent years was when I was stuck out-of-town on an extended road trip and playing catch-up on the phone with my (then) 15 year old daughter. She asked me if I believed in magic, real magic. Like palm readers and fortune tellers and the sort. I felt as if she was asking me, "Is Santa Claus real?"

I fumbled around with a non-answer before bursting out laughing as a van drove by me with a vivid painted panel that read: "Madam Fortune, Palm Reader"

For what it's worth, I used to do magic, professionally. (Think "David Copperfield Wanna-be.") I also worked in radio, on-air and selling ads. One of my clients was a palm reader. She was as hokey as they come. Beaded curtains, faux marble plastic pillars, black, permed ringlets to her hair, gold chains, etc. The first day I met with her, she asked me a very fake and very thick Roma accent, "Do you believe in magic?" I laughed. I couldn't help myself. And I told her, "Whether I believe or not, I've done it professionally for the last eight years. Can we talk about your ad?" From that moment onward, we got along famously.

My stories.

Team PM - Feel free to PM me!

Bucky Duckman's Blog - musing & thoughts about writing, erotica, & life!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #9
Zeb_Carter
I said Bud Light...

Quote:
As long as they don't fight each other for your attention...
No, none of them show up at the same time. They take turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTarot View Post
We have a poodle haunting our house. The first owner had poodles and I think one of them stayed behind.

We have three small dogs. I'll let three little dogs out. I open the door and three little dogs come running in. Then in a few minutes I hear barking on the back porch, one of mine is still outside.

Felt a dog jump up in the bed and lay down next to me one night. I told her to get under the blanket go to sleep.

and my wife in the computer room called out

"All the girls are in here."

See, now that's scary. At least I know my ghosts and they listen when I tell them to do something.

Last edited by Zeb_Carter : 03-14-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #10
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

No, I never, except after taking jimson weed (datura) and entering an alternate reality.

Big Banana (incest-SF) - "you had too much sex with your banana slug. as a writer you SUCK. delete and stop posting until you learn how to write" -Anon
Story of my Fucking Life (LW) - "change you name from Hypoxia to DOA, you died on acid moron. borrow a gun and do the world a favor. I'll give you 5 stars after you commit suicide." -Anon
What Is Cheating? (essay) - "Rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' BARF! I don't think an editor would help this mess. Was there a point? There certainly didn't seem to be a storyline." -Anon

Halloween: Day of the Fucking Dead, Pumpkin & Candy, A Taste of Spirits
Winter Contest: Gift Box, A Taste of Turkey (Dad), (Mom), (more soon)

Old 03-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #11
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Most of my stories take that on once I start writing. I get a basic idea and next thing you know this happens then that and here comes a character and detail I never thought of.

I'll explain the story to my wife and she'll say "Can't wait to find out what happens next. My answer of Neither can I is not all a joke,

I believe in the Muse and also stated my theory is that subconsciously we already know the whole story and it gets fed to us as we slip into the "zone" and are no longer completely in the conscious world.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #12
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Quote:
Okay.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I dabbled in the occult and got in over my head. There was a seance gone bad and over 20 years later I still have occasional nightmares and once in awhile hear something whispering behind me and can "feel" someone watching me.

For the first few months after it happened every time I opened a door to go into a room or pulled the shower curtain back I was convinced something was going to be there.

I saw a lot of Doctor Daniels back then

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Yes, but I'm not sure "random" is the right word.
Ever watch NCIS ? If you do, you may be familiar with what I call the "Gibbs flick"; a sudden gentle striking on the back of the head. It was during my radio-therapy treatment; no strange drugs, but sat on the sofa watching TV and trying not to let the pain get in the way, I felt the 'flick'.
And you know that magical rainbow thing from Disney, dark blue background and a white/gold arc across the field of vision?
I got that and an idea "I shall fear no pain, for I walk in the footsteps of my God" written across that arc.
It has kept me 'sane' & relatively calm ever since.

Handley Page

"Incident at Cemetery Junction"
"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Oh yeah, that happens all the time but the voices tell me not to talk about it.

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest

Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #15
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Where do you think I get my plots from?

I blame my Muses.

Jeanne D'Artois has Martha the Ghost to tell Laundry Tales.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
johneb87
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I just read a book where the plot was exactly that.

My stories
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Travel blog and random musings
http://johneb87.wordpress.com/

My Visual Arts thread
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=952541

Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #17
Edward Teach
Mellow

Quote:
Okay.

Molly, the mind is a dangerous thing.

Awful Stories

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell

The problem with the Cons isnít that they donít know the truth, itís that they donít care about it.-- Me

Old 03-16-2014, 02:07 AM   #18
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

I once was falling asleep, and 'saw' a perfectly ordinary room, sunlit and peaceful, and hear a door close. Not a slam or a bang, just a nice, solid "K-chunk." I sat up in total terror. It took me a long time to get back to sleep, I kept remembering hearing that door close and would be terrified all over again.

I've often thought about it since-- the way our neurons can misfire sometimes.

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #19
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.

Thirty years ago I bought a copy of FROGS INTO PRINCES by Bandler & Grinder, then devoured all their books (THE STRUCTURE OF MAGIC is an excellent writing tutorial), collected every book and article about Milton Erickson MD, Virginia Satir, and others, and learned to do hypnosis and what we call influencing with integrity. By that I mean, if my shift replacement is habitually late I quietly re-direct them without quarrels and collision.

I also learned how to increase my sensitivity several orders of magnitude, and use micro-responses in my fingers to decode interactions with others. And plenty of what I harvest is bizarre but accurate. It takes a while to trust the info, tho.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #20
MrFoxwood
Really Experienced

Once, very briefly, I was absolutely certain that as time progressed we grew younger. This wasn't some odd realisation, it appeared as a fact while I thought about other things, and following that brief bit of nonsense I spent a considerable time wondering why I'd thought it. I had been on the gin though.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #21
Dianthus
Snow Princess

Quote:
Of course.

If I only had my own thoughts, I'd never get anywhere. Those 'other' thoughts are usually the catalyst for something.

ďYou always own the option of having no opinion.
There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control.
These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.Ē ~ Marcus Aurelius

How well do you know me? Click here and tell me what you see.

My Stories

Old 03-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #22
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Molly, the mind is a dangerous thing.
I know, doll. It's one of the things I love about you.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

I love the amount of conversation this sparked.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #24
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I love the amount of conversation this sparked.
Molly, it is damned good to see you back.

Handley Page

"Incident at Cemetery Junction"
"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 03-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #25
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Molly, it is damned good to see you back.
Am I back? Did I leave? Am I me?

I'm so confused now.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999