Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
71 DEGREES INT HE OFFICE WHEN i GOT HERE THIS MORNING!!!

Didn't mean for that to be in caps, but too late now ;)

And then they stole punching bag night from me. I am seriously contemplating complaining to a manager about this when I go back tomorrow or Sunday. It's the one thing I look forward to all week.

And we have... more snow.

ETA: Also, last night I got out a new skein of yarn to crochet with. I found three ends. This is puzzling.

Last edited:
And we have... more snow.

ETA: Also, last night I got out a new skein of yarn to crochet with. I found three ends. This is puzzling.

Have you been at the sauce again ?
OR
Have you thought about contacting the suppliers?
:)

Have you been at the sauce again ?
OR
Have you thought about contacting the suppliers?
:)

No, it's definitely snowing. Mr. Penn and the PennKids saw the snow, too. ;)

As for the yarn, it's certainly usable. It's just odd. Usually with yarn there are two ends, one you pull from the inside and then the end on the outside. All three ends I found were on the outside, none pulled from the inside. It's odd.

No, it's definitely snowing. Mr. Penn and the PennKids saw the snow, too. ;)

As for the yarn, it's certainly usable. It's just odd. Usually with yarn there are two ends, one you pull from the inside and then the end on the outside. All three ends I found were on the outside, none pulled from the inside. It's odd.

So far, we are in a snow-free area: cold, but snow free.

I wonder where the end that's supposed to be inside is, then ?

So far, we are in a snow-free area: cold, but snow free.

I wonder where the end that's supposed to be inside is, then ?

We got something like 8 inches, and heavy wet damn stuff, too. Mr Penn shoveled most of the driveway. I helped, but damn. The plows had been though and so the stuff piled up at the end of the driveway about four feet out.

I have yet to find the end of the yarn that pulls from the inside. But why are there three ends on the *outside*?

We got something like 8 inches, and heavy wet damn stuff, too. Mr Penn shoveled most of the driveway. I helped, but damn. The plows had been though and so the stuff piled up at the end of the driveway about four feet out.

I have yet to find the end of the yarn that pulls from the inside. But why are there three ends on the *outside*?

The last time we had sufficient snow requiring the snowplough, the piles of stuff cleared from the road caused all the driveways to be blocked. It took ages to shift!

You'll have to re-wind that skein and check the end/s. . .
[a loose thread, perhaps ?]

The last time we had sufficient snow requiring the snowplough, the piles of stuff cleared from the road caused all the driveways to be blocked. It took ages to shift!

This has certainly made us want to by a snow blower, but they are expensive and I'm sure the stores are out of them. So we will muddle through with shovels this year, but we need a new one of those too.

You'll have to re-wind that skein and check the end/s. . .
[a loose thread, perhaps ?]

My solution: use another skein of similar color. ;)

Yes I will check. I'm actually pretty curious. All of the ends I've found seem to wind around from the outside, nothing seems to be an errant thread that goes into the skein.

Is it weird to plan to work on my Valentine's Day story during my son's cub scout meeting? I mean, I'm just sitting there for close to an hour and a half, with nothing else to do.

It just feels a little bit weird. :cattail:

But if I don't get going on it, it won't get done!

Is it weird to plan to work on my Valentine's Day story during my son's cub scout meeting? I mean, I'm just sitting there for close to an hour and a half, with nothing else to do.

It just feels a little bit weird. :cattail:

But if I don't get going on it, it won't get done!

LOL, I've been taking my laptop into work to get something done on my chapters. I just make it a point to skip the naughty scenes.

Hooray;
The Mk 2 control board for the gadget seems to work.
And, despite modern science, a modern soldering iron is no cooler that it was.

Hooray;
The Mk 2 control board for the gadget seems to work.
And, despite modern science, a modern soldering iron is no cooler that it was.

Well, unless the composition of the solder has changed, it still melts between 180 and 190 °C (360 and 370 °F). So, the iron has to heat to that point to melt it.

Well, unless the composition of the solder has changed, it still melts between 180 and 190 °C (360 and 370 °F). So, the iron has to heat to that point to melt it.

Well, normally, yes, but Some modern irons tend to only heat up the tip.
Mine does not!
:rose:

Never mind. The scoutmaster has decided the boys should go sledding tonight for the scout meeting. Hmmm ... that sound just like what I want to do, stand around for an hour in the cold so my kid can go sledding at 7pm on a school night. :mad:

Never mind. The scoutmaster has decided the boys should go sledding tonight for the scout meeting. Hmmm ... that sound just like what I want to do, stand around for an hour in the cold so my kid can go sledding at 7pm on a school night. :mad:

True, but then you get the precious home video of the kids going off the jump that they wanted to make just a little bit bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back