Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > GLBT Chatter

View Poll Results: Should Lit add a bisexual story category?
Yes! a Bisexual category for MMF and FFM! 151 59.45%
Yes! TWO categories, one for MMF and one for FFM! 83 32.68%
Naw, Lit is just fine as is. 20 7.87%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #126
fasolati23
Really Experienced

Bi-Sexual

A story about two guys getting it on or two girls getting it on may be portrayed as a bi-sexual story but the absence of the contrast between the person having sex with first one sex and then the other or with both at the same time delivers the story to straight gay masquerading as bi. It comes closer to being the introduction of the person into the gay side of sex.
There has to be a history of hetrosexual activity in order to define the bi-sexual aspect of the person in the story.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #127
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

The Web site is not entertaining the idea of instituting a bi category, and the editor, Laurel, has stated as much in post 150, 216, and 217 of this thread running elsewhere: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...=983570&page=9. So, this thread is pretty dead in terms of any hope of getting a bi category. I guess by not telling you so here and keeping the hope and possibility out there, the Web site can pretend to be interested in user suggestions and requests.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #128
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

I also wonder how this thread can still be active. It started over a year and a half ago, and the idea was greeted with alacrity, but it has gone nowhere since then.

For what it's worth, I think it would be a good idea, but I'm not going to hold my breath until the new cat. starts up.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #129
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Read the referenced posts, Box. They make clear not only that the Web site isn't considering a bisexual category but, specifically, that Laurel didn't tell the originator of this thread that she was considering a bisexual category. It was a nonstarter from the beginning, and the Web site never bothered to clarify that for this thread. This has been a smoke screen containment operation, letting site users think the suggestion was being considered--that their opinions would be given any consideration--and hope that the category would be added. Letting the false impression run was more advantageous than telling the truth (which, of course, is the Web site's right--not to have a bi category).

Old 01-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #130
robertreams
Literotica Guru

Cool bisexual

The focus should be on the story, not the individual preference. How can a story be bisexual unless there are at least three characters?

Eithert way, mmf. mff, there has to be three people and at leas one pussy and one cock.

The only other alternative is that the same sex person could be only in one's mind, still a third "character"

Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #131
robertreams
Literotica Guru

You are as full of shit as Christmas Goose! Obviously you are not bisexual if you think bi and gay are the same thing. I have been bisexual since I can remember. even as a pre-teen i was attracted to both cocks and pussies. Define me as a sex hound, but not as gay. In fact, don't define other people a all, especially if you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #132
robertreams
Literotica Guru

How can anyone want to read a bi-sexual story and not want to read about cocks? What would qualify as bi if it didn't have both sexes in it? Would someone define for me a homophobic bisexual man? I am scratching my head. Now define this: a homophobic bi woman. Me think these homophobes doth protest too much. How could anyone be so hypocritical as to say they want to read a bisexual story, but they don't want to read about cocks? At least try to make sense people.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #133
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Are you directing these comments to any particular post, Robert?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #134
bwb58
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
The Web site is not entertaining the idea of instituting a bi category, and the editor, Laurel, has stated as much in post 150, 216, and 217 of this thread running elsewhere: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...=983570&page=9. So, this thread is pretty dead in terms of any hope of getting a bi category. I guess by not telling you so here and keeping the hope and possibility out there, the Web site can pretend to be interested in user suggestions and requests.
Someone had to pin the damn thread. Us commoners can't pin a thred.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #135
m2m
Looking for a dream

BWB hit it on the head. Someone pinned it....why?

Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #136
gustavca
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by light67 View Post
My opinion is yes to a bi category, but just one for both. Thank you for being interested in our opinion.
I agree with having only one category. But it should be a requirement that authors state the 'bisexuality' by having in description like: 'Mildred and her husband both get it on with other men' or 'Sylvia discovers her attraction to women when she joins her boyfriend and his female lover.'

Old 03-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #137
larrycando
Really Really Experienced

There are plenty of forums for bi sex.... not sure why we don't have a section here for it, but it is what it is.

bisexual dot com is a pretty busy site.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #138
Samuelx
Literotica Guru

Well that appeals to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #139
Queen_Vicki
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertreams View Post
How can anyone want to read a bi-sexual story and not want to read about cocks? What would qualify as bi if it didn't have both sexes in it? Would someone define for me a homophobic bisexual man? I am scratching my head. Now define this: a homophobic bi woman. Me think these homophobes doth protest too much. How could anyone be so hypocritical as to say they want to read a bisexual story, but they don't want to read about cocks? At least try to make sense people.
Those who want to read about cocks can read them in the gay section

Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #140
jomar
chillin

Laurel and Manu hired me as a highly paid consultant to look into this. After many meetings and focus groups in the Caribbean, Maldives and other relevant locations the recommendation is to have a pilot program. Set up a single bi category and see if authors naturally screen stories with the story description line. If not, pull the plug and we all get ass fucked...win-win!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #141
SkylarFalling

I think a general bisexual category would be useful, for reasons already stated. If we got a set way down of tagging them (like mmf and ffm but probably extended) then you could further divide down by searching tags within the category. Although that is probably rather a load of cooperation to ask for.

I haven't given up on Laurel considering it. I would imagine it is at the bottom of the list, after all the practical crap that *needs* doing to this website, but there regardless. And rewiring a website takes huuuuuuuge quantities of time! Especially for a site as ancient as this...

Although another option could be abolishing categories completely (bar media types) and working solely with tags. Similar to tumblr and 8tracks. Might work better. That way you could search for combinations of tags.
Promiscuous Boy/We're one in the same/So we don't gotta play games no more

Ok, so if you send me a detailed PM about what you're gonna do to me and how many times I'm gonna orgasm and how I'm gonna beg you, I probably won't reply. Send me a PM if you have something to say, y'know, an actual topic of conversation. Dirty PMs with someone I know nothing about don't do anything for me.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #142
Sedona1972
Experienced

So the question I have is what defines a Bi person. Bi sex? is it merely about threesomes? Some mostly straight people have 3somes. I am Bi even when I have sex with only one person. To me it is in part about liking someone and getting turned on by someone and their gender is not the most important thing about them.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #143
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedona1972 View Post
So the question I have is what defines a Bi person. Bi sex? is it merely about threesomes? Some mostly straight people have 3somes. I am Bi even when I have sex with only one person. To me it is in part about liking someone and getting turned on by someone and their gender is not the most important thing about them.
I don't think bi has any necessary connection with threesomes. It's being attracted sexually to both genders. Has anyone suggested that it's about threesomes?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #144
Queen_Vicki
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedona1972 View Post
I can understand why it's difficult for the owners of this site to get a bisexual section. Just think about it for a second. What will consist of these bisexual stories? How will the characters will be portrayed, how will they act out the sex scenes,& who will they act it out with? If you have a story of a bisexual man, that claims he's bisexual, but will ONLY have sex and fall in love with a man in a story, then that story should be put in the gay section because NO woman was involved in any way, shape for form. And the same can be said for the opposite.

Like I said, there is no point in getting a bisexual section, since stories I have read tend to be one sided, and does not own up to the true definition of bisexuality. And besides, it's over a year,and I am guessing the owners have good enough senses to know that a bi section will not work,& will be a waste of their money.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #145
marniexxx
Virgin

If this is a poll....

I vote for f/f

My favorite category..

http://www.amazon.com/Biting-Peach-e...dp/B00MWFC68U;)

Old 09-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #146
John Doe
Justified Snob

Location: A barred-spiral galaxy in the Siphius/Draco border territory
It seems to me that that since the introduction of the tag system such an action would be largely redundant.

"The healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers." -- Carl Jung

One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.[...] --Emily Dickinson

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." -- Albert Einstein

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #147
susurrus
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
It seems to me that that since the introduction of the tag system such an action would be largely redundant.
That would be true if the tag system was being used properly. Too many writers don't understand how the tags are supposed to work, and therefore, many tags that have been added to some stories don't describe the action contained within.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #148
J1biboi
Really Experienced

Yes, definitely. I love bisex stories!!

Old 11-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #149
larrycando

To discount the will of the forum members about their desire for a Bi-sex section shows how closed minded people are who are supposed to be open minded. It is attitudes like this that keeps the trollers here and the open minded people going to other forums.

It can't take much to open a new category and let the content find it.

One other thing, if you don't like Bi-sex, simply don't open the section.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #150
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vicki View Post
I can understand why it's difficult for the owners of this site to get a bisexual section. Just think about it for a second.
I don't see the problem at all in instituting two bi sections: FFM and MMF, which, I think would take care of most stories. There are, what, over twenty straight categories on Literotica? What other than prejudice couldn't let bis have two categories?

But, as noted months ago, Laurel stated on the Story Feedback forum (not brave enough to state it here, I guess), that she isn't considering instituting anything for bi and never did--that, in fact, she didn't give permission to have this thread at all (not that that she said anything about that on this thread).