Climate continues to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrodeau

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Posts
78,588
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJJtS_WDmI

No relief for Earth's warming trend in 2013, studies find
BY IRENE KLOTZ
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01pm EST

(Reuters) - The average temperature of Earth maintained its warming trend in 2013, despite seasonal and regional variations that included a shrinking ice cap in the Arctic and a massively growing one in the southern hemisphere, U.S. scientists said on Tuesday.

NASA said the planet's average temperature in 2013 was 58.3 degrees Fahrenheit (14.6 degrees Celsius), tying 2006 and 2009 for the seventh warmest year since 1880 when global climate record-keeping began.

Using the same data but different analysis processes, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said 2013's average temperature was 58.12 degrees Fahrenheit, which tied what NOAA considers to be the fourth hottest year on record.

The agencies differ in their analysis techniques. NASA for example uses more temperatures from Antarctica, but said the overall trend remains what has been measured every year since 1976 when global temperatures first surpassed the 20th Century's global average of 57 degrees Fahrenheit (13.9 degrees Celsius).

"The patterns of temperature change are very similar across the different analyses, but rankings and the exact numerical value are a function of some of the small differences that we have in the processing," Gavin Schmidt, deputy director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, told reporters on a conference call.

Global temperatures began climbing in the late 1960s, a phenomenon that has been tied to heat-trapping greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere.

NASA, or the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, said the amount of carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere is higher now than at any other time in the last 800,000 years.

Carbon dioxide levels were about 285 parts per million in 1880, the first year in the global temperature record. By 1960, levels reached 315 parts per million. In 2013, the amount of carbon dioxide peaked at more than 400 parts per million.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/21/us-science-climate-idUSBREA0K1TM20140121
 
Funny, there was just a report that it hasn't been warming for a number of years. Which report is true? :confused:

Of course, climates change. They are always changing.

If you're saying man made global warming is truly an issue, why have liberals and the global establishment politicized it? They had to know they would not get cooperation if they politicized it. The minute Al Whore chose to politicize the subject, he knew any consensus would disappear. The fact that the liberal establishment made this a political issue was proof to me its not real.

And when did population growth in the third world stop being the biggest threat to the world environment? Its interesting how these folks pick and chose what they declare the biggest environmental threat based on their own political agenda. It seems that global warming is simply an excuse for more globalist laws and regulations. Even if its true, and is being caused by people, and is a grave threat, we have even bigger threats to the world environment that these same folks don't give a rat's ass about.

As a lifelong radical environmentalist myself, their emphasis on global warming is laughable. We need to reduce human population by 90% if we really want to "save the planet" and obviously this crowd would never agree with that. Basically the planet is doomed anyway, so who gives a toss about the world regime blathering about global warming. Party on and don't worry about it.
 
We know this data is false. 2006 and 2009 hottest on record?! Everybody knows 98 was the hottest on record and has never been topped!

and yet, no one seems to care

Actually it's one of peoples biggest concerns and with good reason. It's only Conservatives that it's magically not an issue.
 
We know this data is false. 2006 and 2009 hottest on record?! Everybody knows 98 was the hottest on record and has never been topped!



Actually it's one of peoples biggest concerns and with good reason. It's only Conservatives that it's magically not an issue.

actually...

" The Pew Research Center finds that 69 percent of Americans believe that there is solid evidence of global warming. This is lower than the 79 percent that embraced this view in 2006, but it is higher than the 57 percent that embraced it in 2009. And while 41 percent thought it was a very serious problem and 33 percent thought it was a somewhat serious problem in 2006, the share has drifted down to 33 percent for very serious and 32 percent for somewhat serious. "
 
We know this data is false. 2006 and 2009 hottest on record?! Everybody knows 98 was the hottest on record and has never been topped!



Actually it's one of peoples biggest concerns and with good reason. It's only Conservatives that it's magically not an issue.
It says that 2006 and 2009 were the seventh warmest years, tied with 2013.

Different methods yield different results, but the top hottest years are all recent. This chart is from April 2011.

table1.png
 
I hope this is sarcasm.


Why would you assume that?

It's a fact that the only constant in the biosphere of the earth is change. Sahara used to be a rain forrest and we've had several periods where half the planet was frozen in ice ages. Species, and sometimes entire classes, of animals and plants have come and gone. It's how nature works...

Baby-dinosaurs-cop_2117742b.jpg
 
"Animal species come and go. It's not our doing."

I'm not assuming, I was just hoping you weren't that stupid.
 
"Animal species come and go. It's not our doing."

I'm not assuming, I was just hoping you weren't that stupid.

You consider me stupid for my skepticism regarding global warming?

Hey, I like penguins as much as the next guy. But if they can't keep up with the planetary environmental changes that are bound to happen whether we like it or not, they will cease to exist as a wild species eventually.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top