Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Christmas disappearing from the public sphere

The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army

It is not a war. Men and women just no longer believe in fairy tales. Why does that frighten you?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyNextDoor2010 View Post
It is not a war. Men and women just no longer believe in fairy tales. Why does that frighten you?
Why does Christmas frighten you?
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
BoyNextDoor

It doesn't.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

What does decorating have to do with Christmas?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
BoyNextDoor

There is no list.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.
Don't buy into that bullshit. As long as they can be commercialized and marketed around, those holidays aren't going anywhere.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Lorilei
Carpe Fucking Diem

Sure.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert

Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.
Report to the Re-Education Center immediately.

(In your case, that would be "GED Night School.")

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Skiddles2014
Just a guy on a buffalo

There's no war, if there is, nobody has shot at me for having a christmas tree up...yet. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
Robert_Mugabe
Virgin

Quote:

Nah, you overcomplicate things. Jews and Muslims are just jealous that they didn't get presents when they were kids and want to get even with Christians.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru

I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
BoyNextDoor

They don't like it when you know their mythology better than they do.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #16
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_c00000 View Post
I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.
Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyNextDoor2010 View Post
They don't like it when you know their mythology better than they do.
Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.

- George Washington

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.
Again "renard" you clearly do care about Christianity and tossing out all other religion or non-religion. Now I know you're just a piece of shit troll but do me a favor and google "Cockefeller Center". Guess what you'll see? A giant fucking Christmas tree!

You really are a piece of shit. Also you just got owned.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
warrior queen
wet

Quote:
Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.
The festivals themselves go back a hell of a long way before Christianity.
It doesn't really matter what you call them, just as it really doesn't matter if you celebrate behind closed doors or in the open....
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
- unknown

Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #20
pointless
¿por qué no?

really, we should just go back to the original way we celebrated xmas by getting completely fucked up and tearing shit up. it's what jesus would want.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #21
Joeybagadonuts
Literotica Guru

Quote:
The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.
It's Obama's fault

If I don't respond to your post, don’t take it personally. I probably just find you to be irrelevant and have put you on ignore.

Guys, no matter how smart you are, how big your cock is, how much money you have or how tough you are, there is always someone smarter, tougher, richer and more well endowed.

~ Lao Tsu~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmM2qXDS9wc

Carlos Santana/Mahavishnu John McLaughlin - The Life Divine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTmdp0KYUpY

Pharoah Sanders- Upper Egypt

Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #22
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.

I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESBJOHNSON View Post
I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.

Well if you read an article then it's confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESBJOHNSON View Post
Looks like Obama is headed for defeat Tuesday. Evangelicals are expected to come out in droves (they stayed home when McCain ran) and clean Obamas clock. So how bad will it be for the head nigga in charge?

I expect 300+ electoral votes for Romney.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #24
Liar
now with 17% more class

Commerce is diluding it, by pushing the start of christmas shopping, and with it the barrage of trees and stars and elfs and whatnot, further and further towards midsummer. By the end of December everyone is fatigued.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
BobDownSouth
30 years ago this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Well if you read an article then it's confirmed.
If it's on teh Internets, it must be true.

#VetteLogic
#TwoBillionDollarsADay!
#INeverSaidThatINeverCommentedOnThatIMerelyPassedItAlong