Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
Christmas disappearing from the public sphere

The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Right where I should be
Posts: 4,756
It is not a war. Men and women just no longer believe in fairy tales. Why does that frighten you?
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyNextDoor2010 View Post
It is not a war. Men and women just no longer believe in fairy tales. Why does that frighten you?
Why does Christmas frighten you?
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Right where I should be
Posts: 4,756
It doesn't.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 44,345
What does decorating have to do with Christmas?
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Right where I should be
Posts: 4,756
There is no list.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 44,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.
Don't buy into that bullshit. As long as they can be commercialized and marketed around, those holidays aren't going anywhere.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Lorilei
Carpe Fucking Diem
 
Lorilei's Avatar
 
Lorilei is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jawja
Posts: 23,999
Sure.
__________________
"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet." ~ Gandhi

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 27,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.
Report to the Re-Education Center immediately.

(In your case, that would be "GED Night School.")
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Skiddles2014
Just a guy on a buffalo
 
Skiddles2014's Avatar
 
Skiddles2014 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,737
There's no war, if there is, nobody has shot at me for having a christmas tree up...yet. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
Robert_Mugabe
Virgin
 
Robert_Mugabe is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.
Nah, you overcomplicate things. Jews and Muslims are just jealous that they didn't get presents when they were kids and want to get even with Christians.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru
 
dan_c00000 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,088
I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Right where I should be
Posts: 4,756
They don't like it when you know their mythology better than they do.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #16
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_c00000 View Post
I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.
Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom
 
renard_ruse's Avatar
 
renard_ruse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyNextDoor2010 View Post
They don't like it when you know their mythology better than they do.
Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.
__________________
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru
 
dan_c00000 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.
Again "renard" you clearly do care about Christianity and tossing out all other religion or non-religion. Now I know you're just a piece of shit troll but do me a favor and google "Cockefeller Center". Guess what you'll see? A giant fucking Christmas tree!

You really are a piece of shit. Also you just got owned.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
warrior queen
wet
 
warrior queen's Avatar
 
warrior queen is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: upside down
Posts: 28,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.
The festivals themselves go back a hell of a long way before Christianity.
It doesn't really matter what you call them, just as it really doesn't matter if you celebrate behind closed doors or in the open....
__________________
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
- unknown
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #20
pointless
¿por qué no?
 
pointless's Avatar
 
pointless is offline
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: typo city
Posts: 42,531
really, we should just go back to the original way we celebrated xmas by getting completely fucked up and tearing shit up. it's what jesus would want.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #21
Joeybagadonuts
Literotica Guru
 
Joeybagadonuts's Avatar
 
Joeybagadonuts is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: where logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
Posts: 8,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse View Post
The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.
It's Obama's fault
__________________
(dangling participles all over town)

If I don't respond to your post, don’t take it personally. I probably just find you to be irrelevant and have put you on ignore.

*****************************************************
Guys, no matter how smart you are, how big your cock is, how much money you have or how tough you are, there is always someone smarter, tougher, richer and more well endowed.

~ Lao Tsu~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmM2qXDS9wc

Carlos Santana/Mahavishnu John McLaughlin - The Life Divine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTmdp0KYUpY

Pharoah Sanders- Upper Egypt
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #22
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.
 
JAMESBJOHNSON's Avatar
 
JAMESBJOHNSON is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 44,653
I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.
__________________
Never show up at a gun fight with just a fat ass and big mouth.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESBJOHNSON View Post
I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.

Well if you read an article then it's confirmed.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESBJOHNSON View Post
Looks like Obama is headed for defeat Tuesday. Evangelicals are expected to come out in droves (they stayed home when McCain ran) and clean Obamas clock. So how bad will it be for the head nigga in charge?

I expect 300+ electoral votes for Romney.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #24
Liar
now with 17% more class
 
Liar's Avatar
 
Liar is online now
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 8th floor
Posts: 37,661
Commerce is diluding it, by pushing the start of christmas shopping, and with it the barrage of trees and stars and elfs and whatnot, further and further towards midsummer. By the end of December everyone is fatigued.
__________________
stuf...mor stuf
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
BobDownSouth
30 years ago this week
 
BobDownSouth's Avatar
 
BobDownSouth is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Well if you read an article then it's confirmed.
If it's on teh Internets, it must be true.

#VetteLogic
#TwoBillionDollarsADay!
#INeverSaidThatINeverCommentedOnThatIMerelyPassedItAlong
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.