Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Obama defends "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson

Breaking news. Woah.

Unfuckingtiabtnsselieveable.
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,239
wow.

If he is then I have to give him props for it because that whole thing is just ridiculous.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
FGB
Literotica Guru
 
FGB's Avatar
 
FGB is offline
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lufkin Texas
Posts: 726
Thats it!

Piss on the fire and call the dogs!

This hunting trip is done.
__________________
Trouble? I AM Trouble!

Relax I am fgarvb1. Click the safety back on!


There are many systems of philosophy and political life which try to base law and all human relationships upon the nature of man. Man is made the measure of all things. All such systems, whether communism or humanism, or socialism, are doomed to fail because of one fatal flaw: they do not recognize the sinful, self-centered nature of man.
They ignore God and deify man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Wow. Wow. Wow.
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Congrats, FGB and lovecraft68: you failed the test.

Just goes to prove: some people will believe anything you post, as long as it's what they want to see.

Had this been something pro-Liberal, I would've gotten: "Source?"

LOL!
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
LJ_Reloaded
バクスター の 下流人
 
LJ_Reloaded's Avatar
 
LJ_Reloaded is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Honey Badger Don't Care!
Posts: 13,432
Are you shitting me...?
__________________
I fear nothing on four legs, and damned sure nothing on two. So don't even bother threatening me with violence; there's no way you can deliver. Unless you want to bore me to death.

So spare me your threats, dumbass. You ain't gonna deliver nobody's country ass whuppin'. You ain't gonna confront me in a dark alley. If you see me, the only thing you're going to do is mumble in anger and stomp off in a huff.






  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
BoyNextDoor
One Man Seven Nation Army
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Right where I should be
Posts: 4,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ_Reloaded View Post
Are you shitting me...?
Quoted. Just 'cause

LOL
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 10,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryN View Post
Congrats, FGB and lovecraft68: you failed the test.

Just goes to prove: some people will believe anything you post, as long as it's what they want to see.

Had this been something pro-Liberal, I would've gotten: "Source?"

LOL!

The converse of that is also true.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
bronzeage
I am a river to my people
 
bronzeage's Avatar
 
bronzeage is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deep South, USA
Posts: 48,140
I once heard him say, "I disagree with what he said, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

He may have been talking about something else.
__________________
Nina September, now available from Zharmae Press, in paper and ebook

Lesbian Schoolgirl Enema Bondage, Something for everyone.
"Mama help me. I'm looking at a naked blue eyed man." Good clean fun with the Shower Girl.
Security provided by a well armed dancing peanut.

Quote:
Originally posted by LostBaby
My beloved is perfect. He is strong, smart, well read, can & will do anything, tender, and totally adores me. The only thing that could make him better is if he was freak'n wealthy beyond words.
On the floor of a small room near the city wall, they found the source of the many fragments of wisdom this civilization had left the world.http://bronzeageworks.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post
The converse of that is also true.
GB conservatives are far more likely than their liberal counterparts to post or respond to some B.S. that's been debunked by snopes, sent in a chain email, or authored by The Onion as if it were gospel.

Exhibit EEE is this thread.
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 10,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryN View Post
GB conservatives are far more likely than their liberal counterparts to post or respond to some B.S. that's been debunked by snopes, sent in a chain email, or authored by The Onion as if it were gospel.

Exhibit EEE is this thread.
I think everybody likes to sing in the choir.

The problem with liberal ideas is they can never be completely debunked because the liberal industrial complex rapidly cranks out vacous "publish or perish) papers everyday supporting their positions.

Near is I can tell every liberal counterargument too conservative position is "cite?" And assuming that one is dumb enough to actually provide them with someone else's logical words printed on paper or housed online they always don't denigrate the source. Never the substance of the argument, just "prove it" by the incidence of concurrance to your point of view not the soundness of the position itself.

To shore up a liberal argument, any place on the internet with a pundit writing words that support their position is considered proof.

As I see it just depends on what side of the glass that you're throwing rocks from. All pretty pointless nearest I can tell I haven't seen anybody persuaded on anything ever on this board.

So either the Liberals really are always right. Or the Conservatives are always right or from time to time they're both wrong.

Last edited by query : 12-23-2013 at 09:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is online now
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 27,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post
The problem with liberal ideas is they can never be completely debunked because the liberal industrial complex rapidly cranks out papers everyday supporting their positions.
Have you never heard of the Heritage Foundation, Cato Institute, etc., etc.?
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 10,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
Have you never heard of the Heritage Foundation, Cato Institute, etc., etc.?
My point EXACTLY. Tell me that you're going to believe one word regardless of how scholarly the paper is from those particular organizations because they are self-admitedly conservatively driven and funded.

On the other hand point to a single instance where you disbelieve a liberal position they came out of any of the many state indocrination centers known as major universities?

And do you really believe that the Heritage in Kato foundations can possibly keep up with the sheer volume of ignorance?

Just because there are a handful of conservative think tanks out there, It's absolutely silly to suggest that the vast volume of the crap you cite doesn't come from hard left wing ideologues.

Last edited by query : 12-23-2013 at 09:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post
Near is I can tell every liberal counterargument too conservative position is "cite?" And assuming that one is dumb enough to actually provide them with someone else's logical words printed on paper or housed online they always don't denigrate the source. Never the substance of the argument, just "prove it" by the incidence of concurrance to your point of view not the soundness of the position itself.
"Cite" is a request for proof of a source - any source. It's a logical first step towards responding with a reasonable debate. Any one worth their salt either offers the source up front, or is ready to provide it at a drop of a hat.

You are attempting to be a bullshit artist. Not bad, but still transparent.
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
BobDownSouth
Laurel's Secret Favorite
 
BobDownSouth's Avatar
 
BobDownSouth is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryN View Post
"Cite" is a request for proof of a source - any source. It's a logical first step towards responding with a reasonable debate. Any one worth their salt either offers the source up front, or is ready to provide it at a drop of a hat.

You are attempting to be a bullshit artist. Not bad, but still transparent.
You're gonna get considerable push back from Query Dearie, s/he likes to make lotsa grandiose claims but very very few of 'em seem to be grounded in the reality-based world.

S/he seems to be enamored with The Way Things Ought To Be™.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Rand
A man who claims to defend rights and objects to the right to have abortions? That's no defender of rights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Rand

Native Americans? I do not think that they have any right to live in a country merely because they were born here...they act and live like savages
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
RoryN
In Dog we trust
 
RoryN's Avatar
 
RoryN is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 36,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth View Post
You're gonna get considerable push back from Query Dearie, s/he likes to make lotsa grandiose claims but very very few of 'em seem to be grounded in the reality-based world.
It's the "say a ton, little substance" neo-Con approach.

They come and go around here. It'll get bored eventually.
__________________
"Rory is not a racist. You call him a racist because that is the label which causes you so much grief.
You are a racist and try to mask it as intellectualism." - Bronzeage
"You suffered on our behalf in order to expose a truly pompous ass. Thank you." - The_Trouvere
"And no one but Rory puts up a red flag? You people are fucking idiots." - WingedKiss
"They all have you on ignore for telling the truth..." - Peregrinator
"Fuck you, `Rory'...Fucking FAGGOT, FAGGOT, FAGGOT..." - renard_ruse
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!
 
RjThoughts's Avatar
 
RjThoughts is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York state
Posts: 22,743
People that are criticizing Phil are doing so because of the MESSAGE, not saying he didn't have the RIGHT to be a hiding-behind-the-Bible homophobic racist.

The First Amendment gives him the right to be an asshole.
It does not guarantee him from criticism or being suspended from a television network.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Ulaven_Demorte
Non-Prophet Organization
 
Ulaven_Demorte's Avatar
 
Ulaven_Demorte is offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Altered State
Posts: 26,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
People that are criticizing Phil are doing so because of the MESSAGE, not saying he didn't have the RIGHT to be a hiding-behind-the-Bible homophobic racist.

The First Amendment gives him the right to be an asshole.
It does not guarantee him from criticism or being suspended from a television network.
Exactly what many (including me) have been saying all along.

You can say (just about) anything you want. Fire in a crowded theater and the like excepted. You have that freedom, and the rest of us have the freedom to call you a bigoted asshole for it. If it reflects badly on your employer, they have the freedom to fire your ass if they want for splattering their image with your ignorant bullshit.
__________________
Men are expendable; women and children are not. A tribe or a nation can lose a high percentage of its men and still pick up the pieces and go on… as long as the women and children are saved. But if you fail to save the women and children, you've had it, you're done, you're through! You join Tyrannosaurus Rex, one more breed that bilged its final test. - Robert Heinlein, "The Pragmatics of Patriotism"

"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The graveyard of ambition
Posts: 13,441
It's a good thing he didn't say something mean about abortion.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
ZiggyTheHutt
Really Experienced
 
ZiggyTheHutt is offline
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ziggy's Palace
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
People that are criticizing Phil are doing so because of the MESSAGE, not saying he didn't have the RIGHT to be a hiding-behind-the-Bible homophobic racist.

The First Amendment gives him the right to be an asshole.
It does not guarantee him from criticism or being suspended from a television network.
Good lord. Your internets username is quite apt indeed.

*bows courteously*

I tried to explain that very thing and I used approximately 1,000 more words than you did to accomplish the same in a far messier way.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.