Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
annanova
Green-Eyed Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetWitch View Post
Nah, she's just reminding us who's in charge.
She tends to do that from time to time.

Have you heard from your cousin?

my stories

Old 11-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #27
PayDay
unlabelable

lol @ in charge.

This is not a disaster. This isn't worth the conversation.

Feels like hurricane Sandy.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION & LACKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
What we know is not everything to know: Therefore, what we know is potentially nothing at all. 6 4 5 1
There is space available on the middle ground. Extras by Request. (2)
The Lost Story ... 08@ (probable cause )

Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

All tornadoes are from Hell. Some earthquakes are simply amusing but not tornadoes.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

"Soldiers are citizens of Death's grey land, drawing no dividends from time's tomorrow. They deposit their life blood, their hopes and aspirations into the cauldron of war so that others might draw on that exchange and have lives they could only dream of having."--Siegfried Sassoon

Old 11-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary_manque View Post
All tornadoes are from Hell. Some earthquakes are simply amusing but not tornadoes.
I always knew that England was a Good Place; we do not have many tornadoes (thankfully).

Handley Page

"Incident at Cemetery Junction"
"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Life under these threats is scary (I had a cousin in Oklahoma tossed around in a mobile home in one of these once--crippled for life and lost a baby). If I was determined to stick it out in the Midwest, I'd be looking carefully into underground houses.

"although I may come across here as somewhat abrasive at times I respect people's efforts and take feelings into consideration." -- Lovecraft68

Last edited by sr71plt : 11-20-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Same here. Frank Lloyd Wright designed some 'berm houses' that were not only supremely energy efficient but amazingly durable in extreme weather, as well.

My stories

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

"Soldiers are citizens of Death's grey land, drawing no dividends from time's tomorrow. They deposit their life blood, their hopes and aspirations into the cauldron of war so that others might draw on that exchange and have lives they could only dream of having."--Siegfried Sassoon

Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #32
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
lol @ in charge.

This is not a disaster. This isn't worth the conversation.

Feels like hurricane Sandy.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION & LACKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Do you live here in the midwest? Did you live through one of our storms? Most hurricanes come with weather warnings well in advance. A tornado--if you're lucky--comes with a siren warning you to duck and cover immediately. When you come out--if you were fast enough to dive for cover--everything you own and have spent a lifetime building is gone. It takes about a minute. There's no lack of personal responsibility unless you wish to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanova View Post
She tends to do that from time to time.

Have you heard from your cousin?
Yes, he and his family are well and safe. No damage for him.

Out now, on eXcessica and in print on Amazon: Shelter From The Storm and Spell of Appalachia.

~~~~

SweetWitch is my best friend in all of LitDom, notwithstanding our CURRENT FEUD, and she can post in any thread of mine any time the mood strikes her.
~Marsh Alien
Welcome to a world of unbridled sensuality, where the only restrictions are from insufficient imagination. A world of fantastic sexual delights and overwhelming passions.
You're about to enter--The Naked Party Zone.
~TE999

Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #33
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Re: PayDay comments.

Quote:
Do you live here in the midwest? Did you live through one of our storms? Most hurricanes come with weather warnings well in advance. A tornado--if you're lucky--comes with a siren warning you to duck and cover immediately. When you come out--if you were fast enough to dive for cover--everything you own and have spent a lifetime building is gone. It takes about a minute. There's no lack of personal responsibility unless you wish to die.
------------

He/She/It is on my ignore list. Some of the most preposterous comments ever seen emerge from that quarter. I'd be banned if I got into an argument with it.

But "Duck & Cover?"
I didn't think you were that old that you'd remember that. [sorry]

Glad the relatives are safe & well.

Handley Page

"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "

Old 11-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
annanova
Green-Eyed Elegance

Quote:
Thank goodness! I'm glad to hear it. *hug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
But "Duck & Cover?"

I remember "duck and cover" drills....

my stories

Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #35
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Re: PayDay comments.

He/She/It is on my ignore list. Some of the most preposterous comments ever seen emerge from that quarter. I'd be banned if I got into an argument with it.

But "Duck & Cover?"

Tonight, doll, I'm old as dirt. My thumb hurts where I cut off the outside portion of it. Makes typing fun, too. My head hurts from the stupid weather and I'm worn out from work--being a shut-in who works from home (man, I love that part of my job), it's not an easy thing to do.

There are very few people here on my iggy list. You have to really irritate me to get on that list. This person is annoying, but he's not important enough to truly irritate. I won't give people that kind of power.

Out now, on eXcessica and in print on Amazon: Shelter From The Storm and Spell of Appalachia.

~~~~

SweetWitch is my best friend in all of LitDom, notwithstanding our CURRENT FEUD, and she can post in any thread of mine any time the mood strikes her.
~Marsh Alien
Welcome to a world of unbridled sensuality, where the only restrictions are from insufficient imagination. A world of fantastic sexual delights and overwhelming passions.
~TE999

Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #36
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanova View Post
Thank goodness! I'm glad to hear it. *hug*

I remember "duck and cover" drills....
Thanks.

Our duck and cover drills in the Midwest are still being done in schools today--but it has nothing to do with bombs. It's about protecting your ass in the case of tornadoes. The drills are done regularly, alongside fire drills.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #37
patientlee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Thanks.

Our duck and cover drills in the Midwest are still being done in schools today--but it has nothing to do with bombs. It's about protecting your ass in the case of tornadoes. The drills are done regularly, alongside fire drills.
We have drills like that. We go in the hallway. My class has the privilege of being the closest one to the glass doors.

Milkweed and Gossamer (First Time)

Almost in the Earth Day (Non-Erotic, not in the contest. This was not supposed to be prophetic. Love to the victims of the Pittsburgh-area school stabbings.)

The Others: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Ours were "get under the desk and hold onto the legs". Then, when the shaking stops, get the Hell out of the building. Being under the desk protected the kids from flying window glass, falling florescent light bulbs, etc. Of course, I taught in a steel box of a bungalow where the ceiling was made of pressed paper. Earthquakes didn't worry me but I made sure the kids knew how to get out the door and both windows in event of fire!

My stories

Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #39
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by patientlee View Post
We have drills like that. We go in the hallway. My class has the privilege of being the closest one to the glass doors.
Oh? What grade are you in?

Quote:
Ours were "get under the desk and hold onto the legs". Then, when the shaking stops, get the Hell out of the building. Being under the desk protected the kids from flying window glass, falling florescent light bulbs, etc. Of course, I taught in a steel box of a bungalow where the ceiling was made of pressed paper. Earthquakes didn't worry me but I made sure the kids knew how to get out the door and both windows in event of fire!
When I was a child, I had one year in a "mobile". These were mobile buildings brought in when the school became over-crowded. The sirens went off one morning and our drill was to get out of the buildings and into the main one for shelter. We lined up and the teacher opened the door. The door disappeared, nearly pulling her out. these were not safe buildings. They were little better than tar-paper shacks on runners. It was too late to go in. We had to ride it out in the mobile. It was scary.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 11-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
patientlee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Oh? What grade are you in?
I'm the oldest kid in high school.

Almost in the Earth Day (Non-Erotic, not in the contest. This was not supposed to be prophetic. Love to the victims of the Pittsburgh-area school stabbings.)

Old 11-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #41
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
I'm the oldest kid in high school.
Pajama party!

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #42
SamScribble
Yeah, still just a guru

I think my eyesight is failing. (Well, yes, I know it is.) But I read the banner as "Tomatoes from hell'. I wasn't sure whether you meant the supermarket ones that look great but taste of nothing, or the narly-looking ones that taste fantastic.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #43
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamScribble View Post
I think my eyesight is failing. (Well, yes, I know it is.) But I read the banner as "Tomatoes from hell'. I wasn't sure whether you meant the supermarket ones that look great but taste of nothing, or the narly-looking ones that taste fantastic.
That same thought had crossed my mind.

Handley Page

"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "

Old 11-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #44
PayDay
unlabelable

Storm is a storm.

Love the level of tolerance.

'No my storms are more dangerous!'

'No mine!'

'No we live in tornado alley and it's always unexpected!'

'nou!'
What we know is not everything to know: Therefore, what we know is potentially nothing at all. 6 4 5 1

Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #45
annanova
Green-Eyed Elegance

Quote:
Thanks.

I think I remember hearing a teacher once relate duck-and-cover to bombs, but forever after when our school did them (for a couple more years), it was said to be because of earthquakes. I never understood how one of those flimsy-ass desks was supposed to protect us from a bomb.

Quote:
Oh. Isn't your class... lucky.... patient, seriously, I hope your class never needs one of those drills.

Quote:
Okay, now getting under the desk makes a bit of sense, at least as far as earthquakes are concerned.

Quote:
Pajama party!
Whoop! We can raid the liquor cabinet(s) here!

my stories

Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #46
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
Storm is a storm.

Love the level of tolerance.

'No my storms are more dangerous!'

'No mine!'

'No we live in tornado alley and it's always unexpected!'

'nou!'
I feel sorry for you, dear. You seem so very unhappy.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 11-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #47
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Glass of something, Molly ?

Handley Page

"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "

Old 11-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #48
SweetWitch
Green Goddess

Quote:
I'm good--but I might take a glass of burgundy when the stew is ready.

~~~~

~Marsh Alien
~TE999

Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #49
patientlee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamScribble View Post
That sounds like a really terrible movie. I hate tomatoes.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #50
PayDay
unlabelable

Quote:
Then stop polluting my atmosphere?

...+ It's always funny how they are always sorry.

Also, If you consider that unhappy, what would you think I consider depressed if I was laughing while I typed it?

Why don't you explain to me how that entire weather front moved backwards and split @ Windsor and Chatham?

Natural phenom? Wut? Because Lake Effects moves in the opposite direction with the front.

Anyone actually see the funnel?