Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #18276
DeepGreenEyes
Water you doing?

College football is only days away! And then college hoops is right behind it!

*commences eight month tailgate*

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #18277
DeepGreenEyes
Water you doing?

Excellent interview. Don't know if it'll move to the next stage, but damn, I was good.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #18278
Keroin
aKwatic

Leaving for Worldcon on the first leg of my trip in 30 minutes AND the proof copy of the new book just arrived at my door! YAHOOOOO!

Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #18279
DeepGreenEyes
Water you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Leaving for Worldcon on the first leg of my trip in 30 minutes AND the proof copy of the new book just arrived at my door! YAHOOOOO!
Congrats on the new book!!! Enjoy - San Antonio is such a cool town. If you have time, have a drink in the cool old Menger Hotel bar, where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders. I am also a diorama nerd, and the one in the Alamo visitors center is lustworthy.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : 08-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #18280
midwestyankee
Master of Maintenance Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
Congrats on the new book!!! Enjoy - San Antonio is such a cool town. If you have time, have a drink in the cool old Menger Hotel bar, where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders. I am also a diorama nerd, and the one in the Alamo visitors center is lustworthy.
I can second the suggestion to have a drink at the Menger. Have done so myself and it's a quite a cool old room.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #18281
LadiLucki7
Literotica Guru

A conversation with my bff today. We always give each other the best advice that neither one of us actually use ourselves

Old 08-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #18282
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #18283
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Hearing The Boy describe Plato as "really interesting". Seeing him geekgasm when talking about the software for his digital imaging class. Finding out he's being social (in his own way), and actually showing up for events & mixers before commuting home. Talking about options re: college related decisions, and watching him make (relatively) mature decisions about his future.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #18284
Loverskitten
I bite

Add to cart! Lol

http://www.businessinsider.com/comme...zon-art-2013-8

Old 08-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #18285
midwestyankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverskitten View Post
This was great. I saw some other comments on the same category at Amazon that were also hilarious. My favorite was the one that asked why one should be expected to pay over $1 million for a painting that was in French.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #18286
Ropebunny
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieMouse View Post
Hearing The Boy describe Plato as "really interesting". Seeing him geekgasm when talking about the software for his digital imaging class. Finding out he's being social (in his own way), and actually showing up for events & mixers before commuting home. Talking about options re: college related decisions, and watching him make (relatively) mature decisions about his future.
I love these moments. There is nothing quite like the feeling of watching your child progressing. Makes all the angst worthwhile.
'And a few days later twelve of the eggs hatched out, but the thirteenth egg was no good. To this day I've wondered whether it was the same one that was always showing, and whether that was the one that was no good. My brother said that the hen knew it was no good and didn't bother to keep it warm. He may have been right. Children are rather like hens. They know things that men and women don't know, but when they grow up they forget them.' A Hen and some Eggs ~ Frank Sargeson.

I want to know everything
I want to be everywhere
I want to fuck everyone in the world
I want to do something that matters
~
I do not want this
Nine Inch Nails

Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 AM   #18287
seela
רעד מיט מיר

I ran into my old highschool teacher yesterday. I hadn't seen him in 10 years, but he remembered me! It was cool, because he was one of my favorite people ever. Now that I think of it, I've really been spoiled with awesome teachers.

-Edith Södergran: Wandering clouds

Old 08-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #18288
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

From Deadspin:
Our friends at Drunk Jays Fans have unearthed an arrest report written by a Toronto police officer about a fan who ran onto the field at a Blue Jays game on May 5. It is perhaps the best arrest report ever written.

It reads:
On May 5, 2013 at approximately 3:18 PM the Toronto Blue jays were surprisingly winning against the underrated Seattle Marriners. Our hapless Jays limped along to the bottom of the 8th inning. At one point, the Jays were considered World Series contenders. One can almost forgive the accused for his below described actions.

Luckily, the accused ran onto the field from level 100 and wasn’t forced to jump from the 500 level out of sheer frustration.

In any event, the accused before the court, Joseph [Redacted], in what can only be described as an attempt to inject some kind of spark in our listless Jays, ran onto the field “interrupting” the game, giving jays fans a brief respite from their season long agony.

The accused was subsequently placed under arrest to applause, transported to 52 Division where he was released on a Form 10/11.1.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #18289
graceanne
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverskitten View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
This was great. I saw some other comments on the same category at Amazon that were also hilarious. My favorite was the one that asked why one should be expected to pay over $1 million for a painting that was in French.
You all do realize the 'as if' comment was a quote from a movie, right?

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*

My Stories

Old 08-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #18290
midwestyankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceanne View Post
You all do realize the 'as if' comment was a quote from a movie, right?
I didn't see an "as if " comment on the linked page so I'm not sure which one you meant. Please elaborate.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #18291
kiwi_submissive
Literotica Guru

Thinking of someone very special to me and knowing that they don't need a torch to pretend they can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #18292
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

An interesting book

Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #18293
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
I can second the suggestion to have a drink at the Menger. Have done so myself and it's a quite a cool old room.
OK, I've walked past the Menger. That's as far as I've gotten. This is some crazy whirlwind shit out here. I am having SUCH a blast. Seriously so much more fun than I ever imagined. Writers I've looked up to, I have been HANGING OUT with!!

And some of them think I'M cool. Me!? It's fucking surreal. I keep waiting for the coach to turn back into the pumpkin.

Yeah, I'm giddy.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #18294
Yasashii_Kaze
Corgi on Stilts

Why Swiffer for cat hair when you can clean up the entire source?

http://i.imgur.com/6QtniC1.gif

Help find a cure!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #18295
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

BiBunny bait...
Relax, residents of Florence, Alabama – aliens are not coming to your children’s schools to attack and/or kidnap them.

FLORENCE, Alabama – Last week, radio station Star 94.9 in Alabama began a radio promotion spoofing aliens hacking into the station to advertise an upcoming change to the station’s format. Somehow, people living in the area – mostly students – came to believe that their schools would soon be attacked by aliens from outer space. The local authorities got involved, and police and school officials began to make urgent phone calls to Shoals Media Group, the company that owns and operates Star 94.9.

Brian Rickman, program director for Shoals Radio Group, was perplexed. To bring attention to a format change at Star 94.9 - which is owned by Shoals Radio Group – Rickman said the station on Monday began airing conversations between aliens. “We thought it was clever.”
More at the article linked through the headline above.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #18296
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

YK found this on Reddit.

Why bother vacuuming up cathair when you can go direct to the source?

(Also captioned, "The quicker picker-upper.")

http://i.imgur.com/6QtniC1.gif

Last edited by Sir_Winston54 : 09-02-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Missing parenthesis

Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #18297
DeepGreenEyes
Water you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
OK, I've walked past the Menger. That's as far as I've gotten. This is some crazy whirlwind shit out here. I am having SUCH a blast. Seriously so much more fun than I ever imagined. Writers I've looked up to, I have been HANGING OUT with!!

And some of them think I'M cool. Me!? It's fucking surreal. I keep waiting for the coach to turn back into the pumpkin.

Yeah, I'm giddy.
So happy for you, K. It is inspiring to see people follow their creative dreams - HARD!

Make sure you go by the hotel. Ask for the pie with ice cream (different kind each day). It's important, when in San Antonio, to Re-Menger the a la mode.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #18298
Paul_Chance
Space Monkey Mafia

My recently single friends beaming reaction when the waitress hit on him at breakfast.

A New Story is Up on 6-3-14 - Taking Mazi

My First Literotica Story - The Guest Room

My Second Story - The Voyeur
My Third Story - The Voyeur - Thandi's Tale

Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #18299
BiBunny
Spider...Bunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
BiBunny bait...
Relax, residents of Florence, Alabama – aliens are not coming to your children’s schools to attack and/or kidnap them.

FLORENCE, Alabama – Last week, radio station Star 94.9 in Alabama began a radio promotion spoofing aliens hacking into the station to advertise an upcoming change to the station’s format. Somehow, people living in the area – mostly students – came to believe that their schools would soon be attacked by aliens from outer space. The local authorities got involved, and police and school officials began to make urgent phone calls to Shoals Media Group, the company that owns and operates Star 94.9.

Brian Rickman, program director for Shoals Radio Group, was perplexed. To bring attention to a format change at Star 94.9 - which is owned by Shoals Radio Group – Rickman said the station on Monday began airing conversations between aliens. “We thought it was clever.”
More at the article linked through the headline above.
*Sigh* I don't even....

You know, I try to defend us by saying we're not as stupid and backwards as people who have never lived here try to paint us as being. Then, I see shit like this and think maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

As a dreamer of dreams and a traveling Bun,
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles

Grammar is very important to the Nazi party.

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #18300
Curious_in_Cali
~~ waiting ~~

For some reason I was thinking about my Biology teacher that I kind of crushed on in high school. He was a rather handsome man, and such an engaging and passionate guy that I think he helped me learn biology in a unique and passionate way that made his class my favorite that year. Plus, he let me keep my pet tarantula in his class after my mothers tolerance for him at home expired, which was just über cool of him.

He really was a positive influence on my love for studying the human animal and all our odd behaviors, which I am deeply grateful for. I hope he is well and happy wherever he is now.

Closed Thread