Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
EmeraldRough
Virgin

Writing BDSM Tales

To the BDSM Authors out there,

Out of curiosity, do you tend to write on past experiences or current relationships or do you turn to fantasies? Do you find one easier to write than the other? And do you enjoy writing at a third person point of view, or a first?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldRough View Post
To the BDSM Authors out there,

Out of curiosity, do you tend to write on past experiences or current relationships or do you turn to fantasies? Do you find one easier to write than the other? And do you enjoy writing at a third person point of view, or a first?
EmeraldRough, you may get a better response to this at the Author's Hangout

I am a mainstream author but I've written a few erotic BDSM tales. There is one that I've left up on Lit. Sommer Storms (a three-part series). To answer your questions:

1. Out of curiosity, do you tend to write on past experiences or current relationships or do you turn to fantasies?

A combination. Fiction has certain requirements that real life can't always meet. Also, I tend to like erotic stories that are of the same quality of "real" writing, with a good plot, character arcs, etc, so fantasy usually works better for me in that regard. My writing isn't wish fulfillment, though. I'm a storyteller and I write for the reader, not myself.

2. Do you find one easier to write than the other?

I've never written a real life story. So I can't say.

3. And do you enjoy writing at a third person point of view, or a first?

I've written in both. It's not about enjoyment, for me, but about which POV best serves the story.

Boring answers, I know. I haven't written erotic fiction for a few years because, honestly, it got boring for me. There are only so many "Tab A, Slot B" permutations to keep me typing.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Most of my erotic writing these days is confined to the personals section, so I guess you could say that I'm actually writing about future experiences.

Listen to Keroin, she knoweth from where she speak.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.