Old 06-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #278801
butters
Harry's Girl
 
butters's Avatar
 
butters is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 48,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieSnob View Post
Up far too early again after falling asleep at a shit time.

Fuck you, world. Fuck you right in your ass.
i think the earth just moved.

indie, or just a quake?
__________________
poetry submissions


What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill


'tender hearted...
 

Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #278802
IndieSnob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
i think the earth just moved.

indie, or just a quake?
I'm not sure how to take that.

Is it cause I'm a chunky guy or because I was fucking the world right in the ass?
 

Old 06-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #278803
butters
Harry's Girl
 
butters's Avatar
 
butters is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 48,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieSnob View Post
I'm not sure how to take that.

Is it cause I'm a chunky guy or because I was fucking the world right in the ass?
it was all about the anal
__________________
poetry submissions


What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill


'tender hearted...
 

Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #278804
IndieSnob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
it was all about the anal
Right, what I figured.

Sorry, still sleepy.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #278805
bg23
motherfuckin'sparklepony
 
bg23 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 48,797
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #278806
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
I’ve been told when a human dies the Soul misses the Body.

Actually grieves, grieves the loss of its hands and all they could hold.

Misses the kissing lips, the searching tongue, the throat closing shy

reading out loud on the first day of school.

The Soul misses the weather of the chest,

the hard whether when love walks away.

Misses the stubbed toe, the churning belly,

and the funny bone. The Soul still asks, Why did the funny bone do that?

The Soul misses the tears and the thirsty garden cheeks.

Misses how the Body could sleep through a dream.

What else could sleep through a dream? What else could laugh?

What else can wrinkle the smile’s autograph?

The Soul misses the falling eyelash waiting to be wished.

The river wrist screaming away the blade.

The underdog heart winning, winning, winning the game.

The Soul misses the lisp, and the limp, and the coyote mind

always plotting a new shape, a new size.

The Soul misses how hard the eyes fought off history to see clearly,

to see the holy bruise- blue from that army of blood rushing to the wound’s side.

When a human dies the Soul scours the universe for something blushing,

for something shaking in the cold, for something with teeth

biting its own nails to calm the panic nerve,

for something stretching the word “brave” up up into love.

The Soul misses love, that swinging chandelier in the shack-castle chest.

Even misses the grief fist-fighting the light,

breaking the light’s jaw, spitting on its faith.

“What else can hunger?” the Soul asks.

“What else can freckle? What else can clumsy?”

The fist that was never taught to curl- curls.

The teeth that were never taught to clench- clench.

The Body that was never taught to make love makes love

like a hungry ghost digging its way out of the grave.

The Soul misses the un-forever of old age, the skin that no longer fits.

The Soul misses every single day the Body was sick, the NOW it forced,

the HERE it built from the fever.

The Soul misses the way the body inflamed to hold its own loneliness.

Misses the legs aching up the stairs, misses the fear

that climbed up the vocal chords to curse the wheelchair.

The Soul misses how the Body could not let go.

What else could hold on so tightly to everything?

What else could hear the chain of a swing

and fall to its knees on the kitchen floor?

What else could touch the metal grate of a screen door and taste lemonade?

What else could come back from a war and not come back…

would hold its own ears, curled up in the basement on the 4th of July

then walk up the stairs to hold a daughter, to sing a lullaby?

When a human dies the Soul moves through the galaxy

trying to describe how the Body breathed, how it cried for its mother,

how a wound would heal given nothing but time.

Do you understand? Nothing in space ever believes.

No ray of light can fathom the speed of terror, the heat of shame,

a belly full of butterflies, the fingertips pulling that first gray hair

and throwing it away.

“How could we possibly believe in goose bumps,” the stars say.

“How could we possibly believe?”

Andrea Gibson
__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #278807
butters
Harry's Girl
 
butters's Avatar
 
butters is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 48,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata Morgana View Post
I’ve been told when a human dies the Soul misses the Body.
Actually grieves, grieves the loss of its hands and all they could hold.
Misses the kissing lips, the searching tongue, the throat closing shy
reading out loud on the first day of school.
The Soul misses the weather of the chest,
the hard whether when love walks away.
Misses the stubbed toe, the churning belly,
and the funny bone. The Soul still asks, Why did the funny bone do that?
The Soul misses the tears and the thirsty garden cheeks.
Misses how the Body could sleep through a dream.
What else could sleep through a dream? What else could laugh?
What else can wrinkle the smile’s autograph?
The Soul misses the falling eyelash waiting to be wished.
The river wrist screaming away the blade.
The underdog heart winning, winning, winning the game.
The Soul misses the lisp, and the limp, and the coyote mind
always plotting a new shape, a new size.
The Soul misses how hard the eyes fought off history to see clearly,
to see the holy bruise- blue from that army of blood rushing to the wound’s side.
When a human dies the Soul scours the universe for something blushing,
for something shaking in the cold, for something with teeth
biting its own nails to calm the panic nerve,
for something stretching the word “brave” up up into love.
The Soul misses love, that swinging chandelier in the shack-castle chest.
Even misses the grief fist-fighting the light,
breaking the light’s jaw, spitting on its faith.
“What else can hunger?” the Soul asks.
“What else can freckle? What else can clumsy?”
The fist that was never taught to curl- curls.
The teeth that were never taught to clench- clench.
The Body that was never taught to make love makes love
like a hungry ghost digging its way out of the grave.
The Soul misses the un-forever of old age, the skin that no longer fits.
The Soul misses every single day the Body was sick, the NOW it forced,
the HERE it built from the fever.
The Soul misses the way the body inflamed to hold its own loneliness.
Misses the legs aching up the stairs, misses the fear
that climbed up the vocal chords to curse the wheelchair.
The Soul misses how the Body could not let go.
What else could hold on so tightly to everything?
What else could hear the chain of a swing
and fall to its knees on the kitchen floor?
What else could touch the metal grate of a screen door and taste lemonade?
What else could come back from a war and not come back…
would hold its own ears, curled up in the basement on the 4th of July
then walk up the stairs to hold a daughter, to sing a lullaby?
When a human dies the Soul moves through the galaxy
trying to describe how the Body breathed, how it cried for its mother,
how a wound would heal given nothing but time.
Do you understand? Nothing in space ever believes.
No ray of light can fathom the speed of terror, the heat of shame,
a belly full of butterflies, the fingertips pulling that first gray hair
and throwing it away.
“How could we possibly believe in goose bumps,” the stars say.
“How could we possibly believe?”
Andrea Gibson
so very beautiful. and how wonderful to post this for all who don't fear but welcome the ghosts of their loved ones.
__________________
poetry submissions


What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill


'tender hearted...
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #278808
MonaLittle
Elusive
 
MonaLittle's Avatar
 
MonaLittle is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Second City
Posts: 6,545
I woke up this morning surprised that my dad was very much alive in my dream last night. I gave him a huge hug, he had a blue shirt on, and I said I love you. I even saw his blue eyes. Then i remembered tomorrow is Father's Day. As tears roll, Happy Fathers Day dad. I miss you very much.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #278809
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLittle View Post
I woke up this morning surprised that my dad was very much alive in my dream last night. I gave him a huge hug, he had a blue shirt on, and I said I love you. I even saw his blue eyes. Then i remembered tomorrow is Father's Day. As tears roll, Happy Fathers Day dad. I miss you very much.
__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #278810
dolf
fucketyfuckfuck
 
dolf's Avatar
 
dolf is offline
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 67,570
is it weird that, with my dad still alive and well, i envy you guys?
__________________
Last edited by Manu : Tomorrow at 00:00 PM.

http://m.thehungersite.greatergood.c.../ths/thank-you
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #278811
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
Nah, not weird at all.
__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #278812
butters
Harry's Girl
 
butters's Avatar
 
butters is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 48,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf View Post
is it weird that, with my dad still alive and well, i envy you guys?
no

that's exactly how i used to feel.
now he's gone (and has been a while) i feel only the ghost of envy for what others had and lost.


my own father was pretty useless and i didn't grow up feeling any love for him.
my best friend had a great dad, idolised him, and lost him when she was 16. life's hard sometimes.
__________________
poetry submissions


What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill


'tender hearted...
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #278813
slave_
MORE COWBELL!
 
slave_'s Avatar
 
slave_ is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC & sometimes elsewhere
Posts: 8,888
Earthrise from the Lunar Orbiter 1

__________________
my soul, my paradise namasté~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #278814
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #278815
slave_
MORE COWBELL!
 
slave_'s Avatar
 
slave_ is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC & sometimes elsewhere
Posts: 8,888
__________________
my soul, my paradise namasté~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #278816
lovetoread
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 
lovetoread's Avatar
 
lovetoread is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Joisey
Posts: 35,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
no

that's exactly how i used to feel.
now he's gone (and has been a while) i feel only the ghost of envy for what others had and lost.


my own father was pretty useless and i didn't grow up feeling any love for him.
my best friend had a great dad, idolised him, and lost him when she was 16. life's hard sometimes.
Yea me too.

When he died I have tried to only think good thoughts about him, but he was what he was.
__________________
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #278817
slave_
MORE COWBELL!
 
slave_'s Avatar
 
slave_ is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC & sometimes elsewhere
Posts: 8,888
__________________
my soul, my paradise namasté~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #278818
butters
Harry's Girl
 
butters's Avatar
 
butters is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 48,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoread View Post
Yea me too.

When he died I have tried to only think good thoughts about him, but he was what he was.
__________________
poetry submissions


What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill


'tender hearted...
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #278819
Kitty_Schrödinger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Oh yisss.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #278820
Laurel
Kitty Mama
 
Laurel's Avatar
 
Laurel is offline
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Here & Now
Posts: 28,029
Good Reads

If killer whales lived on land, we’d be in trouble. Highly intelligent and social, the black-and-white marine mammals hunt in packs, launching coordinated attacks on other whales and sharks, and even wave-wash seals off Antarctic ice floats.

On April 18, a half-dozen orcas battled a pod of sperm whales off the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The unusual encounter is one of fewer than a dozen such recorded conflicts — and the first observed in the Indian Ocean.



- read the full article (with more pics & video) Photographer Captures Dramatic Battle Between Orcas and Sperm Whales (from Wired)
__________________
"A great future doesn't require a great past." - William Chapman
 

Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #278821
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
One for you Kitty!

__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #278822
Kitty_Schrödinger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata Morgana View Post
One for you Kitty!

awesome, thank you!
 

Old 06-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #278823
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged
 
Fata Morgana's Avatar
 
Fata Morgana is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oh England, my Lionheart!
Posts: 16,555
__________________
You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
 

Old 06-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #278824
Laurel
Kitty Mama
 
Laurel's Avatar
 
Laurel is offline
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Here & Now
Posts: 28,029
Good Reads

This is Einstein the goldfish and he has a bladder disease that doesn’t allow him to swim.

But the four-year-old fish’s owner came up with ingenious lifejacket, built out of recycled tubing that allows him to swim!

- read the full article with more pics This Crippled Goldfish Can Now Swim Thanks To A Homemade Life Jacket (from Buzzfeed)
__________________
"A great future doesn't require a great past." - William Chapman
 

Old 06-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #278825
dolf
fucketyfuckfuck
 
dolf's Avatar
 
dolf is offline
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 67,570
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2581924.html

whale v orca made me think of this.
__________________
Last edited by Manu : Tomorrow at 00:00 PM.

http://m.thehungersite.greatergood.c.../ths/thank-you
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.