Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #42376
bhndblueyes88
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
*Big, fat hugs*, bbe!
belated thanks. so busy -__-

Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #42377
BiBunny
Spider...Bunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
Have you tried making a margarita with vodka? I lay odds it would taste virtually the same. And thus no involuntary elephant man impressions that wouldn't have led to a gig on Leno anyway.
My vote's for rum. That's all a daiquiri is, anyway, a margarita made with rum. Daiquiris are my most favoritest drink. But only if they're made the way God intended us to drink them--flavored only with lime and on the rocks.

As a dreamer of dreams and a traveling Bun,
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles

Grammar is very important to the Nazi party.

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #42378
bhndblueyes88
Literotica Guru

AAA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I feel like I win One Internet. I wanted to show my fiance this picture:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...g0uo1_1280.jpg which I knew I found here but could not for the LIFE of me remember where.

FOUND IT, BITCHES. BUWAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

Old 05-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #42379
LallyH
Literotica Guru

I've just typed a really long, complex, witty, interesting informative reply to a PM....and when I pressed submit, the site had logged me out. Bugger.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #42380
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。

Quote:
Originally Posted by LallyH View Post
I've just typed a really long, complex, witty, interesting informative reply to a PM....and when I pressed submit, the site had logged me out. Bugger.
It doesn't get lost if you enter your credentials right there again. Well, I guess this information is a bit late...

Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #42381
LallyH
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
It doesn't get lost if you enter your credentials right there again. Well, I guess this information is a bit late...
That didnt work for me....but that should come as no surprise, should it

Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #42382
JtohisPB
Lost in a book

It's been a while since I lurked in the BDSM forums. Having just spent the last 40 minutes or so reading through these threads, I remember why it is so easy to just stay here and read and lose track of time. Some smart people post here, willing to just offer advice and help people without judgment. Granted, when the thread or post begs for someone to call BS, that happens, too.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #42383
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
Quote:
That didnt work for me....but that should come as no surprise, should it
Should this occur in the future, try hitting the "Back Page" button (leftward-facing arrow at the top of your browser) to get back to where you were before hitting "Submit," then copy your text, sign back in, paste your text into the message block and go for the glory.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Last edited by Sir_Winston54 : 05-07-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: fix fat-finger typo

Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #42384
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtohisPB View Post
It's been a while since I lurked in the BDSM forums. Having just spent the last 40 minutes or so reading through these threads, I remember why it is so easy to just stay here and read and lose track of time. Some smart people post here, willing to just offer advice and help people without judgment. Granted, when the thread or post begs for someone to call BS, that happens, too.
Hmmm... you must have just seen my message advising the poster to attempt to erase herself from the digital universe and then destroy her computer...

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #42385
the captians wench
sewing wench

I think I'm going to take my left over spaghetti squash alfredo to work today.

I'm glad we have the new wraps, which offer me something I can eat there that's not too bad, but I am so sick of all of the processed shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
Look ye to this woman, verily, as an example to all ye aspiring cocksuckers.

writings of a true lady
Jounar's fat bottomed slut
And proud owner of his cock.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #42386
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the captians wench View Post
I think I'm going to take my left over spaghetti squash alfredo to work today.

I'm glad we have the new wraps, which offer me something I can eat there that's not too bad, but I am so sick of all of the processed shit.
Hey Wenchie, I'm curious to know what you think of all these walkouts and protests going on by fast food employees seeking $15 hour wages?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #42387
Cozoko
Really Really Experienced

Master fucks my ass well and when he is with me next he will have a black friend along who is hung better than a stallion

Curvy Appreciation Thread

Male to Male Vids

Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #42388
LallyH
Literotica Guru

There are some days, and today is one of them, when men just give me a headache.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #42389
the captians wench
sewing wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Hey Wenchie, I'm curious to know what you think of all these walkouts and protests going on by fast food employees seeking $15 hour wages?
Honestly K, I haven't heard anything of it, but I would venture to say it would be the same as my view on min wage. I understand the theroy behind it, I understand what is supposed to or intended to happen, I also know what is more likely to happen.

If corporations cave, and start paying people $15 an hour, they will say that they have to raise prices to meet the extra cost, which means everything else will go up in cost, so the cost of living goes up and now $15 an hour is still just enough to scrape by.

As long as we refuse to put a cap on the gap between what the CEOs and big wigs make, vs what the groundlings make, raising min wage is just a show of smoke and mirrors.

Do I believe fast food workers deserve better pay, health care, retirement benefits, and PTO? absolutely, as much as anyone does. I just don't believe it will happen with out costs that will void the benefits to begin with. The system is broken, but we are fixing the wrong end. Or trying to anyway.

Quote:

writings of a true lady

Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #42390
bhndblueyes88
Literotica Guru

my boy gets to the airport in less than an hour and all I can think is "waaa I want to go to SLEEEEEEP. I'm BORED. MAAAHHHH." How to know you need a vacation...

Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #42391
cfuhrer
I'm no 'Angel'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhndblueyes88 View Post
my boy gets to the airport in less than an hour and all I can think is "waaa I want to go to SLEEEEEEP. I'm BORED. MAAAHHHH." How to know you need a vacation...
At least you can be reasonably sure he feels the same way

I am an undefeated fan

Let's take a Ride Through The Country

Then we can Waste Some Time

And Answer To No One

Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #42392
cfuhrer
I'm no 'Angel'

I really should stop acquiring books until I have finished reading what has been previously acquired.

But then again the library book sale is this weekend and you never know what gem might be waiting there.

I am an undefeated fan

Let's take a Ride Through The Country

Then we can Waste Some Time

And Answer To No One

Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #42393
LallyH
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
Should this occur in the future, try hitting the "Back Page" button (leftward-facing arrow at the top of your browser) to get back to where you where before hitting "Submit," then copy your text, sign back in, paste your text into the message block and go for the glory.
Thank you so much - I've managed that successfully twice now.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #42394
Malich
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Long responses I always write in word and then paste in. Never had the site log me out... but too many people tell me it does

Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #42395
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the captians wench View Post
Honestly K, I haven't heard anything of it, but I would venture to say it would be the same as my view on min wage. I understand the theroy behind it, I understand what is supposed to or intended to happen, I also know what is more likely to happen.

If corporations cave, and start paying people $15 an hour, they will say that they have to raise prices to meet the extra cost, which means everything else will go up in cost, so the cost of living goes up and now $15 an hour is still just enough to scrape by.

As long as we refuse to put a cap on the gap between what the CEOs and big wigs make, vs what the groundlings make, raising min wage is just a show of smoke and mirrors.

Do I believe fast food workers deserve better pay, health care, retirement benefits, and PTO? absolutely, as much as anyone does. I just don't believe it will happen with out costs that will void the benefits to begin with. The system is broken, but we are fixing the wrong end. Or trying to anyway.
Interesting. Thanks, Wenchie.

I guess the dilemma is that the chances of convincing those at the top to cap their greed in order to make things better for those at the bottom are pretty darn slim. Plus, I have a feeling the cost of living is going to go up regardless of minimum wage.

Minimum wage in BC is $10.25/hr and I think that's low. Even at 40 hours per week, that's only $1400 a month before taxes. I can't imagine who anyone survives on less than that.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #42396
Keroin
aKwatic

This is an interesting tidbit about the origin and evolutionary purpose of kissing (well, a theory of, anyway). What struck me in this was the bit about uncertainty. That description sure described a lot of people who are drawn to/stay with abusive partners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQbCXLUUj8&feature=share

Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #42397
Loverskitten
I bite

Quote:

I guess the dilemma is that the chances of convincing those at the top to cap their greed in order to make things better for those at the bottom are pretty darn slim. Plus, I have a feeling the cost of living is going to go up regardless of minimum wage.

Minimum wage in BC is $10.25/hr and I think that's low. Even at 40 hours per week, that's only $1400 a month before taxes. I can't imagine who anyone survives on less than that.
I know this is old (2008) and may have been posted here already? but relevant
Art instalation allows people to work for minimum wage
http://www.artsjournal.com/anotherbb...imum-wage.html

Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #42398
the captians wench
sewing wench

Quote:

I'm sure that cost of living would probably go up either way because not changing min wage isn't going to keep the greedy from being greedier. Min wage is not a living wage, and I don't know where it is. I haven't heard of anyone who lives comfortably on min wage anywhere with out public assistance, which for the most part doesn't help a whole lot if you don't have children.

As long as those rich people and corporations are controlling the world, things aren't going to change. They will put out little bread crumbs like raising min wage to make it look like they are trying to help the rest of the world, but it's a sham.

I hate that I think so negatively on this, but it's just one area that really saddens me and I can't see it changing.

Quote:

writings of a true lady

Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #42399
desireinyellow
*LOVED*

?

I have been a daddy's girl for close to a year. I love my daddy and am certain he loves me too. As lit relationships go how much longer do you think this one will last?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #42400
knot_sweet
mmmm rope...

I actually think something may be mentally wrong with me.

I am perfectly, and I do mean perfectly, capable of killing any emotion about any person.

I don't see or talk to my son in three years? I nearly died (re; killed myself) at the beginning. Now? Nothing.

My Grandma died very recently. I cried once, was sad for a bit. Now nothing.

The man I would have married (this is a huge statement from me) leaves me utterly confused and hurt. Now nothing.

I have great friends, a loving family, good prospects for a happy life. But I could pack it all up and walk away tomorrow and feel nothing. Settle in to a new place and feel just as happy there.

I don't feel pain or bad things long. I feel good things all the time, I'm stupidly excited about three or four things at the moment. But it's easy to turn that off too. Like flicking a switch.

Seriously, this can't be good right?

The follow you just received is a direct result of the lead you just gave. - my dance teacher (and true for both BDSM and ballroom)

Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Ballroom is a contact sport. - I don't remember who said this.

What's life without whimsy? - Sheldon Cooper

Oh! The Places You'll Go - Dr Seuess

'panem et circenses'

Closed Thread