Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Cool rape!

a bit controvercial maybe but i have just been reading some non consent stories.

what are readers opinions on whether such stories could increase the possibility of somebody going through with actual rape?

nearly all the stories have the woman enjoying the "rape".

i realise this is not the case in 99.9% of rape cases but is it the same as computer games and violence of whatever kind?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
MatthewVett
Jahansuz
 
MatthewVett is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
a bit controvercial maybe but i have just been reading some non consent stories.

what are readers opinions on whether such stories could increase the possibility of somebody going through with actual rape?

nearly all the stories have the woman enjoying the "rape".

i realise this is not the case in 99.9% of rape cases but is it the same as computer games and violence of whatever kind?
Are you asking whether reading such stories makes someone more likely to commit rape? Because the way you phrase it, it just makes it sound like the stories' very existence could increase rape rates around the world.
__________________
My Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
well i would think they would have to be read before making any difference to a persons actions.

so the first line is what i was asking for an opinion.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
a bit controvercial maybe but i have just been reading some non consent stories.

what are readers opinions on whether such stories could increase the possibility of somebody going through with actual rape?
Not much. Such a person doesn't need the prompting and will go looking for it anyway, seeing it just about anywhere, because the person wants to see the justification for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
nearly all the stories have the woman enjoying the "rape".
It's not just women who get raped, you know.

The act is enjoyed in the stories you read/videogames you play mostly because that enjoying is a technical requirement of the story content to qualify it for a nonconsent category rather than a rape category. It's pretty much an artificial construct.

When I write nonconsent stories, I try to build in the basic "want"--and therefore unspoken consent for--the act before it's committed.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
ravaged_sarah
Virgin
 
ravaged_sarah is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey UK
Posts: 3
In reality, the absolute vast majority of us girls wouldn't "enjoy" being raped. However, in my fantasies, I love it! Not that I let on to the rapists. But that's the difference, fantasy vs reality. It's my fantasy, I control what happens to me, and I bloody well enjoy it!
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
good point. i have heard of men getting raped but .....well i just dont really understand it. i know i will get some flack for that but its my thoughts.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravaged_sarah View Post
In reality, the absolute vast majority of us girls wouldn't "enjoy" being raped. However, in my fantasies, I love it! Not that I let on to the rapists. But that's the difference, fantasy vs reality. It's my fantasy, I control what happens to me, and I bloody well enjoy it!
yes i would agree. in a relationship of some sort that works fine. you get him to treat you how you want treating.
i just wonder whether too much reading of such stories could blinker a vulnerarable mind?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
yes i would agree. in a relationship of some sort that works fine. you get him to treat you how you want treating.
i just wonder whether too much reading of such stories could blinker a vulnerarable mind?
I wonder about that too. I have absolutely no issue with responsible adults enjoying NC fantasies if they're capable of drawing a clear line between fantasy and reality, but some folk are impressionable.

(I'm not advocating banning it, BTW, this is just something that I ponder without having a good idea how to solve it.)
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
LOAnnie2
Really Experienced
 
LOAnnie2 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 226
Except for very rarely, literotica prefers that even rape stories include the victim enjoying it, or at least being ambiguous about it.
__________________
My Author Twitter: http://twitter.com/LOAnnie2

My FetLife Author Profile https://fetlife.com/users/2272663

My Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

2013 Stories:
Token of Appreciation http://www.literotica.com/s/token-of-appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
GBingley
Virgin
 
GBingley is offline
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
To answer the OP's question I think it's highly unlikely. Rape is a lot more about power and entitlement than it is about sex. Actual serial rapists seem to choose their victims based more on opportunity and whether they thought they could get away with it than their perceived attractive levels of the woman in question. (I assume the same goes for people that target males but I haven't read as much about them).

I have two consensual non-consent stories out there in the amazonian wilds and the reason I wrote them is because, like a lot of women, I have rape fantasies. And the fantasies are very different than what the real thing is like. I like being overpowered by men I trust. But I have to have a LOT of trust there so it doesn't get creepy.
__________________
On Literotica, please check out: http://www.literotica.com/s/topping-my-boy-ch-01

You can also find me at www.steelcityerotica.com
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
Dream_Operator
Really Experienced
 
Dream_Operator is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there and everywhere, mostly here of late.
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravaged_sarah View Post
In reality, the absolute vast majority of us girls wouldn't "enjoy" being raped. However, in my fantasies, I love it! Not that I let on to the rapists. But that's the difference, fantasy vs reality. It's my fantasy, I control what happens to me, and I bloody well enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBingley View Post
I have rape fantasies. And the fantasies are very different than what the real thing is like. I like being overpowered by men I trust. But I have to have a LOT of trust there so it doesn't get creepy.
I read an article, a while back, discussing how popular this fantasy is amongst women. Curiosity killed the cat, and this turned into the inspiration for my seldom-read series The Rules of the Game, which explores the idea of a sexually-repressed woman that acts on her fantasies though a role-playing game with her new housemate.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:

http://www.literotica.com/s/the-rules-of-the-game-ch-01
__________________
My stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
emap
Literotica Guru
 
emap's Avatar
 
emap is offline
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,239
There is no actual correlation between reading the so called rape stories on this site and going out and doing it. This is the same thing with playing violent games, in a young child yes it is possible it influences them to do things in real life that they may not have done anyway. See the problem is, the studies that have done so say there 'may' be a correlation but there was not enough of a study group to figure it out.

In other words, violent people may or may not be violent because of video games. But hell I remember when I was a kid, playing cops and robbers was pretty common. Bunch of little kids running around screaming bang bang I got you, no you didn't. Pretty darn violent game there and yet we don't have people running around shooting people all that often.

The stories are the same thing, if a person has a prediliction to doing that, then they will find enjoyment in the story and probably will go act it out. Not because of the story, but because they wanted to do that. If you pay attention most of the non consent stories on the site she enjoys it, she also gives up all control to the guy. That is the basis of a gals rape fantasy, also what most dominant personalities want out of a lover.

Basically that means read what you want. Doesn't do anything to you that you don't want it to. Hopefully you get off, the whole reason for the stories and the site in the first place.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
I wonder about that too. I have absolutely no issue with responsible adults enjoying NC fantasies if they're capable of drawing a clear line between fantasy and reality, but some folk are impressionable.

(I'm not advocating banning it, BTW, this is just something that I ponder without having a good idea how to solve it.)
thank you. was beginning to think that i was the only one that thought it could make a difference to the vulnerable/impressionable.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAnnie2 View Post
Except for very rarely, literotica prefers that even rape stories include the victim enjoying it, or at least being ambiguous about it.
how do you know tahts what lit prefers? why would they have that attitude?
should they not treat rape as the violation taht it is?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
how do you know tahts what lit prefers? why would they have that attitude?
should they not treat rape as the violation taht it is?
http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...hreadid=175666

"We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused."
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,297
My goodness. Who would actually read the submissions guidelines posted to the Web site?
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #17
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...hreadid=175666

"We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused."
not sure of the thinking behind that statement. i am sure someone will let me know their opinion on it.

i think i have read one NC story on lit that had the woman still hating the guy and what had taken place. still a bloody good story.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #18
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emap View Post
There is no actual correlation between reading the so called rape stories on this site and going out and doing it. This is the same thing with playing violent games, in a young child yes it is possible it influences them to do things in real life that they may not have done anyway. See the problem is, the studies that have done so say there 'may' be a correlation but there was not enough of a study group to figure it out.

In other words, violent people may or may not be violent because of video games. But hell I remember when I was a kid, playing cops and robbers was pretty common. Bunch of little kids running around screaming bang bang I got you, no you didn't. Pretty darn violent game there and yet we don't have people running around shooting people all that often.

The stories are the same thing, if a person has a prediliction to doing that, then they will find enjoyment in the story and probably will go act it out. Not because of the story, but because they wanted to do that. If you pay attention most of the non consent stories on the site she enjoys it, she also gives up all control to the guy. That is the basis of a gals rape fantasy, also what most dominant personalities want out of a lover.

Basically that means read what you want. Doesn't do anything to you that you don't want it to. Hopefully you get off, the whole reason for the stories and the site in the first place.
you say cops and robbers did "you" no harm. but you may be normal! you also say "we don't have people running around shooting people all that often." it's the all that often thats the worrying part. we do have people running around shooting people. i am not saying that this is because they played cops and robbers. we all know that propoganda has an important role in polotics and in times of conflict. this is messing with minds. could reading stories that all have the same outcome do the same?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #19
LOAnnie2
Really Experienced
 
LOAnnie2 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
how do you know tahts what lit prefers? why would they have that attitude?
should they not treat rape as the violation taht it is?
Besides the terms of service, I had to rewrite one of my stories to get it past the lit censors when I had a few less stories to my name. Part of it really depends on how long you've been writing and how many stories you have up. Someone who has 100 posted stories is more likely to have stories just greenlit than someone who is publishing their first story--especially into the NC/R category.
__________________
My Author Twitter: http://twitter.com/LOAnnie2

My FetLife Author Profile https://fetlife.com/users/2272663

My Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

2013 Stories:
Token of Appreciation http://www.literotica.com/s/token-of-appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
emap
Literotica Guru
 
emap's Avatar
 
emap is offline
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
you say cops and robbers did "you" no harm. but you may be normal! you also say "we don't have people running around shooting people all that often." it's the all that often thats the worrying part. we do have people running around shooting people. i am not saying that this is because they played cops and robbers. we all know that propoganda has an important role in polotics and in times of conflict. this is messing with minds. could reading stories that all have the same outcome do the same?
Two things to keep in mind. Normal isn't really much of anything except the middle line between the extremes where most are at.

Second thing is a bigger one, New York City for example, seen as one of the more violent cities of the nation. There are roughly 8,400,000 people living in the city total. Last year they had 1353 shootings and 414 homicides. Think about the numbers there for a second.

This isn't taking into consideration other things, like what the person they shot was doing. If violent TV and video games had a correlation with crime, wouldn't the percentages be higher than what they are in one of the more violent cities?

As I already said, there is no correlation between reading something and doing it. Watching violent TV, playing violent games doesn't make the nation a crime riddled cess pool. The people who say that are the ones who don't like it and want it to go away.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emap View Post
Two things to keep in mind. Normal isn't really much of anything except the middle line between the extremes where most are at.

Second thing is a bigger one, New York City for example, seen as one of the more violent cities of the nation. There are roughly 8,400,000 people living in the city total. Last year they had 1353 shootings and 414 homicides. Think about the numbers there for a second.

This isn't taking into consideration other things, like what the person they shot was doing. If violent TV and video games had a correlation with crime, wouldn't the percentages be higher than what they are in one of the more violent cities?

As I already said, there is no correlation between reading something and doing it. Watching violent TV, playing violent games doesn't make the nation a crime riddled cess pool. The people who say that are the ones who don't like it and want it to go away.
well if everyone was "middle of the road" wouldn't the world be a nice place to live?
wouldn't new york or any other city be happy to lower the violent crime numbers and if this was through preventing mind changing media then so be it.

if, as you say there is no correlation between reading something and doing it why did hitler drop all those propoganda leaflets? there must be some well documented reports on what people read to how they act.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
LOAnnie2
Really Experienced
 
LOAnnie2 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpaulzzz View Post
well if everyone was "middle of the road" wouldn't the world be a nice place to live?
wouldn't new york or any other city be happy to lower the violent crime numbers and if this was through preventing mind changing media then so be it.

if, as you say there is no correlation between reading something and doing it why did hitler drop all those propoganda leaflets? there must be some well documented reports on what people read to how they act.
Nope, the only thing that people claim will spur you to act is video games and music. Books don't cause it, movies don't cause it, the news doesn't cause it, but listen to all the blame on violent music and violent videogames.

People twist things for their own excuses--always have and always will.
__________________
My Author Twitter: http://twitter.com/LOAnnie2

My FetLife Author Profile https://fetlife.com/users/2272663

My Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

2013 Stories:
Token of Appreciation http://www.literotica.com/s/token-of-appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
xxxpaulzzz
Literotica Guru
 
xxxpaulzzz's Avatar
 
xxxpaulzzz is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 746
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAnnie2 View Post
Nope, the only thing that people claim will spur you to act is video games and music. Books don't cause it, movies don't cause it, the news doesn't cause it, but listen to all the blame on violent music and violent videogames.

People twist things for their own excuses--always have and always will.
excuse me but that is hogwash.


where do you get your facts from? propoganda comes in many forms and was around well before video games. or did the old folk just misplace our ipods and segs maga drives in the 194o's and probably before. propoganda will have been around for centuries before taht some historian will no doubt tell us.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #24
LOAnnie2
Really Experienced
 
LOAnnie2 is online now
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 226
Apparently you've never seen the arguments about violent video games and how they incense politicians. Politicians bitch that there needs to be more restriction of the sale of M-rated games to minors, but a recent report by the government actually shoes the video game industry does a better job of age-restricting than the movie industry does.

Also, when it comes to obscenity (which many people would consider rape stories/movies/games/etc as), the written word is the only material that can never be deemed obscene.

Propoganda posters meant to enrage a group of people is far different than a written story. Propoganda is specifically targeted to get a certain response--whereas I doubt there's many people out there who write rape fantasy stories with the idea of incensing people to go out and rape.
__________________
My Author Twitter: http://twitter.com/LOAnnie2

My FetLife Author Profile https://fetlife.com/users/2272663

My Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

2013 Stories:
Token of Appreciation http://www.literotica.com/s/token-of-appreciation
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
GBingley
Virgin
 
GBingley is offline
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Weird fact.

Studies suggest that access to porn actually lowers the incidences of rape. Here's a link to the google search I did:

https://www.google.com/#output=searc...w=1600&bih=750

I'm posting that instead of one particular article so people can sift through the various sources.
__________________
On Literotica, please check out: http://www.literotica.com/s/topping-my-boy-ch-01

You can also find me at www.steelcityerotica.com
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.