Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
pisces_girl
Really Experienced
 
pisces_girl is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 123
different orgasm from sex vs. masturbation?

I don't know if I'm the only female who has experienced this: when you masturbate you achieve orgasm more quickly and in a specific way but during sex it's different. I know I can cum from sex but the orgasm is just completely different. Sometimes when I masturbate the orgasm is more intense and better. Whereas from sex it's more so the connection with my partner that I get satisfaction from. I guess what I want to know is how I can achieve the same intense type of orgasm not only from masturbating but also from sex.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Cookie123
Little Girl
 
Cookie123's Avatar
 
Cookie123 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces_girl View Post
I don't know if I'm the only female who has experienced this: when you masturbate you achieve orgasm more quickly and in a specific way but during sex it's different. I know I can cum from sex but the orgasm is just completely different. Sometimes when I masturbate the orgasm is more intense and better. Whereas from sex it's more so the connection with my partner that I get satisfaction from. I guess what I want to know is how I can achieve the same intense type of orgasm not only from masturbating but also from sex.
Wow. Please forgive me..I have been caught off guard. This seems like a Beck post, only with more words. Adjusting...


To answer your question, there has always been and will always be a difference between solo & having a partner. Even with a damn good partner.

When you are alone, you allow your mind to wander off to whatever makes the experience benefit your body. Maybe when you are with your partner, you try to focus on him/her and what they are doing at the time. It can distract you from what is going on in that pretty mind of yours.

Talk to him/her at a time when you are both relaxed and express what you are telling 'us'.. a group of somewhat strangers. You may be surprised at not only their response, but also what you reveal to yourself. Take a deep breath, be honest and relax!!!
__________________
~God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay and who you refuse to let go~

Last edited by Cookie123 : 11-12-2012 at 11:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
pisces_girl
Really Experienced
 
pisces_girl is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 123
I should have browsed before I posted, but thanks
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Cookie123
Little Girl
 
Cookie123's Avatar
 
Cookie123 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces_girl View Post
I should have browsed before I posted, but thanks
I won't argue that.
__________________
~God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay and who you refuse to let go~
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Emerson40
An evening spent dancing
 
Emerson40's Avatar
 
Emerson40 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: It's not where, but who you're with that matters
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie123 View Post
Wow. Please forgive me..I have been caught off guard. This seems like a Beck post, only with more words. Adjusting...
C'mon Cookie... you seem off your game.

The "more words" was a good first hint that this is not Mr. Bean's work. The thread subject is more complete (not just different in the subject line), the post is intelligible, and the thread doesn't appear to be a repeat or a similar thread to one started less than a week ago.

You might just have a wee case of the dog-shit shocks. After stepping in dog shit one too many times, you check your shoe for poop, even if only at a whiff of fart.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Cookie123
Little Girl
 
Cookie123's Avatar
 
Cookie123 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson40 View Post
C'mon Cookie... you seem off your game.

The "more words" was a good first hint that this is not Mr. Bean's work. The thread subject is more complete (not just different in the subject line), the post is intelligible, and the thread doesn't appear to be a repeat or a similar thread to one started less than a week ago.

You might just have a wee case of the dog-shit shocks. After stepping in dog shit one too many times, you check your shoe for poop, even if only at a whiff of fart.
When you're right, you're right.
__________________
~God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay and who you refuse to let go~
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
justin_in_cary
Virgin
 
justin_in_cary is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson40 View Post
C'mon Cookie... you seem off your game.

The "more words" was a good first hint that this is not Mr. Bean's work. The thread subject is more complete (not just different in the subject line), the post is intelligible, and the thread doesn't appear to be a repeat or a similar thread to one started less than a week ago.

You might just have a wee case of the dog-shit shocks. After stepping in dog shit one too many times, you check your shoe for poop, even if only at a whiff of fart.
As a newbie to this forum, dare I ask what / who Mr. Bean is?
__________________
*Justin

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~ Les Brown
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Exquisition
Literotica Guru
 
Exquisition is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson40 View Post
C'mon Cookie... you seem off your game.

The "more words" was a good first hint that this is not Mr. Bean's work. The thread subject is more complete (not just different in the subject line), the post is intelligible, and the thread doesn't appear to be a repeat or a similar thread to one started less than a week ago.

You might just have a wee case of the dog-shit shocks. After stepping in dog shit one too many times, you check your shoe for poop, even if only at a whiff of fart.
Well, I must confess that Beck did cross my mind when I read the OP's thread. I'm getting worried that Beck is taking over my mind. His threads remind me of a game of Jeopardy, Family Feud or Blockbusters:

Name something that goes like "arrggh" or What P is the name of a wild cat?
__________________
Latest Story: Immaculate Conception www.literotica.com/s/immaculate-conception-2
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
sweetthaithigh
Really Experienced
 
sweetthaithigh is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
Same for men.

It's the same for men.

I prefer having an orgasm with someone else, at least 10 times more fufilling.

Even the worst lay I ever had was better than the best, most intense round of jerking off I ever did.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Emerson40
An evening spent dancing
 
Emerson40's Avatar
 
Emerson40 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: It's not where, but who you're with that matters
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_in_cary View Post
As a newbie to this forum, dare I ask what / who Mr. Bean is?
Welcome to the boards Justin,

Mr. Bean is my pet name for Beck31, the reason for which will become very evident once you read through any of his recent posts or threads.

He's harmless, a bit of an attention whore, and can be entertaining at times. But his post etiquette sucks farts, and has been the ruin of more than a few threads. He is prone to the occasional melt-down, doesn't recognize or use the good advice and recommendations offered him, and doesn't perceive sarcasm or hints, no matter how subtle or obvious.
Most of his posts / threads are about the same few subjects, just asked a different way. Did I mention he has a memory equivalent to the regular ridership of buses of the shorter variety?

Again, welcome aboard!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
justin_in_cary
Virgin
 
justin_in_cary is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson40 View Post
Again, welcome aboard!
Thanks for the welcome, and the explanation. I've read a lot of forum posts on Beck, but I didn't put the two together. Thanks again.
__________________
*Justin

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~ Les Brown
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
Julie_in_the_north
Really Really Experienced
 
Julie_in_the_north is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 456
Getting back to the subject - and it's an interesting one, so sorry for the bump.

I've long been conscious of the fact that when I masturbate I usually have quite a different kind of orgasm from the kind I achieve during sex.

My orgasms are longer and more physically intense - the spasms of my climax feel more acute and sharper.

I suppose the reason is obvious. When I masturbate, it's just about me - I can really take my time, delay my climax, and just entirely focus on the sensations from my clitoris. When I come, all I need do is close my eyes, soar into the air, and just really enjoy my orgasm - every gorgeous jolt and nuance of it.

When I have sex, it's obviously not just about me! It's a mutual physical process. My sex orgasms are different in that they're often deeper, more bodily, and much more an emotional experience than just a physical one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
MeredithEighty8
Literotica Guru
 
MeredithEighty8's Avatar
 
MeredithEighty8 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,162
What more can I say? I totally agree with everything you've said . . .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_in_the_north View Post
Getting back to the subject - and it's an interesting one, so sorry for the bump.

I've long been conscious of the fact that when I masturbate I usually have quite a different kind of orgasm from the kind I achieve during sex.

My orgasms are longer and more physically intense - the spasms of my climax feel more acute and sharper.

I suppose the reason is obvious. When I masturbate, it's just about me - I can really take my time, delay my climax, and just entirely focus on the sensations from my clitoris. When I come, all I need do is close my eyes, soar into the air, and just really enjoy my orgasm - every gorgeous jolt and nuance of it.

When I have sex, it's obviously not just about me! It's a mutual physical process. My sex orgasms are different in that they're often deeper, more bodily, and much more an emotional experience than just a physical one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Julietravels
Really Experienced
 
Julietravels is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 100
Best

I have had some great climaxes all by myself and when I was younger and more innocent I would have said the best climaxes are from dry humping. Still, my absolute climaxes have been during sex and that includes for intensity.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
southern_gal
Literotica Guru
 
southern_gal is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,213
I rarely have an O just from intercourse.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
1Browneyedguy
Literotica Guru
 
1Browneyedguy's Avatar
 
1Browneyedguy is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY tri-state area
Posts: 616
with so much stimuli ...

JMHO from masturbation I can sometimes last longer.... unless it's on the phone, talking...sometimes less.

Having sex.... there's much more stimuli and it's "real" and you're also dealing w/ touch ! taste !
smell! when I cum it could be deeper .. possibly more cum ... last longer and possibily recover faster
going for another round
__________________
Please click the link to read my stories
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

In a fantasy world, I could and would be a Jedi Knight and teach others.

In real life, I am a very paitient, laid back guy. I can be silly and a little sarcastic. I've been told that I'm a very good kisser. I like most things in the City and outdoors.. I consider myself as someone who's concerned with the enviroment... and I am also involved with local animal shelters and rescue groups.

It would be nice to meet someone to chat with, flirt and exchange emails.
I would also consider myself to be a romantic. I am respectful and know how to treat a woman.I have and like a good imagination. I dislike vain. aggressive and ill mannered people. NOT into pain or humiliation.

I've written a few stories here on Literotica. 1Browneyedguy

Message me if you'd like.

Thank you, good luck in your searches and welcome to Literotica
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
SailorJerry
Taking on Water
 
SailorJerry's Avatar
 
SailorJerry is offline
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ladysmith, Canada
Posts: 2,555
I generally agree with Cookie and Julie, and add the following.

Sex is only 20% physical, and the other 80% is mental. Only you know you best, and we often don't share our fantasies and desires, even with our partner, for fear of being judged and ostracized, or labelled as a freak. In this respect, I think that men and women are the same, except that men don't usually explore their emotional side of their sexuality.

In my own experience, the absolute BEST orgasm I've ever had was when I was in love, and just before orgasm, we both looked into each other's eyes and said, "I love you." It was mind blowing. We used all 100%, and then some.

So if you want better orgasms with your partner, you need to let them into your mind.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
Rainshine
Free Falling
 
Rainshine's Avatar
 
Rainshine is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Terra Australis
Posts: 9,681
I never orgasm from intercourse alone. The only time I've ever had vaginal orgasms is during masturbation using my Lelo or when my husband will use my Lelo inside me.

Orgasms from masturbation are definitely different from orgasms induced by someone else, at least in my experience. It depends on me and my partner, and what is going on at the time as to which is better or more intense.
__________________
...because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I still love about you...
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
njlauren
Literotica Guru
 
njlauren is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,273
They are different because as others point out, when you do it with someone else there are emotions there, even with a fuck buddy, and also the physicality is different. In a sense, masturbation is fooling the nerve endings, simulating sex as it happens with another, and it also usually involves (least for me it does), fantasizing, going into a different place, to try and recreate what isn't there, the emotional and physical of doing it with someone else. It is interesting, i have heard people describe having had fuck buddy sex as almost being like masturbating using someone else, and I understand that, I have had that in my past, and it makes sense.

Sometimes you can have a more intense orgasm in masturbation, because you are creating your own world, and are doing things like delaying climax, backing off just before orgasm and then pushing forward, so it can be more intense in some ways then a regular orgasm....a lot of it depends on technique, too, a guy whose idea of sex is he sticks his dick into the woman's vagina, goes out it, cums and then pulls out, is going to be very different for both partners then if he takes his time, touches the women, changes motions, varies intensity, stops when he senses the woman is near orgasm, waits, goes on again, or who stimulates his wife's clit while fucking her, or who does other things.

For me it is two totally different things, having sex with someone you are into is worlds apart. Talking to my sweetie, it is very, very different when she masturbates, or if I do certain things to her outside penetrative sex, then if we do penetrative.....

The nice part? It is all good, and comparing is kind of useless, they are all different, and wonderful in their own way..still, I wouldn't want to lead a life where it was all masturbation,either, even if it is more intense physically (as some have said), because there also is the absolute thrill (to me) of watching a partner going to the moon and knowng they are getting that from being with me, that feeds it, too, that energy adds to the physical one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
BongoGal
Invisible exhibitionist
 
BongoGal's Avatar
 
BongoGal is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: a college town
Posts: 3,454
If I were able to make a Top Ten Best Orgasms list, it would probably be a 50/50 split between solo and with a partner. If the list expanded to the Top 100, then I suspect that the solo ones would take a 65/35 lead.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
C2W
Really Really Experienced
 
C2W is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: I live where ever I am--, at the time
Posts: 487
---

the only way I know to accomplish what you're asking about is to say--,
practice, practice, practice.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
dougsan
Really Really Experienced
 
dougsan is offline
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA USA
Posts: 377
I find all the technical sounding mumbo-jumbo funny. There are no rules stating a penis in a vagina will have X level of orgasm while outside the vagina the orgasm will hit a level of (X +/- Y) with Oral being = to (Y +/- G). I believe it is what it is for each of us. I've known females who can't have an inter vaginal organism (clit position being thecause). I've known females who strongly prefer dildoing before/after inervaginal sex with a penis. I have also known females who are FULLY satisfied with penial/vaginal sex . We are individuals and we everything and react to everything as individuals, IMO.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
satin_and_lace
Really Experienced
 
satin_and_lace's Avatar
 
satin_and_lace is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow ;)
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by njlauren View Post
They are different because as others point out, when you do it with someone else there are emotions there, even with a fuck buddy, and also the physicality is different. In a sense, masturbation is fooling the nerve endings, simulating sex as it happens with another, and it also usually involves (least for me it does), fantasizing, going into a different place, to try and recreate what isn't there, the emotional and physical of doing it with someone else. It is interesting, i have heard people describe having had fuck buddy sex as almost being like masturbating using someone else, and I understand that, I have had that in my past, and it makes sense.

Sometimes you can have a more intense orgasm in masturbation, because you are creating your own world, and are doing things like delaying climax, backing off just before orgasm and then pushing forward, so it can be more intense in some ways then a regular orgasm....a lot of it depends on technique, too, a guy whose idea of sex is he sticks his dick into the woman's vagina, goes out it, cums and then pulls out, is going to be very different for both partners then if he takes his time, touches the women, changes motions, varies intensity, stops when he senses the woman is near orgasm, waits, goes on again, or who stimulates his wife's clit while fucking her, or who does other things.

For me it is two totally different things, having sex with someone you are into is worlds apart. Talking to my sweetie, it is very, very different when she masturbates, or if I do certain things to her outside penetrative sex, then if we do penetrative.....

The nice part? It is all good, and comparing is kind of useless, they are all different, and wonderful in their own way..still, I wouldn't want to lead a life where it was all masturbation,either, even if it is more intense physically (as some have said), because there also is the absolute thrill (to me) of watching a partner going to the moon and knowng they are getting that from being with me, that feeds it, too, that energy adds to the physical one.
I think njlauren hit the nail on the head
__________________
http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.p...c8dc6.74819370

satinandlace69.tumblr.com
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #24
stickygirl
Smile..it confuses people
 
stickygirl's Avatar
 
stickygirl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,087
I'd go along with with the consensus here. Now I've been on HRT for a couple of years, orgasms have changed quite a bit ie they're more difficult to reach. I'd say though that ones from masturbation are more focussed. When I was with my partner they'd either be a damp firework or a total rail-crash - overwhelming, complete with tears, laughter, shaking... God, I miss that
__________________
My stories My stories
A bit more stuff on Tumblr
Ask a MtF trans woman a question
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
cricketbug
Literotica Guru
 
cricketbug's Avatar
 
cricketbug is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickygirl View Post
.....a total rail-crash - overwhelming, complete with tears, laughter, shaking...
I agree with you, that's the way I orgasm is the full blown, "all out", overwhelming-ness...usually ends in me having an attack of the giggles. I think I've freaked out a few partners through the years with it, but meh, either they liked it or they didn't...

On the solo-orgasm note, I find it more difficult to make myself orgasm...don't know why, it's the way I'm "wired" I guess. Have tried it by myself or with someone watching (quite hot IMO!), but it takes a while...I think my head tries to tell my body it's biz'ness!
__________________
My first story! - "Solo Shower"

"Pinky, did you leave the lens cap of your mind on again?" - the Brain
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.