Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #101
hogjack
Who put the oon in ptang?
 
hogjack's Avatar
 
hogjack is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Blosco, UT
Posts: 31,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est_4est_Gump View Post
RoryN

A self-loathing proud guilty white Liberal who is properly focused on race and race-baiting as a means of personal reparation.
Self-loathing and pride are diametrically opposed attributes.

Go with the "proud" and throw in a "misguided":

A proud, guilty white Liberal who is misguidedly focused on race and race-baiting as a means of personal reparation.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #102
kbate
Solipsistic Nihilist
 
kbate's Avatar
 
kbate is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GB Sticky Thread Owner
Posts: 29,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar View Post
Let's see if anyone in here can spot the elephant in the room that is the conclusion of this statement.
Another argument with no substance. You must be a Statist.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #103
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est_4est_Gump View Post
Women need a man to take care of them and Jesus has gone all out of fashion...




They have been encouraged to become men, men have been beaten into metrosexuality, so the State makes the perfect husband for the emancipated single woman.
~~~

Well said, Gump, well said...I would like to see an essay on just that last bit about the state making the perfect husband...I understand and agree, but I think the little ladies might need some help...

smiles...

thanks

amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #104
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~

Nice try, jerkoff with the still wet mouth...you know nothing about anything, perhaps I had no eye problems, just shitting you for sympathy, supposing I am not yet of retirement age and have my own insurance that I still pay into monthy...
You're old and you just had a very expensive medical procedure thanks to socialist taxpayer-funded Medicare. You're just a reality denier and a hypocrite of the worst sort. Not only does a socialist medical system work, it works for you. You can't deny it in any kind of rational fashion so you're here trying to deny it in an irrational fashion.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #105
Liar
now with 17% more class
 
Liar's Avatar
 
Liar is online now
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 8th floor
Posts: 37,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbate View Post
Another argument with no substance. You must be a Statist.
I just found it hilarious that when amicus is accused of being a hypocrite, his response is, in essence, "Nuh-huh, you don't know that! I might be a LIAR. So HA!"

Because that's... better?
__________________
stuf...mor stuf
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #106
Ulaven_Demorte
Non-Prophet Organization
 
Ulaven_Demorte's Avatar
 
Ulaven_Demorte is online now
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Altered State
Posts: 26,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~

Well said, Gump, well said...I would like to see an essay on just that last bit about the state making the perfect husband...I understand and agree, but I think the little ladies might need some help...

smiles...

thanks

amicus
Professor Amicus is handing out essay assignments to the RWCJ crowd now?

It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.
__________________
Men are expendable; women and children are not. A tribe or a nation can lose a high percentage of its men and still pick up the pieces and go on… as long as the women and children are saved. But if you fail to save the women and children, you've had it, you're done, you're through! You join Tyrannosaurus Rex, one more breed that bilged its final test. - Robert Heinlein, "The Pragmatics of Patriotism"

"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #107
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est_4est_Gump View Post
Good lord man, they are all sure that you are a joke, and, you are.

A self-loathing proud guilty white Liberal who is properly focused on race and race-baiting as a means of personal reparation.

The only reason that I do not have you on ignore with the rest of the dedicated angry white men is that you are truly amusing in your delusion of superiority.
RoryNut couldn't fuck me up even if he had the wherewithal to do so. I have the simpering racist pussy on Iggy. Ish probably does too.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #108
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 82,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
In Great Britain for example, a young married couple might wait ten years before government housing becomes available to them.
And the reason for that is the whore Thatcher sold off council houses and wouldn't allow the revenue to be used to build more. Consequently the price of houses sky-rocketed and the only people that benefited were house builders that poured millions in to tory party coffers. In other words, the capitalists rigged the system at the expense of the poor. Again.
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #109
IrezumiKiss
All You Need Is Fuck
 
IrezumiKiss's Avatar
 
IrezumiKiss is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Forbidden City
Posts: 45,892
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Yeah, I'm sweating it big time...I'm so fucking worried I think I'll borrow some of your fat little fingers to chew on:
EWWWWWWW.



Dude, I have nothing against people who swing that way, but you fucking leave me out of your homoerotic fantasias, okay? You folly? I ain't about that life.
__________________
Latrevo ta me gala stithi! • "Viva big hips, lips, and tits!" — luxey313 • "Long live real tits." — LadyAria

"When men worship me because of my breasts, I feel that I am an embodiment of the goddess that has become...a part of our collective human soul." — Chloe Vevrier

Irezumi's Atelier of Illustrated Libidinous Debauchery (Formerly The Ranch of Raunch) <----now SINDEXED for your viewing pleasure!

TRIBUTES:
Belle Morte 5/1/08

  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #110
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
And the reason for that is the whore Thatcher sold off council houses and wouldn't allow the revenue to be used to build more. Consequently the price of houses sky-rocketed and the only people that benefited were house builders that poured millions in to tory party coffers. In other words, the capitalists rigged the system at the expense of the poor. Again.
~~~

You are so sorry assed fucking stupid it amazes me...in socialist engoland the free enterprise system has any power at all?

It is all in your fucking community planners, rules and regulations, let the market system work and you will have affordable housing...keep it as it is and only the bureaucrats profit...

double dumb ass...


amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #111
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulaven_Demorte View Post
Professor Amicus is handing out essay assignments to the RWCJ crowd now?

It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.
~~~

Hw nice of you to refer to me by the proper Title...an accident?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #112
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar View Post
I just found it hilarious that when amicus is accused of being a hypocrite, his response is, in essence, "Nuh-huh, you don't know that! I might be a LIAR. So HA!"

Because that's... better?
~~~

The absolutely totally anonymous Liar does not disclose his diseased little country, a single thing abut his beliefs and never takes a stand on any issue....has the audacity to....

and you got it all wrong...it was the attacking idiot that made the assumptions, not I...pointing out the possibliity that you are a lilly livered pinko pussy liberal does not make me culpable but it puts you under suspicion...

heh


amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #113
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
You're old and you just had a very expensive medical procedure thanks to socialist taxpayer-funded Medicare. You're just a reality denier and a hypocrite of the worst sort. Not only does a socialist medical system work, it works for you. You can't deny it in any kind of rational fashion so you're here trying to deny it in an irrational fashion.
~~~

You are a paraplegic in a wheel chair with a colostomy bag because your asshole is so badly abused it doesn't work, and an urine bag, because your pecker rotted off with the HIV in your system, and bald because of the chemo.

Paints a really purdy pix of u, don't it...

I can make up even better stories than you, I get paid for doing it...

dumbshit

amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #114
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~
I can make up even better stories than you, I get paid for doing it...

dumbshit

amicus

You've talked about being old for years.

You've talked about having many grandchildren for years.

You've talked about suffering physical maladies for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
I retired some years back...the mind still sharp, so I think, but the body weak, I abused it mightily over the years.
And that was in 2009. You're retired, way over age 65, and on Medicare you lying sack of dog shit. And you're on social security too.

And probably Medicaid you Marxist piece of crap.

Last edited by mercury14 : 03-09-2013 at 10:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #115
njlauren
Literotica Guru
 
njlauren is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
The essential characteristic of effete liberalism is that it lacks any foundation to address an issue, save personal attack.

Look at the slime so far and smile; that is the best they can do.

I have asked before and I ask again to any leftwing snot around; pick an issue, any issue, state it, explain it and defend it.

You can't.

Pussies...

I have acquired a sailboat and hope to put it in the ocean this summer, but lost an eye to a detached retina...thus I am now a one eyed, one horned flying purple pussy eater...heh

amicus
Really? Funny part is, want to know what 85% of the country thinks conservative means? Absolutely nothing, they have no ideas, other then the 1950's were the golden years and we need to bring those times back again, when men were men, women and everyone else knew their place, and jobs ran like the river denial...*gag*. What is ironic is all the conservatives, they with their mantle of following the cross of Jesus, was one of the most unchristian people on the face of the earth. According to Rand, business owners were god, and if they wanted to pay their workers 50c an hour, so be it, if they wanted to keep all the wealth for themselves, that was their right, and everyone else was a parasite feeding off of them. What you don't both to realize, Amicus, is I can almost guarantee you that Rand saw you as a parasite, too, since it is very unlikely you ever did anything to create wealth or new ideas., probably some lunch bucket type who spent too many years belonging to the John Birch Society
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #116
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by njlauren View Post
Really? Funny part is, want to know what 85% of the country thinks conservative means? Absolutely nothing, they have no ideas, other then the 1950's were the golden years and we need to bring those times back again, when men were men, women and everyone else knew their place, and jobs ran like the river denial...*gag*. What is ironic is all the conservatives, they with their mantle of following the cross of Jesus, was one of the most unchristian people on the face of the earth. According to Rand, business owners were god, and if they wanted to pay their workers 50c an hour, so be it, if they wanted to keep all the wealth for themselves, that was their right, and everyone else was a parasite feeding off of them. What you don't both to realize, Amicus, is I can almost guarantee you that Rand saw you as a parasite, too, since it is very unlikely you ever did anything to create wealth or new ideas., probably some lunch bucket type who spent too many years belonging to the John Birch Society
~~~

First off, cockcheese, eighty five percent of Ameicans is a fabrication in your tiny little mind, there is no such agreement or disagreement on ahything by that large a percentage, you just made it up. Quite like the remaineder of your rant, typical left wing liberal progress dirt bag analysis of things they and you know nothing about.

Rather than understand the free market and how it regulates, without force, without coercion, wages and prices, you prefer the heavy hand of the police state to enforce laws concerning econmic activity which is always diastrous.

But you are so fucking dumb, you never ever learn. Socialism, communism fails everywhere with haman suffering and misery as companions, compulsory medicine and schools, forcing people to do what you fucking effete and smelly liberals see as right, is also always a fuck up with the worst schools and the worst medical system as a result.

To top it off, as the typical left wing snot game plan, you never announce and defend your cruel and inhuman way of life, socialism, you merely attempt, and fail, to criticize the only free and prosperous nation in the world.

fucking idiot go suck mao's tit

amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #117
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
You've talked about being old for years.

You've talked about having many grandchildren for years.

You've talked about suffering physical maladies for years.



And that was in 2009. You're retired, way over age 65, and on Medicare you lying sack of dog shit. And you're on social security too.

And probably Medicaid you Marxist piece of crap.
~~~

Hey, blowjob queen who sits around all day on the GB back and forth to porn clips, on the computer. imagine how little I care that you spend some time investigating my personal life and then lyint about it...you really have nothing better to do and we get that,you fucking moron.

You know notning of me as I know and do not want to know anything of you; your written word and the abject ignrance and sub human mentality tells me all I wish to know about your miserable existence.

Unlike you fucking stinky pussies who have nothing better to do than socialize and gossip about others, I actually deal with issues...if I did not, you would have nothing to do but smell each others armpits...you should thank me.

Are any of you sand niggers ever going to offer anything of substance concerning what you believe in? You never do, never have and never will because you are not verbose enough to express and defend it.

all ou ever do is criticize others and their ideas....how fucking lame is that...

would the truth be known you and your bitchesd want total and complete control over everyone, one the misbegotten belief that you will be one of those in control. You won't...you will be swallow in the maw of statism, an effete powerless puke whining yet again about the unfairness of life...

you miserable asshole, go die somewhere...


amicus
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #118
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,129
You realize her 85% statistic wasn't meant to be taken that literally, right?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #119
njlauren
Literotica Guru
 
njlauren is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,273
Amicus post is the typical blather, and it is such a run of literary diarrhea that the only thing you can do is use massive amounts of bleach and paper towels, very hard to give retorts to something all over the place.

If you look at demographics, you will realize something about the presidential election, that the angry people Amicus claims are 'real Americans" are primarily white, older voters from the south and Farm belt, and men, mostly from that region as well.

I loved how he clams that the free market produced jobs and houses galore, that socialized countries cannot do. Germany is a social democratic country, and it is one of the strongest economies in the world, they have national health care, and they are often seen as a model of a modern state run well. Canada has national health care, and their people are healthier then in the US, and their economy for the most part is in better shape then ours..and need I say, our economy was taken down by "Capitalists", we were told the people in the banking and financial sector knew what they were doing, that as Ayn Rand would tell you (or her disciple, Allen Greenspan), that they act rationally, and they laid an egg that stank up the stratosphere and is still crippling us.

More importantly, people like Amicus love to talk about how capitalism and free markets made the milk and honey flow, that the 1950's were so great because of laissez faire capitalism, and that is a load of shit. For one thing, the prosperity of the 1950's in no small part was thanks to the government, the GI Bill and VA mortgages meant that for the first time, millions of millions of people could go to college or trade school and improve their lot in life (before WWII, going to college was a luxury that relatively few could afford, less then 10% of the population had a college degree). Houses likewise were out of range of many people in the working and middle class, VA mortgages made that happen as well. The building of the interstate highway system and spending on research, thanks to the cold war, led to the later tech boom, most high tech things we take for granted, the transistor, the integrated circuit, you name it, were paid for by government spending. Not to mention that thanks to government recognition, unions helped people move into the middle class, unionized Blue collar workers for the first time in history could expect living wages, that would allow them to have a house and such, and an education for their kids, including college. He also leaves out, of course, because it is hard to claim otherwise, that many of the benefits we take for granted like health insurance, 8 hour work day, 5 day workweek, vacation and sick time, workers compensation and disability insurance, came out of collective bargaining, not from the goodness of GM 's heart (hint, they don't have one, despite what Mitt ROmney said)

More importantly, it leaves out that for the 1950s, the US had no competition, we were the only country left standing, after the devastation of WWII, so workers could demand and get decent wages as well, easy to have a boom when there is no competition.

What we have been seeing is the same capitalism at work, only this time the conservatives can't admit that. They love to talk about high taxes, regulation as what costs jobs, but in reality, it is what it always has, cheap labor. Jobs moved from the woolen mills up north down south to take advantage of a third world labor market (no unions, crooked politicians, no regulation, no environmental markets= dirt cheap labor and looking the other way at abuses). Well, guess what, it happened again, only now it is China, India, Vietnam, Malaysia et all. Republicans can yell until they are blue in the face, but the typical worker overseas makes 50c an hour, working 12 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week, no benefits, no time off, nothing, I heard one drawling idiot rep from down south saying how Chinese workers made a 'living wage' and how it was that american workers didn't want to work any more (hopefully he will get out of his nice,, cushy job and find out reality out there).

What is even more funny is that people like Amicus are the world's biggest hypocrites, because they live off the government, but claim it is others. Those solid fsrmers, who get 10's of billions subsidies and crop insurance or the 30 billion we spend subsidizing ethanol? The block grants and other transfers from the federal government, without which they couldnt' afford to do squat (one little fact: government spending accounts for about 9% of all education spending; in South Carolina and much of the south, it is about 25% federal, my state, about 2%). The 'red states', all these hardy individuals who get nothing from the federal government according to them, average almost 2 bucks back from Uncle Sam for every buck they send in my area? 65c......

Want an even better one? If Obama had half a brain, he would propose selling off all federally run power plants like the TVA and Washington Power authority to private power companies..wanns watch Mitch Mconnel turn red in the face? If it weren't for the TVA, the whole 'economic miracle ' down in the district with the auto firms probably would never have happened, under federal law those plants and much of that region gets power at the cost of production, which is a major federal subsidy, same with areas in Washington state and oregon (often represented by tea party types, go figure).

Then we have the old farts, who hold up their pathetic signs saying "no socialized medicine" and on the other side holding up "government, hands off my medicare" and bitch about freezes in SS COLA payments, while seeing that few other people are getting raises these days, and claiming that if we just cut welfare to those people, we could balance the budget.

notice another interesting one? Mitt Romney, despite what the military themselves say, wanted to increase defense spending (already at 700+ billion a year, more then the rest of the world combined).....want to know a dirty little secret? Has nothing to do with national security, and everything to do with politics. The military is a big, big booster to the economy in red states, especially down south and in the midwest, and a large portion of the defense bill is spending on things the military thinks we don't need. Military asks for 10 transports? They get 20, thanks to congressmen in the districts that build it. We are building large scale weapons systems for a war not likely to happen...some estimates of defense spending estimate that as much as 50% of the defense budget is political pork, and look at where those plants are..you got it, tea party/GOP base territory. We have some ridiculous number of bases in this country, that were built to house and train a standing army and so forth of many millions, today the military is a fraction of what it was, but the bases remain. Why? Cause in many places, those bases are the economic lifeblood of the area, without it, they would be poorer then poor. They closed Fort Monmouth in NJ, meanwhile, and it is being turned partially into a park, and part of it is becoming new housing and new businesses, economically losing the base is causing the economy to grow; do that in Biloxi, Mississippi and all you would see is a ghost town.

Put it this way, claiming the only people who vote for Obama are people dependent on the government is bogus. The whole northeast, that in general gets back a lot less from the feds then we pay, went for Obama, and even in my county, where the GOP could count on getting 80% of the vote, Romney got a little over half the voters, and most of those who voter for him were older white males......

Your type are grasping at straws, trying to promote an ideology that will soon be as dead as you are, once the older generations die out that ayn rand foolishness will be gone, because you have to be pretty bloody blind, uneducated and stupid to think it ever had any basis in reality. The relationship between government, the people and business is quite complicated, and claims that business alone can do everything or necessarily the right thing, is ludicrous. We had two major economic disasters in this century, both of them promulgated by people who claimed business knew best, that government should get out of the way.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #120
Liar
now with 17% more class
 
Liar's Avatar
 
Liar is online now
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 8th floor
Posts: 37,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~

The absolutely totally anonymous Liar does not disclose his diseased little country, a single thing abut his beliefs and never takes a stand on any issue....has the audacity to....
Oh, you mean the country with privatized social security, charter schools, no estate tax and no minimum wage?
__________________
stuf...mor stuf
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #121
njlauren
Literotica Guru
 
njlauren is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,273
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=43496573#post43496573

Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~

First off, cockcheese, eighty five percent of Ameicans is a fabrication in your tiny little mind, there is no such agreement or disagreement on ahything by that large a percentage, you just made it up. Quite like the remaineder of your rant, typical left wing liberal progress dirt bag analysis of things they and you know nothing about.

Rather than understand the free market and how it regulates, without force, without coercion, wages and prices, you prefer the heavy hand of the police state to enforce laws concerning econmic activity which is always diastrous.

But you are so fucking dumb, you never ever learn. Socialism, communism fails everywhere with haman suffering and misery as companions, compulsory medicine and schools, forcing people to do what you fucking effete and smelly liberals see as right, is also always a fuck up with the worst schools and the worst medical system as a result.

To top it off, as the typical left wing snot game plan, you never announce and defend your cruel and inhuman way of life, socialism, you merely attempt, and fail, to criticize the only free and prosperous nation in the world.

fucking idiot go suck mao's tit

amicus
There was a poll recently , giving people terms and asking them what they thought about them, and a large majority of responders gave that response in terms of what they felt conservative meant these days. Thanks to the GOP pandering to the ultra right fringe, they have given conservative that meaning.

I do understand the free markets, a lot better then you do, I don't get my information from Faux News or from the local redneck members of the tea party, I got it from having dual master's degree in management with significant training in economics. For the record, I am no socialist or communist, the problem with people like you is you believe the GOP when anything they don't like becomes "communism". Demand economies don't work right, for a lot of reasons, and free markets and such do work....but not perfectly.

The problem is, that free markets are not perfect, they don't work, and without some sort of balance to them, capitalist systems don't self regulate, they self destruct. In the late 1990's people like Larry Summers and Sandy Weil pushed to deregulate the financial industry, with the backing of people like Phil Gramm and the University of Chicago school of economics (specifically Allen Greenspan, of that esteemed institute and head of the Federal Reserve). They argued that these institutions would self regulate,that they would act in their own rational interest..and the 2008 meltdown was the result, among other things, the meltdown in the financial/investment banking sector took down the retail banking, because thanks to the changes in rules in the late 90-'s, banks were playing blackjack with serious capital. Greenspan testifying in congress had his head in his hands, and said something to the tune that he was flabbergasted about how bad they had screwed up, about how wrong he was.

The problem is that those running the show in free market capitalism get lazy, they look for get rich quick schemes, or they try methods not condusive to fair and free markets to get ahead, and they are big enough that self regulation doesn't work. The people who were all so eager to send jobs to china and make huge profits off of cheap labor, have suddenly discovered that if they pay some coolie 50c an hour to produce the goods, who is going to buy it? (Henry Ford was castigated for paying his workers 5 bucks a day, then a really good wage, he said he wanted his people to be able to afford his product). Companies naturally try for monopolies, which restrict competition, or will use unfair pricing or other methods to force people out of work. Companies these days care more about stock price then dividends, so they do everything they can to please stock analysts, which means they also end up doing things like cooking the books to make it look like they are profitable when they aren't, or lay of 10,000 workers to make themselves more profitable, then find out they can't get good quality out of the crap they outsourced to China. Self regulation doesn't work, because what you end up with is a shattered economy. If you know how to read, did you ever read anything about the 19th century and what the impact was of the many financial panics that were created by robber baron capitalism, just how bad it was?

Government is the only thing that is large enough to put in rules to try and keep the markets fair , to keep things running right. Not to mention that government is willing to do things the beancounters who run businesses do, which is spend money on research. I love talking to the tea party morons and giving them questions like 'Who invented the transistor"..some will know it was bell labs, or say IBM, but won't know Uncle Sam paid for it. I ask them who invented the integrated circuit and the CPU chip, usually say IBM or Intel (once again, paid for by Uncle Sam). I ask them who created the internet, and after giving me their farmer sam chuckle "why, I do believe it was Al Gore " hee-haw, they then say IBM or ATT (Darpa funding, TCP/IP was done on a 30 grand grant, Darpanet itself cost about 100k), fiber optics, carbon fiber, advanced plastics, flat screeen LCDs, the hard drive, all were developed with research money from Uncle Sam, the biggest investor in research. On the other hand, government businesses like the TVA have revitalized regions that were poor cesspools, if it weren't for the CCC tree belt the southern lumber industry wouldn't exist, and so forth. Banks for years whined about FDIC regulation and having to pay the insurance, but in private, they will tell you if it weren't for FDIC, no one would put their money in their banks, businesses love to bitch and moan about regulation, but will also admit that without it, it would be very difficult to stay in business, they would have to spend time and resources policing others in the industry, instead of focusing on their business.

At least I have stated facts, the reality of things, all you come out with is ad hominem attacks. You can claim all you want, but all I have seen from you is generalities, bomb thrower, calling others names, the only name I can call you is a good one, an empty suit, your facts come out of right wing talk show radio and are laughingly false. You are like much of the tea party, you throw out slogans and ill thought out half truths and claim they are factual, and they aren't, not by a longshot.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #122
JackLuis
Literotica Guru
 
JackLuis's Avatar
 
JackLuis is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La La Calif
Posts: 7,342
I see your trying to make new friends, Ami. Good for you, but get some new material, this isn't working, is it?
__________________
JackLuis-

Here My Stories

The Horny Springs Saga continues.

My New Best Friend, for our VE's


Fiction writers are just liars with typing skills.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #123
IrezumiKiss
All You Need Is Fuck
 
IrezumiKiss's Avatar
 
IrezumiKiss is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Forbidden City
Posts: 45,892
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
eighty five percent of Ameicans

disagreement on ahything

Quite like the remaineder of

laws concerning econmic activity which is always diastrous.

everywhere with haman suffering
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
and then lyint about it

You know notning of me

and the abject ignrance

all ou ever do

you and your bitchesd










Stay struggling, Popeye.
__________________
Latrevo ta me gala stithi! • "Viva big hips, lips, and tits!" — luxey313 • "Long live real tits." — LadyAria

"When men worship me because of my breasts, I feel that I am an embodiment of the goddess that has become...a part of our collective human soul." — Chloe Vevrier

Irezumi's Atelier of Illustrated Libidinous Debauchery (Formerly The Ranch of Raunch) <----now SINDEXED for your viewing pleasure!

TRIBUTES:
Belle Morte 5/1/08

  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #124
Ulaven_Demorte
Non-Prophet Organization
 
Ulaven_Demorte's Avatar
 
Ulaven_Demorte is online now
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Altered State
Posts: 26,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicus View Post
~~~

Hw nice of you to refer to me by the proper Title...an accident?
You obviously lack the ability to detect sarcasm among your other, more egregious failings.

Professor of Bigoted Dumbassery perhaps.
__________________
Men are expendable; women and children are not. A tribe or a nation can lose a high percentage of its men and still pick up the pieces and go on… as long as the women and children are saved. But if you fail to save the women and children, you've had it, you're done, you're through! You join Tyrannosaurus Rex, one more breed that bilged its final test. - Robert Heinlein, "The Pragmatics of Patriotism"

"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #125
amicus
Loves Spam
 
amicus's Avatar
 
amicus is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wandering in search of the elusive Muse.
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by njlauren View Post
There was a poll recently , giving people terms and asking them what they thought about them, and a large majority of responders gave that response in terms of what they felt conservative meant these days. Thanks to the GOP pandering to the ultra right fringe, they have given conservative that meaning.

I do understand the free markets, a lot better then you do, I don't get my information from Faux News or from the local redneck members of the tea party, I got it from having dual master's degree in management with significant training in economics. For the record, I am no socialist or communist, the problem with people like you is you believe the GOP when anything they don't like becomes "communism". Demand economies don't work right, for a lot of reasons, and free markets and such do work....but not perfectly.

The problem is, that free markets are not perfect, they don't work, and without some sort of balance to them, capitalist systems don't self regulate, they self destruct. In the late 1990's people like Larry Summers and Sandy Weil pushed to deregulate the financial industry, with the backing of people like Phil Gramm and the University of Chicago school of economics (specifically Allen Greenspan, of that esteemed institute and head of the Federal Reserve). They argued that these institutions would self regulate,that they would act in their own rational interest..and the 2008 meltdown was the result, among other things, the meltdown in the financial/investment banking sector took down the retail banking, because thanks to the changes in rules in the late 90-'s, banks were playing blackjack with serious capital. Greenspan testifying in congress had his head in his hands, and said something to the tune that he was flabbergasted about how bad they had screwed up, about how wrong he was.

The problem is that those running the show in free market capitalism get lazy, they look for get rich quick schemes, or they try methods not condusive to fair and free markets to get ahead, and they are big enough that self regulation doesn't work. The people who were all so eager to send jobs to china and make huge profits off of cheap labor, have suddenly discovered that if they pay some coolie 50c an hour to produce the goods, who is going to buy it? (Henry Ford was castigated for paying his workers 5 bucks a day, then a really good wage, he said he wanted his people to be able to afford his product). Companies naturally try for monopolies, which restrict competition, or will use unfair pricing or other methods to force people out of work. Companies these days care more about stock price then dividends, so they do everything they can to please stock analysts, which means they also end up doing things like cooking the books to make it look like they are profitable when they aren't, or lay of 10,000 workers to make themselves more profitable, then find out they can't get good quality out of the crap they outsourced to China. Self regulation doesn't work, because what you end up with is a shattered economy. If you know how to read, did you ever read anything about the 19th century and what the impact was of the many financial panics that were created by robber baron capitalism, just how bad it was?

Government is the only thing that is large enough to put in rules to try and keep the markets fair , to keep things running right. Not to mention that government is willing to do things the beancounters who run businesses do, which is spend money on research. I love talking to the tea party morons and giving them questions like 'Who invented the transistor"..some will know it was bell labs, or say IBM, but won't know Uncle Sam paid for it. I ask them who invented the integrated circuit and the CPU chip, usually say IBM or Intel (once again, paid for by Uncle Sam). I ask them who created the internet, and after giving me their farmer sam chuckle "why, I do believe it was Al Gore " hee-haw, they then say IBM or ATT (Darpa funding, TCP/IP was done on a 30 grand grant, Darpanet itself cost about 100k), fiber optics, carbon fiber, advanced plastics, flat screeen LCDs, the hard drive, all were developed with research money from Uncle Sam, the biggest investor in research. On the other hand, government businesses like the TVA have revitalized regions that were poor cesspools, if it weren't for the CCC tree belt the southern lumber industry wouldn't exist, and so forth. Banks for years whined about FDIC regulation and having to pay the insurance, but in private, they will tell you if it weren't for FDIC, no one would put their money in their banks, businesses love to bitch and moan about regulation, but will also admit that without it, it would be very difficult to stay in business, they would have to spend time and resources policing others in the industry, instead of focusing on their business.

At least I have stated facts, the reality of things, all you come out with is ad hominem attacks. You can claim all you want, but all I have seen from you is generalities, bomb thrower, calling others names, the only name I can call you is a good one, an empty suit, your facts come out of right wing talk show radio and are laughingly false. You are like much of the tea party, you throw out slogans and ill thought out half truths and claim they are factual, and they aren't, not by a longshot.
~~~

First off, you can not base a statement on a poll, as you stated in your opening.

However, I do appreciate the time and effort you put into this piece even though you are totally wrong about almost everythng and exagerrated the rest.

I would and have, happily discuss or debate in a pleasant mannered atmosphere, but most of the GB people do not perform that way.

I don't know where you got your inormatin about pnp and npn transistors but it was private enterprise, not governemtn that made the transition from vacuum tubes to transistors and solid state electronics.

Your CCC and WPA, instead of making matters better, made them worse, the depression continued right up until december 7, 1941 when Pearl Harbor was bombed...the war economy finally put people to work. Unemployment in 1939-40 remained as high as it was from '32 to on, following the government caused stock market crash. CCC having men dig holes and fill them in again...as work..

Had you mentioned a few classical economists from Austrian school, I would give your opinions, and that is all they are, on free market mechanics, a bit more weight.

Almost every excuse you gave to criticize the free market comes from the Keynesian school of tinkering and meddling in the market which has always led to diaster and poor performance.

The recent financial and housing crisis is a direct result of government interventing in the mortgage industry as Uncle Sam wanted poor and minortiy buyers to get into the market so they created sub par loans which, just as predicted, failed and were not paid back.

Financial institutions tried to cover the government caused losses by 'bundling' mortgages in all kids of creative ways to counter government edicts concerning the banks and the market.

Labor uniions destroyed the automobile industry in the rust belt,just as it did in the textile industry and electronics. With such high labor costs, American products could not compete on the open market, thus the rush to find cheaper labor overseas.

You may hate Walmart, but it serves the vast majority of buyers with limited budgets who cannot afford union made, high price producs.

Greenspan got blind sided by government agencies and bureaus that wanted no part of deregulation and thus countered his every move. Secondly, the market does not operate in a vacuum, one part of the finacial market cannot be deregulated without the entire sector and those sectors dependent upon it, are deregulated at the same time.

There are no monopolies in a free market if property laws and rights are protected. The crux of the matter is not greedy businesses and corporations, but corrupt public officials, judges and courts, who, like in the middle east, demand, baksheesh, or bribes for business and corportations to function. In addition the rapid increase of license fees, rules and regulations, especially since the sixties and the environmentalists that saddled industry with tremondous costs, destroyed the timber and mining industry, stopped the constructin of electric power plants and all exploration and development of petroleum products.

Darepa, the internet, began at Stanford University, not under a government grant. Yor are clever enough to realize that government creates nothing, but can steal from some and give to others and come up with the IPCC and the global warming hoax of bought and paid for scientists and researchers.

Government woprkers are people just like everyone else, no better than people in business and industry and even less dependable as they are forbidden to use their intellect and forced to functin according the instructions in the books they must follow.

The WPA and the Rural Electification Program, both were and are abject failures in the market place, requiring subsidies from government, money stolen from those profitable utilities and given to those that do no make a profit, to continue in business. They also require union wages be paid which drives the cost of the product even highter making them less and less profitable.

Your Keynsian mixed market economy simply does not work even on paper. and, if you truly studied ecomomics in college and comprehend the economic models they teach by, you kknow that the end result is higher cost, and lower quality.

We could exchange anecdotes about the market place for days and never agree, been there done that with some of the best...not here, of course.

So, I usually set aside the statistical fight and move to the moral aspects of the market place, free or forced....ah, you erred early on, it is not a 'demand' market, but a 'command' market you intended to refer to/ A command market is a controlled market as in Fascism or National Socialism or Communism, all birds of the same feather, jsut different flavors.

A free market can only exist in a nation that guantees the freedom of the people and the right to own and dispose of property as the indivudal or the association of individuals,, corporations, see fit.

It must also be a country of laws, where contract law is upheld as well as property rights and intellectual rights, none of which exist in a command market.

The moral imperative for a free market is a free people. Even the tinkering Keynesian concepts begin to limit freedom to act in the market place and as such, change the market for the worse, not the better.

If your history includes a study of the National bank system as it developed you might recall the battle that went on before and during a Presidential election in which the entire banking system was shut down.

The true difficulty in the financial system is rooted in the fiat money that replaced the gold standard and a precious metal monetary system.

I understand and criticize the 'bean counters' that are necessary to wade through the thousands of laws and reguluations before business can be conducted. That maze also adds cost to the final product and the public pays more.

There are some inventrions and discoveries funded by government, but not the ones you point out. Those that produced military weapons and technology in secret and confidence, keeping the market out of the loop, are considered essential to the protectin of the natin and that is authorzed by the Constitution.

Your fiddling with the market, even though you believe it works, is not authorized, in fact is forbidden by our basic laws.

I am pleased to carry on a converstatin at any level you wish on any subject you choose, but this is way over the heads of the pornsters on this board and not worth my time or effort.

It is the obscene philosophy of socialism, parading as liberalism that I detest and will fight every inch of the way.

Thank you for a mannered response...

I remain...


amicus
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.