Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
frankcastle74
Virgin

Looking for an editor

Hello,
I sorta fall into that "long time listener, first time caller" category. I've been into sex stories since I first discovered "newsgroups" in the old dial up days. I've been an avid reader on this website for a few years and decided, what the hell, why not give writing one a shot.

I created a female persona and created a history as well as a "first experience" in interracial sex story and I would like to find someone to work with in order to bring this character to light. As of right now I am only interested in writing interracial sex and group sex stories and would like to find someone with similar taste in writing or editing.

Thank you for you time and consideration. Anything else you wanna know, reply or email me through my profile

Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru

When looking for an editor it helps to enable your PMs on the site.

Also, as a past volunteer editor I can honestly say that I prefer the story to be complete before I go in and do a read through. This could be because I prefer to do copy edits - meaning your story is complete and you just need basic grammar and spelling checks that your own eyes might miss.

You may be better off asking for a collaborator rather than an editor. Someone you can shoot ideas back and forth to develop a story for this character.

Just my thoughts.
My Stories | AH profile | SRP Profile
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?
The FAWCking authors have been revealed! Did you guess them right?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
frankcastle74
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkeyButt View Post
When looking for an editor it helps to enable your PMs on the site.

Also, as a past volunteer editor I can honestly say that I prefer the story to be complete before I go in and do a read through. This could be because I prefer to do copy edits - meaning your story is complete and you just need basic grammar and spelling checks that your own eyes might miss.

You may be better off asking for a collaborator rather than an editor. Someone you can shoot ideas back and forth to develop a story for this character.

Just my thoughts.
Honestly, I thought PM's would have already been on. I'll look into that for sure.

As far as I can tell, I have a completed story (at least in my eyes it's complete, but that's why I'm looking for someone for a little assistance) but I just want someone to help out to see if the story reads well, makes sense and whatnot. Or, even a collaborator would be nice. Something to get me started and on the run.

Thanks for the input and reply.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcastle74 View Post
Honestly, I thought PM's would have already been on. I'll look into that for sure.
Yeah, there's a little check box in your User CP options somewhere that you have to check in order to turn them on. Mainly because it gives people another way to contact you, and you can set it up to alert you through your email address so you don't miss a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcastle
As far as I can tell, I have a completed story (at least in my eyes it's complete, but that's why I'm looking for someone for a little assistance) but I just want someone to help out to see if the story reads well, makes sense and whatnot. Or, even a collaborator would be nice. Something to get me started and on the run.

Thanks for the input and reply.
This is my mistake. I read your initial post as you having a character and history, but not a completed story. I apologize if I sounded a bit snippy. You might also get a few more bites if you let people know how long (how many words) the story is. It lets the editors know if they will have the time to take it on.

Honestly, depending on the length and content, I could take it on for you. If it's less than 8k words and doesn't have anal involved, send me a PM or email and I should have it turned around before Tuesday.
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
frankcastle74
Virgin

Quote:
Yeah, there's a little check box in your User CP options somewhere that you have to check in order to turn them on. Mainly because it gives people another way to contact you, and you can set it up to alert you through your email address so you don't miss a PM.

This is my mistake. I read your initial post as you having a character and history, but not a completed story. I apologize if I sounded a bit snippy. You might also get a few more bites if you let people know how long (how many words) the story is. It lets the editors know if they will have the time to take it on.

Honestly, depending on the length and content, I could take it on for you. If it's less than 8k words and doesn't have anal involved, send me a PM or email and I should have it turned around before Tuesday.

Ok, cool. I can submit tomorrow after 3pm. I'm in no hurry so please by all means take your time. Your doing me a favor so just take it easy, no rush.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru

I don't know why, but I can't seem to respond to your PM... I'm not really comfortable putting my email up on here outside of a PM, so if you could send me another one with your email I'll get in touch with you that way. Sorry this is so inconvenient.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #7
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I don't know why, but I can't seem to respond to your PM... I'm not really comfortable putting my email up on here outside of a PM, so if you could send me another one with your email I'll get in touch with you that way. Sorry this is so inconvenient.
E-mail addresses in posts are against forum guidelines anyway.

A Little Girl's Legacy by JaeLynn Topper

Pay It Forward ~ by JaeLynn Topper (begins halfway down the page)

My Page
My Blog
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo