Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Poetry Feedback & Discussion

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
sunandshadow
Cocksnail!

Educational book about elements of poetry?

My younger brother has been writing a lot of poems recently but his English classes didn't teach much about the different kinds of rhyme and alliteration, or the different meters and forms. Can anyone recommend a book which explains and gives example poems for each of these things?
I was wondering why I was having trouble getting inspired to continue an erotic story I've been working on. Then I noticed my shampoo bottle said: "Herbal Essences Drama Clean: I'm so good I'll put clean thoughts in your head!" And I thought well, clearly I need to get some new shampoo if this one's washing away all my nice dirty thoughts!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Tristesse2
chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
My younger brother has been writing a lot of poems recently but his English classes didn't teach much about the different kinds of rhyme and alliteration, or the different meters and forms. Can anyone recommend a book which explains and gives example poems for each of these things?
I can recommend The New Book of Forms by Turco and In Fine Form by Kate Braid and Sandy Shreve.

Good luck to your brother, it's great to hear of the younger generation interested in this neglected art.