Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #26
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby
 
TE999's Avatar
 
TE999 is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: www.blindate.com
Posts: 30,066
I always got a laugh out of a line from a movie (I forget which one) when the girl says to the guy who's flashing her at a party "Gee, _____, that looks like a penis, only smaller."
__________________
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused.

Never be led astray into the paths of virtue.

Artists are misunderstood. Not by people, but by themselves.

Life is but active anguish in a context of flux.

"Popularity is not whether people like you, it's how many people would like you to like them." Anon.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." Ambrose Bierce

"When my ugly ol' car won't climb the hill, I'll write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill." 'Heavy Fuel' Dire Straits

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun ..." 'Only the Good Die Young' Billy Joel

TE's stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #27
TimothyM
Really Really Experienced
 
TimothyM is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Just a note that discussions like this need to be compartmented. To hard core gay males, measurements are known and expected in stories, and size matters (and not just in stories).
Yeah size matters - but I still think some of the best GM male writers manage to convey this without actual numbers getting involved (e.g. podga). And others (including you I guess) use measuring descriptions in a way that feels natural in the context.

But I still prefer 'long and thick' to '10 inches long and 2 across'

In any case the original post of this thread didn't complain about using numbers to describe a cock - but about not getting the difference between diameter and circumference right. I'm sure we all agree that if a writer does use inches etc to describe the lenght and width, it should at least be accurate ?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,349
I didn't post that I use measurements a lot. I don't. I posted that there were categories in which measurements are welcomed. I identified hard core gay male, but I think that Stella is right--that there are a large number of male readers/writers of straight stories who like to see the measurements too--both male and female. That would seem to be fairly obvious by looking over the stories posted to Lit.

I think this is just another one of those threads where female writers of a certain technique are telling us what all other writers--and readers--should want to read or write.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
GinaeEvans
Literotica Guru
 
GinaeEvans's Avatar
 
GinaeEvans is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: It varies throughout the day.
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I didn't post that I use measurements a lot. I don't. I posted that there were categories in which measurements are welcomed. I identified hard core gay male, but I think that Stella is right--that there are a large number of male readers/writers of straight stories who like to see the measurements too--both male and female. That would seem to be fairly obvious by looking over the stories posted to Lit.

I think this is just another one of those threads where female writers of a certain technique are telling us what all other writers--and readers--should want to read or write.
Nah. Write what you feel, write what you what. But if you post it for the public, expect commentary.
__________________
I don't cyber, guys. I'm here to write and socialize. Sorry.

I don't dislike you. I nothing you.

I am a cunning linguist.

"Will you step into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
Cruel2BKind
Things Fall Apart
 
Cruel2BKind's Avatar
 
Cruel2BKind is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I think this is just another one of those threads where female writers of a certain technique are telling us what all other writers--and readers--should want to read or write.
Pesky females, it was better when they had to get a man's permission to talk on these here interweb threads!!!

Okay, I'll stop.
__________________
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


These be my stories, if you be interested!

Most are gay male, though I have two that are straight, and one that is a How to.

I tend to go for the darker stuff... But people seem to like it okay!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel2BKind View Post
Pesky females, it was better when they had to get a man's permission to talk on these here interweb threads!!!

Okay, I'll stop.
Yes best get out of the way of pilot's broad brush. You know the one he says everyone else uses?

It does seem strange here how so many women write gm and hoe many men write lesbian

Then both are blasted for not knowing what they're talking about

Just curiour there is the lipstick lesbian porn for m
Men so what is the gm equivalent called?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,298
Quote:
Just curiour there is the lipstick lesbian porn for m
Men so what is the gm equivalent called?
"lipstick lesbian porn," for men? I'm not sure what you mean by that?

GM for women is generally called "slash." If there were a "lipstick" version of gm for women, it would be called "Lipstick slash."
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,349
Fun to see who is just waiting to pounce on anything I post.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel2BKind View Post
Pesky females, it was better when they had to get a man's permission to talk on these here interweb threads!!!

Okay, I'll stop.
The OP was slugged as a "tip for writers." This falls in the realm of telling other writers how they should write. That it's more often than not a female writer doing this is not a surprise to me.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
Cruel2BKind
Things Fall Apart
 
Cruel2BKind's Avatar
 
Cruel2BKind is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Yes best get out of the way of pilot's broad brush. You know the one he says everyone else uses?

It does seem strange here how so many women write gm and hoe many men write lesbian

Then both are blasted for not knowing what they're talking about

Just curiour there is the lipstick lesbian porn for m
Men so what is the gm equivalent called?
Equivalent is basically emo boys.

A lot of women (that I know, not speaking for everyone) find their love of MM sex through 'yaoi' which is japanese for 'boy love' It's a type of graphic novel (manga). It is often very young feminine men acting cute and angsty. Acting like overwrought female virgins. whenever it comes to sex. So a lot of the fiction that appeals to women in GM is basically this comic form put into writing. Lot of angst, lot of skinny young boys who get mistaken for girls.

This fiction has it's place, but I try not to follow it's example.

I love yaoi myself, but I hate the angsty no-sex stuff. It's a great medium, with some great entries.
__________________
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


These be my stories, if you be interested!

Most are gay male, though I have two that are straight, and one that is a How to.

I tend to go for the darker stuff... But people seem to like it okay!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #36
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel2BKind View Post
Equivalent is basically emo boys.

A lot of women (that I know, not speaking for everyone) find their love of MM sex through 'yaoi' which is japanese for 'boy love' It's a type of graphic novel (manga). It is often very young feminine men acting cute and angsty. Acting like overwrought female virgins. whenever it comes to sex. So a lot of the fiction that appeals to women in GM is basically this comic form put into writing. Lot of angst, lot of skinny young boys who get mistaken for girls.

This fiction has it's place, but I try not to follow it's example.

I love yaoi myself, but I hate the angsty no-sex stuff. It's a great medium, with some great entries.
Oh manga! I sold a ton of that when I had the comic shop. Never read any but the descriptions on some of it was enough I had to keep it away from the kids

I kept shonen jump around for them
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #37
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel2BKind View Post
Pesky females, it was better when they had to get a man's permission to talk on these here interweb threads!!!

Okay, I'll stop.
Way to purposely misinterpret what someone said.

No one's talking about needing or giving permission. But the OP was basically: here's a tip for writers, stop specifying the measurements of a guy's cock. Now I myself don't specify, don't care if the story I'm reading specifies, and I shake my head at the ridiculous proportions sometimes described. But I wouldn't tell anyone to write my way.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #38
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,349
Yes best get out of the way of pilot's broad brush. [taken from the quote in Cruel's post]

Lovecraft68 doesn't bother to let the actual thread get in his way in plunking away at his agenda.

It was the OP making a sweeping generalization. What I did was post that this wasn't a "one size fits all" issue. The OP was using one brush--I was pointing to the can of brushes that can be used here.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #39
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Way to purposely misinterpret what someone said.

No one's talking about needing or giving permission. But the OP was basically: here's a tip for writers, stop specifying the measurements of a guy's cock. Now I myself don't specify, don't care if the story I'm reading specifies, and I shake my head at the ridiculous proportions sometimes described. But I wouldn't tell anyone to write my way.
I agree about silly proportions but I think that is another difference between porn and erotica. Erotica its fine to hint at. The strokers want to know exactly how much cock the female can take
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #40
Cruel2BKind
Things Fall Apart
 
Cruel2BKind's Avatar
 
Cruel2BKind is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Way to purposely misinterpret what someone said.

No one's talking about needing or giving permission. But the OP was basically: here's a tip for writers, stop specifying the measurements of a guy's cock. Now I myself don't specify, don't care if the story I'm reading specifies, and I shake my head at the ridiculous proportions sometimes described. But I wouldn't tell anyone to write my way.
I just thought it was amusing the way he worded it. No anger or frustration on my part.
__________________
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


These be my stories, if you be interested!

Most are gay male, though I have two that are straight, and one that is a How to.

I tend to go for the darker stuff... But people seem to like it okay!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel2BKind View Post
I just thought it was amusing the way he worded it. No anger or frustration on my part.
And certainly no effort to start a fight either, I'm sure. Otherwise you would have been snotty.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #42
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I agree about silly proportions but I think that is another difference between porn and erotica. Erotica its fine to hint at. The strokers want to know exactly how much cock the female can take
Erotica can use specificity too -- it would depend on the author and the story. You may find less specificity in erotica, but that doesn't mean it's never used. And I've read erotica, or stories that are more than just stroke stories, that do specify such things.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #43
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
"lipstick lesbian porn," for men? I'm not sure what you mean by that?
"Lipstick lesbian" = a lesbian who cultivates a feminine appearance. Basically "femme", but when I've heard it there usually seems to be negative baggage attached: either "straight woman playing gay for money/attention" or "sneaky lesbian pretending to be straight by not having a crew-cut like she ought".

I assume LC is talking about the former.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #44
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
"Lipstick lesbian" = a lesbian who cultivates a feminine appearance. Basically "femme", but when I've heard it there usually seems to be negative baggage attached: either "straight woman playing gay for money/attention" or "sneaky lesbian pretending to be straight by not having a crew-cut like she ought".

I assume LC is talking about the former.
Maybe they have crew-cuts over in Oz but here they usually have short cute haircuts. Although there are exception to even that. One i know and have know for ages, has long hair down to the top of her ass. Not to mention boobs out to here and an ass to die for. She has more curves than the law allows or my brain can contemplate in one sitting.
__________________
New Story: A New Beginning 07/17/14 E/V

New Story: Decorations 07/11/14 Incest

Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #45
Spacefender
Literotica Guru
 
Spacefender's Avatar
 
Spacefender is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaeEvans View Post
I think the whole number description thing ought to be kept to a minimum anyhow. It's awkward to read prose wrought with sudden lists of numbers. Especially inaccurate ones.
Couldn't agree more. Generally, I find specific measurements to be off-putting. From what I've seen most writers who use measurements reduce their characters to a set of numbers instead of actually describing and exploring the characters. When I see cock measurements and cup sizes being mentioned I usually hit the back button.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
"Lipstick lesbian" = a lesbian who cultivates a feminine appearance. Basically "femme", but when I've heard it there usually seems to be negative baggage attached: either "straight woman playing gay for money/attention" or "sneaky lesbian pretending to be straight by not having a crew-cut like she ought".

I assume LC is talking about the former.
I know what lipstick lesbian means to lesbians-- I'm wondering what "lipstick lesbian for men" means to LC.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #47
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
I know what lipstick lesbian means to lesbians-- I'm wondering what "lipstick lesbian for men" means to LC.
I had Lipstick Lesbians explained to me by Vella in Vellanese.

As for the other, I don't think he even has a clue.
__________________
New Story: A New Beginning 07/17/14 E/V

New Story: Decorations 07/11/14 Incest

Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #48
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Maybe they have crew-cuts over in Oz but here they usually have short cute haircuts.
I was commenting on a stereotype, not on how real lesbians wear their hair - plenty of options here too.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #49
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
"Lipstick lesbian" = a lesbian who cultivates a feminine appearance. Basically "femme", but when I've heard it there usually seems to be negative baggage attached: either "straight woman playing gay for money/attention" or "sneaky lesbian pretending to be straight by not having a crew-cut like she ought".

I assume LC is talking about the former.
Yup, I am pretty much talking about for lack of a better term, "porn star" lesbians and that goes over like a lead brick to a lot of "real" lesbians
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #50
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
I know what lipstick lesbian means to lesbians-- I'm wondering what "lipstick lesbian for men" means to LC.
I'm wondering what the GM equivalent is to "lipstick lesbians" its a straight up question.

I'm thinking of all the GM book covers with these ridiculous studs with the six packs, socks in their jeans and looking like they walked off GQ would those be considered the same as lipstick lesbians?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.