Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
KethKessel
Experienced

Question New to site.....

I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse, think Edgar Allen Poe with modern twist. I do have some lighter stuff. All my poetry does not deal with erotica or sex, some of it has to do with dating and over coming craptastic relationships or out distancing myself from those relationships. Should I post here or try another venue?
Any and all feedback would be helpful....Thank you in advance.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
SweetOblivion
Really Experienced

You can post on the board, but you'll do better to post via the literotica/members/submissions php. That way your wares will be available to all to review.

Be warned - you will find that only a limited number of people who will comment - much less than 1% of those who read in my experience. However, these comments will generally be very encouraging. We don't tend to get many anonymous comments who have a wish to run down other people's poetry, unlike some of the other prose submission sections of lit.

You can post non-erotic poetry, including romance and lost love and damning love to hell, although most of the readers seem to be interested in the erotic and the number of people who read non-erotic seems from my experience to be much more limited.

Anyways - I wish you well in your poetic endeavours and look forward to seeing your first submissions here - Sweet Oblivion

Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
KethKessel
Experienced

Thank you just need to get them out there and see what people think been writing for a while now just not erotica love to read it though.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison

You've made a great start through participating in our forum challenge threads. The five senses poetry is a great source of inspiration for many poets here. You can start a vanity thread featuring your poetry, just try to avoid posting more than 3 in a row per day since you risk overburdening any so-inclined commentors with a posting glut of your pieces. As well, if you flash submit a large number of poems to the Literotica archives you may find people won't read any of your work as they are overwhelmed with numbers.

Please share, though. I, for one, enjoy reading different poets (but not all at once ).

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
KethKessel
Experienced

Smile

Thank you very much, I am still digging out my poetry from years past and some I will post others might take sometime. Thank you again for the sound advise.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
bronzeage
I am a river to my people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KethKessel View Post
I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse, think Edgar Allen Poe with modern twist. I do have some lighter stuff. All my poetry does not deal with erotica or sex, some of it has to do with dating and over coming craptastic relationships or out distancing myself from those relationships. Should I post here or try another venue?
Any and all feedback would be helpful....Thank you in advance.
Most of the the poetry found on this site is in the non-erotic category, though sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference. This is as good a venue as any.

We get many people who will post either on the discussion board, or the poetry forum and never participate in any other way. If you want comments or feedback on your poetry, the best way is to lurk a while and learn who are the active posters on the poetry discussion boards. When you engage people, they pay more attention.

Lesbian Schoolgirl Enema Bondage, Something for everyone.
"Mama help me. I'm looking at a naked blue eyed man." Good clean fun with the Shower Girl.
Security provided by a well armed dancing peanut.

Quote:
Originally posted by LostBaby
My beloved is perfect. He is strong, smart, well read, can & will do anything, tender, and totally adores me. The only thing that could make him better is if he was freak'n wealthy beyond words.
On the floor of a small room near the city wall, they found the source of the many fragments of wisdom this civilization had left the world.http://bronzeageworks.blogspot.com/

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
KethKessel
Experienced

Talking

Wow thank you...dont like to troll but I can lurk lol

Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #8
twelveoone
ground zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KethKessel View Post
I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse,
morse?
as in code?
c'mon
how can morse code be dark?
...off
...maybe

do you mean Norse?
as in dark and Norse?

like the saga of Eric the Red and the Queen of Sheeba?

too late

Tzara already did that
alliterative verse in Swahili