Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #276
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
It's not really that funny. Congress is so dysfunctional that it can't confirm an ATF director. Obama made the exective order to highlight an issue that probably 1% of Americans were aware of. .Again, not funny,
It is funny last 4 years at any time Obama could of said hey we need someone to run the atf but guess his golf game was more important.
O wait he did pick someone the Democrats at the time wouldn't confirm him
He must truly be a fuck up.
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #277
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 125,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
It is funny last 4 years at any time Obama could of said hey we need someone to run the atf but guess his golf game was more important.
O wait he did pick someone the Democrats at the time wouldn't confirm him
He must truly be a fuck up.
His problem is he's tied to Fast & Furious. The ATF is probably lucky it isn't being defunded after that bullshit.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #278
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
For those intellectual midgets who can't read:

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/full/p...protection.pdf

(e) Section 2717 of the Public Health Service Act, as
18 added by section 1001(5) of this Act, is amended—
pages 2037-39.

You're misunderstanding, Vette. Here's what the article says:

1) Health and Wellness Programs cannot require people to disclose their gun ownership details. So the Medicare-reimbursed water aerobics program at your senior center can ask you if you have a gun on the application but you're free to not answer.

2) The government cannot use data gleaned from patient records to create a database on patient gun ownership.


Any questions?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #279
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
His problem is he's tied to Fast & Furious. The ATF is probably lucky it isn't being defunded after that bullshit.
Someone should asked Obama about that today
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #280
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
It is funny last 4 years at any time Obama could of said hey we need someone to run the atf but guess his golf game was more important.
O wait he did pick someone the Democrats at the time wouldn't confirm him
He must truly be a fuck up.
Obama has had a nominee for the past four years but Mitch McConnell has been filibustering the entire time. The NRA heavily lobbied for the filibuster and they got it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #281
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
You're misunderstanding, Vette. Here's what the article says:

1) Health and Wellness Programs cannot require people to disclose their gun ownership details. So the Medicare-reimbursed water aerobics program at your senior center can ask you if you have a gun on the application but you're free to not answer.

2) The government cannot use data gleaned from patient records to create a database on patient gun ownership.


Any questions?
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."
That's executive orders
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #282
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Obama has had a nominee for the past four years but Mitch McConnell has been filibustering the entire time. The NRA heavily lobbied for the filibuster and they got it.
the Democrats controlled Congress Obama's first 2 years
So again the person must really be a fuck up.
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #283
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."
That's executive orders

What point are you making here other than Vette has everything exactly backwards?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #284
cjh
. . .
 
cjh's Avatar
 
cjh is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 31,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
What point are you making here other than Vette has everything exactly backwards?
That it's outrageous that health care providers should report ideations of violence to law enforcement if the patient possesses a weapon.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #285
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
the Democrats controlled Congress Obama's first 2 years
So again the person must really be a fuck up.
The Democrats had a supermajority in the Senate from Obama's late January inauguration until Kennedy's brain cancer permanently knocked him out of the senate in May. Stop saying it was two years, that's just a RW lie. It was four months and the Traver nomination wasn't underway then. Traver wasn't a bad candidate, Conservatives and the NRA just didn't want Obama to be able to appoint anyone so McConnell filibustered.

"Every nominee deserves an up or down vote"

- Mitch McConnell

The hypocrisy and dishonesty of this man makes me sick.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #286
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh View Post
That it's outrageous that health care providers should report ideations of violence to law enforcement if the patient possesses a weapon.
We're legally bound to do so since Tarasoff.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #287
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
What point are you making here other than Vette has everything exactly backwards?
He doesn't have everything just half is backwards
With that said still no reason to dog pile him like everyone does every day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh View Post
That it's outrageous that health care providers should report ideations of violence to law enforcement if the patient possesses a weapon.
Why a lawyer can't do it.
So why should a health care person be able to
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #288
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
The Democrats had a supermajority in the Senate from Obama's late January inauguration until Kennedy's brain cancer permanently knocked him out of the senate in May. Stop saying it was two years, that's just a RW lie. It was four months and the Traver nomination wasn't underway then. Traver wasn't a bad candidate, Conservatives and the NRA just didn't want Obama to be able to appoint anyone so McConnell filibustered.

"Every nominee deserves an up or down vote"

- Mitch McConnell

The hypocrisy and dishonesty of this man makes me sick.
OK fine we'll go with four months
Still a fuck up
So the hypocrisy and dishonesty of Obama doesn't make you sick
Remember what he said about bush and the debt limit now the shoe on the other foot it's fine.
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #289
cjh
. . .
 
cjh's Avatar
 
cjh is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 31,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
He doesn't have everything just half is backwards
With that said still no reason to dog pile him like everyone does every day.




Why a lawyer can't do it.
So why should a health care person be able to
Posts like yours are why rabid gun afficianados come off as nuts.

http://www.wyomingbar.org/bar_journa...le.html?id=115
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #290
koalabear
~Armed and Fuzzy~
 
koalabear's Avatar
 
koalabear is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: over there----->
Posts: 102,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
In a nutshell, under Obamacare you can’t be required to provide information to doctors or health plans about legally owned guns, nor can your insurance rates be affected by such ownership. The government, in the execution of Obamacare, cannot collect information about or use information from other government databases about legally owned guns.

http://wizbangblog.com/2013/01/10/ob...-registration/
*views post* Watches cowards run and hide.
__________________
GBers are like Bran Muffins, not much substance, yet they produce a lot of shit. "^^"
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #291
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
Why a lawyer can't do it.
So why should a health care person be able to
Actually you're wrong, lawyers fall under Duty to Warn/Duty to Protect Tarasoff laws just like medical and mental health professionals.

Say a person in therapy tells their couselor that they're going to go home tonight and abduct 2 year old Sally Smith who lives next door and do something unspeakable. It's okay with you if the therapist says "okay, well then same time next week?" Or do you think the therapist should have to act?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #292
BotanyBoy
Heey maaaan!!
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 11,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Once again I ask, what in the mother fuck does the "Gun control advocate" crowd hope to accomplish by banning rifle body kits??? Where are they getting the idea ergonomic grips/stocks/bayonet lugs/grenade launcher mounting barrel profile and mounting points some how makes a semi auto somehow more powerful than any other semi auto??

Do they think banning 4 ft wings and ghey neon lights on Honda Civic's will prevent street racing?


Mmmmhmmm...
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #293
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 125,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
*views post* Watches cowards run and hide.

There's some hard heads around here, eh?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #294
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 26,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh View Post
That it's outrageous that health care providers should report ideations of violence to law enforcement if the patient possesses a weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
We're legally bound to do so since Tarasoff.
And not just legally.
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #295
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 26,645
Look, does anybody here really think impeachment is appropriate or would go anywhere?
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #296
koalabear
~Armed and Fuzzy~
 
koalabear's Avatar
 
koalabear is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: over there----->
Posts: 102,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
There's some hard heads around here, eh?
I think you broke MORON"s heart. Now he has only alts to talk to.
__________________
GBers are like Bran Muffins, not much substance, yet they produce a lot of shit. "^^"
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #297
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Actually you're wrong, lawyers fall under Duty to Warn/Duty to Protect Tarasoff laws just like medical and mental health professionals.

Say a person in therapy tells their couselor that they're going to go home tonight and abduct 2 year old Sally Smith who lives next door and do something unspeakable. It's okay with you if the therapist says "okay, well then same time next week?" Or do you think the therapist should have to act?
I can't answer that question I don't know anything about said person that's a judgement call based on that person.
He could be bullshitting I'm not therapist.

I answered your question go ahead act like you don't see my question
So the hypocrisy and dishonesty of Obama doesn't make you sick
Of course it doesn't.
because you're dishonest and a hypocrite yourself
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #298
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is online now
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 29,232
Wait. . . I thought I was Moron? You need to get more nicknames if you can't respect us enough to call us by our handles stupid bear.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #299
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 80,831
Watching the rwcj suck each other off while ignoring any form of reality is just...I don't know what it is, tbh.
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #300
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 26,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
Why a lawyer can't do it.
If a client tells me he has committed a crime, I am obliged to keep that a secret (unless the client consents to my revealing it). If a client tells me he is planning to commit a crime, or I reasonably believe he might, I am obliged to reveal that, probably to the police, depending on circumstances. Yes, that's in the rules of ethics.

Florida Bar Rules of Professional Conduct:

RULE 4-1.6 CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION

(a) Consent Required to Reveal Information. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to representation of a client except as stated in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), unless the client gives informed consent.

(b) When Lawyer Must Reveal Information. A lawyer shall reveal such information to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary:

(1) to prevent a client from committing a crime; or (2) to prevent a death or substantial bodily harm to another.
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by KingOrfeo : 01-16-2013 at 08:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.