Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests > Survivor Contest > Survivor Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #126
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonurotic View Post
Got a question on multi chapter stories, that they are not allowed unless they're Novels/Novellas or Chain Stories. My question is that I have a story that is divided into different parts. Each part is a stand alone story, they can be read one at a time as an date/encounter and it would be a complete story or the parts can be read one after the other for more sexual encounters of the same characters. Is this permissible to submit them for Survivor or not?
No. As long as the stories involve the same two characters, they are considered to be parts of a longer story, even if each part can stand on its own. If you vary the stories enough, they might get by. If two people have sex in one story and, in the subsequent story they are two parts of a threesome or get involved in an orgy, those might be considered two separate stories.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #127
Neonurotic
cafe oooh latte
 
Neonurotic's Avatar
 
Neonurotic is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
No. As long as the stories involve the same two characters, they are considered to be parts of a longer story, even if each part can stand on its own. If you vary the stories enough, they might get by. If two people have sex in one story and, in the subsequent story they are two parts of a threesome or get involved in an orgy, those might be considered two separate stories.
Ah. Ok, thanks Box. And no, my story doesn't fit it looks like if I have successive parts. I can however, include at least one of the parts of the story for Survivor since it does stand alone.
__________________
Neo Classic Subs
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #128
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru
 
RedMonkeyButt's Avatar
 
RedMonkeyButt is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great Nation of Texas
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
No. As long as the stories involve the same two characters, they are considered to be parts of a longer story, even if each part can stand on its own. If you vary the stories enough, they might get by. If two people have sex in one story and, in the subsequent story they are two parts of a threesome or get involved in an orgy, those might be considered two separate stories.
Not to split hairs or anything...

But what if the story is a part of a series of unconnected stories? Each story has different characters and each story can stand on its own, but they all have a similar theme? By theme, I'm thinking fetish or something because writing the same acts over and over again is just boring...
__________________
You never know how strong you can be, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Soon, nobody'll believe you even existed.
Honey badger doesn't give a shit!
My Stories | AH profile | SRP Profile
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?
The FAWCking authors have been revealed! Did you guess them right?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #129
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkeyButt View Post
Not to split hairs or anything...

But what if the story is a part of a series of unconnected stories? Each story has different characters and each story can stand on its own, but they all have a similar theme? By theme, I'm thinking fetish or something because writing the same acts over and over again is just boring...
That should be okay, as long as they are not what are called template stories. That is the same story repeated, but with the names of the characters changed. After all, most of the stories in E/C have similar themes, and so do a lot of other stories, even by different authors.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #130
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru
 
RedMonkeyButt's Avatar
 
RedMonkeyButt is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great Nation of Texas
Posts: 1,107
OK. I was just wondering because Neo's post reminded me of a series I started. I haven't submitted it yet because they all have to be edited and such, but I wanted to make sure. And I can't do templates. It's the whole, I just wrote this and now I'm writing it again, thing.
__________________
You never know how strong you can be, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Soon, nobody'll believe you even existed.
Honey badger doesn't give a shit!
My Stories | AH profile | SRP Profile
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?
The FAWCking authors have been revealed! Did you guess them right?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #131
SusanJillParker
Really Really Experienced
 
SusanJillParker's Avatar
 
SusanJillParker is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 346
Oops, sorry, I think I posted my question to the wrong thread. Here it is again.

Question.

So long as I post the complete story, can I break the story up into chapters and still have it count in the survivor contest?

I have two stories, one that's more than 30,000 words and another that's more than 45,000 words.

So long as I post all 30,000 and all 45,000 words of the stories as one entry, can I still breakup the sections into chapters, so that the reader can better follow the story?

The chapters, of course, will not be separate but will be within the whole story and posted as one entry.

Then, in looking over the rules and information of Survivor, am I right in understanding that, so long as each chapter is a minimum of 7,500 words and so long as I only post it to Novels, that I can break up my large stories into mulitple submissions?

The only exception would be, of course, if one of my stories was a Nude Day contest entry, which it is. Then, I'd have to post the entire story for it to count as a valid Nude Day entry.

Just my opinion but, with the rules changing every year, this Survivor contest, even with me having competed in the contest, since 2007, is overly complicated.

Just wondering out loud, but whatever happened to writing stories and posting stories? Just a thought, perhaps, next year, the Survivor contest should have the same rules as Literotica has in submitting stories. Truly, I have a better chance of understanding the IRS tax code than I do the Survivor contest rules.

Thanks for your reply.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #132
SusanJillParker
Really Really Experienced
 
SusanJillParker's Avatar
 
SusanJillParker is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 346
Never mind. Thanks for all your help. I reread the rules and found my answer.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #133
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Worst Survivor move ever:


RedHairedandFriendly changing her Immunity Number 5 mths into the game from 9 to 5.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #134
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quick question and if it's been asked my apologies.

Two entries in the Halloween Contest - only one counts as the contest entry for the five points and the other can be placed where I want it in regards to the category it fits - correct?

So if I put my Review/Essay in the contest spot on my scorecard, I can place my other entry in the Loving Wives category - correct. And my score won't change if my Loving Wives one were to win over my Review/Essay (cough - neither will win - I'm being hypothetical.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #135
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
Quick question and if it's been asked my apologies.

Two entries in the Halloween Contest - only one counts as the contest entry for the five points and the other can be placed where I want it in regards to the category it fits - correct?

So if I put my Review/Essay in the contest spot on my scorecard, I can place my other entry in the Loving Wives category - correct. And my score won't change if my Loving Wives one were to win over my Review/Essay (cough - neither will win - I'm being hypothetical.
Even if it has been asked before, it's worth repeating. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, one will get the five points for that and the others can be included in whatever category they fit. If you are entering more than one story, it might be worth your while to delay allocating them to theme contest entry and categories until the deadline for entries has passed. I have written one story in EH, which has not posted yet, and I have another in Gay Male. My GM category is full to the first cap so, if I finish the Pauletta story in time, that will be the one placed in the theme contest slot and the EH story that should have posted by then will go to EH.

I wouldn't complain too much about lack of lack of Survivors hits. You have six so far, and I see you have been covering them all by finishing categories to the first cap.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #136
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
Even if it has been asked before, it's worth repeating. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, one will get the five points for that and the others can be included in whatever category they fit. If you are entering more than one story, it might be worth your while to delay allocating them to theme contest entry and categories until the deadline for entries has passed. I have written one story in EH, which has not posted yet, and I have another in Gay Male. My GM category is full to the first cap so, if I finish the Pauletta story in time, that will be the one placed in the theme contest slot and the EH story that should have posted by then will go to EH.

I wouldn't complain too much about lack of lack of Survivors hits. You have six so far, and I see you have been covering them all by finishing categories to the first cap.
I shall keep the allocating thing in mind, and place them after the deadline entry date has come and gone.

I'm not complaining really - I'm more annoyed with my luck. I'll take my six and be thrilled with them, but those others would have been nice to. Just makes me like the number nine more and more and the number five less and less, but you know if I changed back I'd be screwed the other way.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #137
BuckyDuckman
Not one of the cool kids
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,896
I'm a bit confused about multiple chapter stories. I have a couple stories I've submitted as stand-alone stories to help fill a category on the Survivor contest. Since submitting those stories, my muse had been encouraged to write follow-up stories based on the original. (Sequels, chapters, call them what you will.)

I get that chapter stories are not allowed - but does writing and posting a sequel to a story I've counted on my Survivor Scorecard invalidate the original entry?

If so, then I'm forced to consider one of a couple choices:
1) Write the sequel, lose the points from the original story and hope I can recapture those points with a new submission between now and the end of the contest.
2) Tell my muse to shut the fuck up.

Both answers feel draconian to me, so I'm guessing I'm misinterpreting rules.
__________________
Now giving even less of a fuck than ever before. That's right, nearly 50% less fuck giving!

My stories.

Last edited by Boxlicker101 : 10-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #138
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Good question - I'd say write them and submit in January, that way you don't have to worry about any possible disqualification from the folks running the show. But I'm not an official person, so don't quote me on any of that and wait for the real folks to chime in.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #139
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
So I realized that one story in the contest is already capped so I'll place it in the contest slot and the other isn't so I'll place it in the corresponding category. I'm too impatient to fill out my card to wait till the end of the contest submission date.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #140
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
I'm a bit confused about multiple chapter stories. I have a couple stories I've submitted as stand-alone stories to help fill a category on the Survivor contest. Since submitting those stories, my muse had been encouraged to write follow-up stories based on the original. (Sequels, chapters, call them what you will.)

I get that chapter stories are not allowed - but does writing and posting a sequel to a story I've counted on my Survivor Scorecard invalidate the original entry?

If so, then I'm forced to consider one of a couple choices:
1) Write the sequel, lose the points from the original story and hope I can recapture those points with a new submission between now and the end of the contest.
2) Tell my muse to shut the fuck up.

Both answers feel draconian to me, so I'm guessing I'm misinterpreting rules.
The difference between sequels and chapters in an ongoing story can be pretty tricky. If enties are labeled as chapters, that's what they are considered to be. If a couple enjoys a great night of sex and a story ends there, and another story starts when they wakw up in the morning and enjoy more of the same, that would be considered to be two chapters of a story, even though either could stand by itself.

After that, it gets trickier. If that same couple gets together again and does essentially the same things they did before, that would be part of an ongoing story, in other words, another chapter. However, if they attend an orgy together, or even a threesome, I would call that enough of a change to qualify it as a different and separate story.

Of course, I do not really have the final say in such things.

The reason for the rule about chapters is that, a few years ago, somebody entered the contest and wrote several rambling stories and cut them up into segments of about 1,000 or fewer words. These were labeled as chapters and entered separately. This really cheapened everything the rest of us were doing. Many of us were writing long stories and breaking them into segments of 6,000 or so words, and these were chapters also, but long enough to be something on their own.

Most of us take enough pride in our craft, and I do not want to imply you don't, that we write the best stories we can, and winning contests is secondary, at best.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #141
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
So I realized that one story in the contest is already capped so I'll place it in the contest slot and the other isn't so I'll place it in the corresponding category. I'm too impatient to fill out my card to wait till the end of the contest submission date.
That's the way to do that. If a category is capped, you can still write a story in that category and count it as a contest entry, assuming it gets accepted. Other stories can be entered in the theme contest and allocated to different categories on your scorecard.

If I ever finish the gay male story I am writing, I will be doing that. It will be listed as a contest entry, while the other story I have entered, an erotic horror tale about a vampire, will go to the EH category.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #142
BuckyDuckman
Not one of the cool kids
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
The difference between sequels and chapters in an ongoing story can be pretty tricky. If enties are labeled as chapters, that's what they are considered to be. If a couple enjoys a great night of sex and a story ends there, and another story starts when they wakw up in the morning and enjoy more of the same, that would be considered to be two chapters of a story, even though either could stand by itself.

After that, it gets trickier. If that same couple gets together again and does essentially the same things they did before, that would be part of an ongoing story, in other words, another chapter. However, if they attend an orgy together, or even a threesome, I would call that enough of a change to qualify it as a different and separate story.

Of course, I do not really have the final say in such things.

The reason for the rule about chapters is that, a few years ago, somebody entered the contest and wrote several rambling stories and cut them up into segments of about 1,000 or fewer words. These were labeled as chapters and entered separately. This really cheapened everything the rest of us were doing. Many of us were writing long stories and breaking them into segments of 6,000 or so words, and these were chapters also, but long enough to be something on their own.
Most of us take enough pride in our craft, and I do not want to imply you don't, that we write the best stories we can, and winning contests is secondary, at best.[/quote]

Thanks, Box. It IS a slippery slope. My list includes one story that's referential to another story. It hooks up a main character and a minor character from a previous chapter story. It IS a stand-alone story. The original chapters were accepted as "group sex" (prior to the contest). The new story involves just two women and its lesbian sex. Does it toe the lines you mention? Depends on the reader, I guess. However, it doesn't seem to meet your suggested test.

That said... I'm leaning towards taking my own advice, namely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
2) Tell my muse to shut the fuck up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
Most of us take enough pride in our craft, and I do not want to imply you don't, that we write the best stories we can, and winning contests is secondary, at best.
It's not about winning. I accepted the challenge of the Survivor contest for two reasons.
1) Challenge my muse to think outside the box and write in categories which she otherwise wouldn't consider.
2) Challenge my muse to be more productive

She'll just have to suck it up.
__________________
Now giving even less of a fuck than ever before. That's right, nearly 50% less fuck giving!

My stories.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #143
ugonadi
Virgin
 
ugonadi is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
am honey

Gender: I'm a Female, so stick with the male roles.

Age: I'm 20, so prefer to stay closer to with any age, and never below 18.

Orientation: Bisexual

Power Exchange: I don't know a whole lot about it, but have been told I have a somewhat dominant personality. Always willing to try, but will generally stick with equal power, or somewhere in there.

Race: I'm white, so tend to stick to that.

Bodytype: Check my profile picture at http://princewillwebdesign.com/myphotoweb.htm

Alternate species/fantasy races/furries/mutations: I don't do a whole lot of this, but I can do werewolves and that, but tend to just stick with humans.

Settings: I love medieval and current times. That being said, I am open to really any time as long as it is talked about.

Likes/kinks: Pretty open, but some favorites are anal, oral, BDSM, massages, lots of sexual tension leading to mind-blowing sex, really anything if we talk first.

Hard limits: Any kind of toilet play, rape, non-con, a few others.

Availability: With school starting, times will change a bit, but generally I will be on in the evening. I can usually be reached through PMs and YIM, or email if it is given.

Posting: I can write a lot in a post, or a little, depending on how my partner wants to write the story. I prefer details and developing characters as more than someone who wants sex.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #144
oOScarletWingsOo
Really Experienced
 
oOScarletWingsOo's Avatar
 
oOScarletWingsOo is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Southwest
Posts: 223
I have two illustrated submissions that have been pending for over 30 days. I haven't clicked on them since their initial submission (apparently that sends them back down the queue). I know that illustrated stories take longer to approve/post than normal submissions but this seems abnormal. Is there anything I need to do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #145
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOScarletWingsOo View Post
I have two illustrated submissions that have been pending for over 30 days. I haven't clicked on them since their initial submission (apparently that sends them back down the queue). I know that illustrated stories take longer to approve/post than normal submissions but this seems abnormal. Is there anything I need to do?
I'd send a PM to admin. if you haven't already. I think that's way too long for an illustrated submission. Perhaps something has gone wrong in the file uploads.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #146
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOScarletWingsOo
I have two illustrated submissions that have been pending for over 30 days. I haven't clicked on them since their initial submission (apparently that sends them back down the queue). I know that illustrated stories take longer to approve/post than normal submissions but this seems abnormal. Is there anything I need to do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
I'd send a PM to admin. if you haven't already. I think that's way too long for an illustrated submission. Perhaps something has gone wrong in the file uploads.
That is a long time to have to wait. When I have submitted either illustrated or audible work, either poems or stories, they have taken about three weeks. Have you gotten any notification from Laurel that the pictures have not arrived or ay other problem such as that?
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #147
oOScarletWingsOo
Really Experienced
 
oOScarletWingsOo's Avatar
 
oOScarletWingsOo is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Southwest
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
Quote:

That is a long time to have to wait. When I have submitted either illustrated or audible work, either poems or stories, they have taken about three weeks. Have you gotten any notification from Laurel that the pictures have not arrived or ay other problem such as that?
No. I haven't gotten any email notifications regarding the submissions. They both still show "pending".
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #148
oOScarletWingsOo
Really Experienced
 
oOScarletWingsOo's Avatar
 
oOScarletWingsOo is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Southwest
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
I'd send a PM to admin. if you haven't already. I think that's way too long for an illustrated submission. Perhaps something has gone wrong in the file uploads.
Okay. I will try that.

Thanks both of you ( to Box also)
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #149
Neonurotic
cafe oooh latte
 
Neonurotic's Avatar
 
Neonurotic is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,170
Dropping out of Survivor. *wipes scorecard
__________________
Neo Classic Subs
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #150
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 23,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonurotic View Post
Dropping out of Survivor. *wipes scorecard
That's your choice but, if you change your mind, you can return. I think you were in about 14th place, possibly in position to win the Amazon gift card but not cash.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.