Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #44626
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_D...ex#2011_report

Literally, none of the countries you mention have a higher standard of living. None of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)

Or GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Or by GDP per capita.

Last edited by Light Ice : 11-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #44627
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

Alright, a little obscure. But I'm trying to help you out, now.

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/...-output-capita

Manufacturing jobs per capita.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #44628
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

This one is funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lfare_function

Rank of countries listed by welfare rate by GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mployment_rate

Rank of countries listed by unemployment percentage.

Weird.

It'd like the more welfare you give out to people...

the higher your unemployment rate is.

Funny how those two tables look pretty much row by row mirrored.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #44629
LoganDarkHolme
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Ice View Post
This one is funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lfare_function

Rank of countries listed by welfare rate by GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mployment_rate

Rank of countries listed by unemployment percentage.

Weird.

It'd like the more welfare you give out to people...

the higher your unemployment rate is.

Funny how those two tables look pretty much row by row mirrored.
I will admit this, i am glad they passed the law requiring drug testing for benefits

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi
Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Expect anything from anyone. The devil was once an angel.

We are the fire.
The flames of ancient pagan blood
Lick our veins and flow like lava.
We can melt these icy days of ignorance
These centuries of conformity and submission.
With outstretched hands bearing Wisdom
We can thaw withered hearts
That huddle in the cold.

My Threads

Idle/Dead threads

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #44630
Miss_Vivi
Miss Behave

Light Ice, darling, I adore you, but you've simply watched too much Fox News.

An article for you. And it all boils down to this...

"The stronger and tighter Canadian safety net doubtless ameliorates true poverty better than its more porous American counterpart. More importantly, while it’s probably better to be rich and sick in the United States than the Great White North (or, at least, it would be if rich Canadians couldn’t simply come here whenever the felt like it) it’s certainly better to be poor and sick in Canada. Canadians don’t risk bankruptcy from catastrophic illness; Americans do."

Which basically means this for your conservative brain. You'll pay more honey, if we continue to let people fall through the cracks. Because the money for those ER visits cost taxpayers more than if we actually do things like preventative care. So sweetie, continue to throw those insults, but do remember...

My guy won.

I'll buy you a beer for you to cry in, sweetness. It'll be okay.

"She was perfect, pure maddening sex, and she knew it, and she played on it, dripped it, and allowed you to suffer for it.”
The Head Mistress is in.
SRP Profile

Last edited by Miss_Vivi : 11-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #44631
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganDarkHolme View Post
I will admit this, i am glad they passed the law requiring drug testing for benefits
I'm glad you're willing to admit what is blatantly obvious and factually sound. If you denied it, well, I think that I'd have to suggest the rest of us educated and successful types -really- take a good hard look at our perspective.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #44632
The_gladiator

LI, do you have a disability? do you know what it's like? go around without your eyesight for 25 fucking years and then come back to me and spout your bull shit about me being a liar. I'm not sure you'd know what to do without eyes, I'm not sure you could function. I'm not sure you could handle having to ask for help for things, to read things that aren't put in a format that you can't read, or locate groceries you need in a store. or ask people for rides everywhere for examples. It seems to me you'd not be able to function because you couldn't swallow your pride long enough to ask for help. Close your eyes and walk around your house, come back to me and tell me how many bruises you have, and I will laugh at you because you have no fucking clue what its like to have people look down on you because society sees you as different for a genetic condition I didn't fucking choose. I don't talk about this usually, its not common knowledge on the boards because its none of anyone's business. But yes I'm mentioning it now because your post did offend me. I'm not proud of needing help, but I do have fucking goals, I'm more than half way through my masters degree and I am going to have a career helping people. So don't you even say I don't have goals. The proof you asked about is, with a little help from schools and adapting things, I graduated high school with honors, I graduated undergraduate school with a decent gpa despite battling depression because I was treated like an outcast. and now I have a 3.95 GPA in graduate school. So you know what fuck you. I might have had to accept help to help level the playing field along the way but you know what I never took anything for granted and I never accept any help without a god damned mother fucking thank you.

thanks for reading,
have a nice day.

P.S. I'd just put your obnoxious ass on iggy but I happen to like your writing FML

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book
feel free to stop by and say hello

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads
Night and Shadows --(With Dark Empress)

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Last edited by The_gladiator : 11-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #44633
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

outside the beltway. An editorial column. Factually sound, I suppose. I mean, if we're going to start throwing editorials around...

www.foxnews.com

There you go. There's a few thousand articles that will more or less shit all over yours. They're no more factually accurate or intellectually sound, mind you, but since we're playing with opinions here that's not an issue. Right?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #44634
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

I'm glad that being blind makes you feel entitled to other people's money. That's, essentially, what you're arguing.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #44635
Miss_Vivi
Miss Behave

Quote:
outside the beltway. An editorial column. Factually sound, I suppose. I mean, if we're going to start throwing editorials around...

www.foxnews.com

There you go. There's a few thousand articles that will more or less shit all over yours. They're no more factually accurate or intellectually sound, mind you, but since we're playing with opinions here that's not an issue. Right?
Oh please, because linking to Wikipedia gets you ALL sorts of correct info.

Look, grow up okay?

Some people need help and no amount of "I'm white, male, educated, able bodied with access to money" will give you any credence in this conversation. It's the same one that the entire country just had and YOU FUCKING LOST.

Taking care of each other is more important than lining our wallets. And if I have to give up some of my money to prevent a family from being on the street, then I will. We all prosper together, or we don't at all.

So take your rants to the general board, have a beer and find some lady to fuck, and shut the hell up about it.

Good boy.

"She was perfect, pure maddening sex, and she knew it, and she played on it, dripped it, and allowed you to suffer for it.”
The Head Mistress is in.
SRP Profile

Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #44636
LoganDarkHolme
Lone Wolf

Quote:
I'm glad that being blind makes you feel entitled to other people's money. That's, essentially, what you're arguing.
wow, holy shit dude -.- you really are just on a fucking tear today arent you?

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi
Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Expect anything from anyone. The devil was once an angel.

We are the fire.
The flames of ancient pagan blood
Lick our veins and flow like lava.
We can melt these icy days of ignorance
These centuries of conformity and submission.
With outstretched hands bearing Wisdom
We can thaw withered hearts
That huddle in the cold.

My Threads

Idle/Dead threads

Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #44637
Nyte_mare
The Darkest Nightmare

I am not about to get in the middle of this topic of conversation... Too tired..

But my thought was just this, after reading Ice's post and others...

Perhaps (and again, I have not spoken to Ice about this at all).. his post is aimed more at the one's who take advantage of the system. We all know there are people who do that. Who have no right to be "claiming disability" or whatever just to collect a free paycheck, and hence use that money on beer, tattoos, and lottery tickets.

For me, those are the ones who piss me the hell off and who anger others, and make the system that is in place to help people who need it, look as if it is only providing for those "Losers"...

Just my quick two cents on what Ice wrote...

Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #44638
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Vivi View Post
Oh please, because linking to Wikipedia gets you ALL sorts of correct info.

Look, grow up okay?

Some people need help and no amount of "I'm white, male, educated, able bodied with access to money" will give you any credence in this conversation. It's the same one that the entire country just had and YOU FUCKING LOST.

Taking care of each other is more important than lining our wallets. And if I have to give up some of my money to prevent a family from being on the street, then I will. We all prosper together, or we don't at all.

So take your rants to the general board, have a beer and find some lady to fuck, and shut the hell up about it.

Good boy.
Yes, the Democratic Party won on its infamous and winning rhetoric of

"We will give you free money."

Which, really, is one hell of a question.

Do you want Health Care? You do?! Great! Well, here it is. PS, you don't have to pay for it. Those evil folks over there want you to pay for it! Hell, they want you to die in the streets without it!

Wow.

And, because you're apparently a moron, nobody ever asks the other questions because they're just very inconvenient. It's hard to feel good about free health care when you have to ask yourself questions like...

Wait, if I don't work and I don't earn any money, who is going to pay for this?

or

Wait, is it stealing to take something that isn't yours (like someone's time) and give them nothing for it?

Is it unethical to force people who have broken no laws to do something for other people simply because it's politically popular?

Is it legal?

Is there any Constitutional Basis for global healthcare?

What about Income Tax?

What will this do to our free market?

Will this chase the best and brightest medical professionals to other countries where they can be competitively compensated for their time?

What does this do to the incentive of working a grueling and demanding position?

And if the incentive of this goes down, doesn't the quality of the individual applying for this position go down?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #44639
The_gladiator

I'm surprised for such a smart guy you completely missed my entire fucking point...

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #44640
fr33ks33k
Mr. Dark and Brooding

Location: In the span between heartbeats...the eye of the needle...the second before sunrise...
"Here we go again, to Hell in a handbasket."

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got em. Except those few born without them."

"This seems like further proof that knowledge is the most irritating weapon."

Something's gotta give...and if it's not my spine it will surely be my spirit. I only pray the splinters will shatter in such a way that every passerby takes a second to revel in my wreckage....

In the space between the sands of time and making sense he scribbles thoughts half-made and half-mad. He has written all his mind away and been left half-alive and mostly dead. His spark is the maker's forge, burning bright and hot. His soul is the flame that guides lost travelers on their wayward paths. In his thoughts he is whole, he is home, he is free. If only this poor poet's mental world were true reality...

Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #44641
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gladiator View Post
I'm surprised for such a smart guy you completely missed my entire fucking point...
What was your point? That, because you're blind, you deserved my money and I should feel good about it because it gave you a leg up in the world? Well. Fuck you. I don't. For every jackwagon like you that I paid for and got something out of, I paid for over a hundred that sat around doing bath salts and impregnating teenage girls.

Sorry, pal, if I don't feel like that's incentive enough to justify giving you a hand out.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #44642
Daddi_DJ
Literotica Guru

Lt: Why do my "friends" continuously push the line???

Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #44643
The_gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte_mare View Post
I am not about to get in the middle of this topic of conversation... Too tired..

But my thought was just this, after reading Ice's post and others...

Perhaps (and again, I have not spoken to Ice about this at all).. his post is aimed more at the one's who take advantage of the system. We all know there are people who do that. Who have no right to be "claiming disability" or whatever just to collect a free paycheck, and hence use that money on beer, tattoos, and lottery tickets.

For me, those are the ones who piss me the hell off and who anger others, and make the system that is in place to help people who need it, look as if it is only providing for those "Losers"...

Just my quick two cents on what Ice wrote...
believe it or not, those individuals piss me off too because they give people like me a bad image.

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #44644
Miss_Vivi
Miss Behave

LI.

I'm bored with you. I mean all these great things about you, that great body, the amazing cock, your ability to make so many of us breathless and wanting... and here it is wasted.

sigh How boring you are, anymore.

This is the second night that I've been forced into listening to you rant. Please.

Cock or GTFO.

The Head Mistress is in.
SRP Profile

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #44645
The_gladiator

Quote:
What was your point? That, because you're blind, you deserved my money and I should feel good about it because it gave you a leg up in the world? Well. Fuck you. I don't. For every jackwagon like you that I paid for and got something out of, I paid for over a hundred that sat around doing bath salts and impregnating teenage girls.

Sorry, pal, if I don't feel like that's incentive enough to justify giving you a hand out.
no my point was that you have no idea what its like and couldn't function in my position.

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #44646
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

Anyway, I'm done. The fact I'm arguing with a blind man hasn't escaped me.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #44647
The_gladiator

Quote:
Anyway, I'm done. The fact I'm arguing with a blind man hasn't escaped me.
what's my being blind have anything to do with my ability to argue? this above anything might have been the dumbest thing you've said all night? what the fuck?

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #44648
choklatekoneko
Bad, Bad Kitty.

And...people are arguing.

Sighs.

|The THREADS|

Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #44649
VampiricTouch
Cold Selfish Bitch

I was actually quite amused by this conversation. Honestly, I don't follow politics. I'm getting to the point where I think I need to start. But. This is my gut feeling, without any real knowledge on either side of the issue.

I think I worked hard to get to where I was at. I've done relatively well, considering where I am in life, but I think I paid for that. I'm not white, and my parents weren't wealthy. Entertainment was banned from the house, and anything short of an A resulted in a beating. I went to a party school, but never saw a party. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had alcohol and I worked damn hard for the degrees in engineering I have.

I think people should be responsible for their own mistakes. If you decided to get pregnant while in school, and dropped out of high school, then you should also be expected to pay the price of not using birth control and irresponsibly bringing into this world a life you may or may not have the means to support.

If you decided to do drugs irresponsibly, get caught, get stuck with the record that goes with it, then you should pay the price of your stupidity.

If you decided to take on student loans, for a degree that had no job market, you need to accept the consequences of having a job where your degree was not necessary and your student loans might be heavier than you can sustain.

If you decided to overextend yourself, buy a house you can barely afford, not keep an emergency fund, lose your job, then the house? You deserved the consequences of your lack of foresight.

I don't particularly mind helping people that will help themselves. I'm not okay with helping idiots, or people who just want to be given the answer. Problem is, it's pretty hard to differentiate the two, and the idiots seem to eventually make us pay for it in some way or another.

You know... If Darwinism worked, intelligence would've been bred out of humanity by now.

P.s.
*And glad, I can walk around my house with my eyes closed, up and down the stairs, without bruises. Takes a little more thinking than normal, and I'm sure I'll stub a toe if i were sleepy. I'm liable to be blind some time later in my life, so I tried it. Just finished that walk around.

VT's OOC Story Proposals - Last updated Jan 5, 2013

Last edited by VampiricTouch : 11-20-2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: should keep my trap shut when I know so little... But

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #44650
The_gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricTouch View Post
.... I should keep my trap shut when I know so little...
try it around something like downtown cleveland next... haha.

I wasn't saying that it was that difficult I've lived that way my whole life, I'm saying that someone that hasn't lived it really don't understand and should maybe be careful about passing judgements... I was overexagerating just a bit what can I say... I was pissed off.

Thanks Thyri for the Av

My thread
Gladiator's Guest Book

My SRP Writers Profile

Current Threads

TK Anonymous member #24
my kink score is 633
50.6% pure.

Closed Thread