Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Online Role Playing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #6701
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsoftheWorld View Post
And chewing gum... all at once.
Damn, gurl.
__________________
 

Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #6702
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
/rant incoming

Ok, I just finished watching the World War Z trailer, and I have to say

what

the

eff???

Max Brooks wrote an amazing Zombie story about the survivors of a zombie Apocalypse. The zombies in Mr. Brooks book are the traditional slow type, like on Walking Dead.

These things in this trailer are on frikin Shadowrun spice crack!!!

Now, the movie looks cool. Just, for crying out loud, if your going to COMPLETELY change the enemy in the book, change the frikin name!!

I'll go see this (or rent it on uverse), I'm that big of a fan of the book, but damnit, why did they go all 28 days later???

/end rant
__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
 

Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #6703
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Having not seen the trailer nor read the book/experienced the audiobook, I can only assume they made the change because the fast moving zombies translate as more frightening in a visual format.

At least, they do to me.

(But I am British and Danny Boyle is my homeslice.)
__________________
 

Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #6704
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
oh fast zombies are a frikin nightmare.

at least slow ones you can outmaneuver, the fast ones just basically kill the world.
__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
 

Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #6705
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas Winterlight View Post
oh fast zombies are a frikin nightmare.

at least slow ones you can outmaneuver, the fast ones just basically kill the world.
You can outmaneuver them if you're Cameron Hicks or River Tam but otherwise you're frelled.
__________________
 

Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #6706
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.
 
Ahren's Avatar
 
Ahren is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,509
Yes because a bunch of fleshy, decaying corpses with no intelligence or weaponry will take out every military operation on Earth. That would definitely happen. They certainly wouldn't rot in the sun or freeze in the cold either. Not a chance.

Zombies are dumb.
 

Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #6707
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Someone's got the social skills of an untrained baboon ...........
 

Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #6708
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
Someone's got the social skills of an untrained baboon ...........
A's entitled to his opinion.

On the other hand, A, not everything that's scary is scary to everyone, and one man's dumb is another man's horrifying.

If there's one thing that defines the term "irrational," it's fear.

Hell, I used to be scared of everything. Still am, a little, but I've thankfully grown more functional in my old age.
__________________
 

Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #6709
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
A's entitled to his opinion.

On the other hand, A, not everything that's scary is scary to everyone, and one man's dumb is another man's horrifying.

If there's one thing that defines the term "irrational," it's fear.

Hell, I used to be scared of everything. Still am, a little, but I've thankfully grown more functional in my old age.
Yep, they sure do..... I'd have just hoped that on a social network one would figure a more politic way to express ones opinions is all.....
 

Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #6710
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
Yep, they sure do..... I'd have just hoped that on a social network one would figure a more politic way to express ones opinions is all.....
Ahren doesn't have time for that stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm scared crapless of lime-green construction vehicles and angel statues.
__________________
 

Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #6711
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
Ahren doesn't have time for that stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm scared crapless of lime-green construction vehicles and angel statues.
I'm not ascared a nothin anymore now that I got my ferocious guardian Pomeranian......... Be careful he might lick ya ta death.....
 

Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #6712
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
I'm not ascared a nothin anymore now that I got my ferocious guardian Pomeranian......... Be careful he might lick ya ta death.....
i have had those on my old route.

only dangerous from the knee down.
__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
 

Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #6713
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas Winterlight View Post
i have had those on my old route.

only dangerous from the knee down.
This one isn't even that dangerous ......... He's a lover boy ........
 

Old 11-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #6714
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
I know it sucks, but at the rate I'm going it'll be a few months before I'm able to get a post out in any of my RP threads.

I'll definitely be able to pop in and keep tabs on everything, but my energy and focus just isn't in writing.
__________________
 

Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #6715
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.
 
Ahren's Avatar
 
Ahren is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
Someone's got the social skills of an untrained baboon ...........
Heh..
 

Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #6716
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsoftheWorld View Post
I know it sucks, but at the rate I'm going it'll be a few months before I'm able to get a post out in any of my RP threads.

I'll definitely be able to pop in and keep tabs on everything, but my energy and focus just isn't in writing.
It does suck, but no-one's blaming you. Not ever.

Fucking Sandy.

Hang in there, gorgeous.
__________________
 

Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #6717
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
Great JLA cast

__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
 

Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #6718
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas Winterlight View Post
I am so damned out of the loop on hollywierd. I only recognize a few of them, and at least one I only know as his character. Dexter as Batman? See my dilema?
 

Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #6719
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
I can definitely see Lawrence Fishburne as J'onn.

Yeah. That would work.
__________________
"Winter is coming."

 

Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #6720
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Damnit damnit damnit........ Here I was mourning the lack of DCU threads to play in and then it hit me like a hammer as I was working on a dream character to play..... NCIS and the Lantern Corps....... It sort of hit me like "Ziva David, you are capable of instilling great fear..." and went on from there.... And then it kinda hit me as I thought about tonight's episode that it might be that Ziva might be wearing a red ring these days.... Anyone? Anyone?
 

Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #6721
LuckyVic
Literotica Guru
 
LuckyVic is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 15,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
Damnit damnit damnit........ Here I was mourning the lack of DCU threads to play in and then it hit me like a hammer as I was working on a dream character to play..... NCIS and the Lantern Corps....... It sort of hit me like "Ziva David, you are capable of instilling great fear..." and went on from there.... And then it kinda hit me as I thought about tonight's episode that it might be that Ziva might be wearing a red ring these days.... Anyone? Anyone?
Love Ziva...

Watching it right now
__________________


Playgrounder #136 and proud of it!!!!


Earth 3
 

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #6722
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyVic View Post
Love Ziva...

Watching it right now
He he he I do too, but Abby's more my speed inreality.......
 

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #6723
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
I'm thinking Gibbs in green and McGee in blue....... Tony in purple????
 

Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #6724
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
i'm not sure what color would fit Tony.
__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
 

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #6725
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas Winterlight View Post
i'm not sure what color would fit Tony.
I think he'd make a cool Star Saphire.......
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.