11-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Really Really Experienced
GrayOldFart is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 3rd star to the right
Seeking writers for turn based role play
I would like to propose a turn based role play:
- The year is 2054.
- Science had made great strides forward in genetics and robotics.
- A catastrophic natural event -- think Sandy times five -- has devastated NYC.
- Our characters are from 5 distinct groups:
- Scientists in a genetics program.
- Scientists in an android robotics program called "Surrogates".
- Soldiers securing both programs.
- Civilians working for either project.
- And innocents who were in the building at the time and simply got caught up in it all.
- Regardless of who your character is, he/she becomes a victim of the science being performed in the building.
- The genetics experiments have gone haywire and are mutating other people in the building, creating "monsters" bent on murder, rape, cannibalism, and more.
- To ensure the group's survival and eventual rescue, the characters must secure resources -- food, medicines, fuel, weapons, power, and more -- that are elsewhere in the building.
- This is where the robotics come in. The other project is creating androids for the military. (Did anyone see "Surrogates"? Similar concept, except that while allowing your surrogate to die is not fatal, it can be exhausting, painful, traumatizing, and delaying of the mission, therefore, you don't just run into a fire covered in gasoline because you know it's not really you).
- Using these surrogates, the characters will attempt to take portions of the building which will offer them something. Experience will be gained on these missions, experience that rolls over to the next surrogate should the previous one be killed. However, resources in the hands of a dead surrogate aren't in your hands, are they...? Also, allowing your surrogate to be killed while you are connected to it can cause mental instabilities. These instabilities can be overcome, by time or by drugs ... found, of course, elsewhere in the building.
- So, mistakes can be costly because in order to fix them, you have to accomplish even more tasks. Get it?
- So, there's a balance to be achieved her between which risks are worth taking and which aren't.
- New writers can join at anytime, as characters found on lower floors. Writers can play multiple characters (within reason). Writers can assume the characters of writers who have abandoned the game. Etc, etc.
Anyway, that's the general idea. I will write more later in response to questions and comments from interested parties.