Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
RubenesqueAphrodite
Botero Beauty

Question Poetry guidelines?

I'm a new author here on Lit and I tend to write longer, drawn out pieces. However, I do have a little poetic streak in me.

I have poem I haven't put to paper yet as it's still running around in my head a bit, chasing its own tail as it were. lol I am wondering if the 750 word limit for submissions still applies to poetry?

Anyone know? I'd really hate to create a work of art, only to be told I need to add ten more lines of dribble to qualify for submission.

Thanks for your response,

R'sAphrodite

Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
bronzeage
I am a river to my people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenesqueAphrodite View Post
I'm a new author here on Lit and I tend to write longer, drawn out pieces. However, I do have a little poetic streak in me.

I have poem I haven't put to paper yet as it's still running around in my head a bit, chasing its own tail as it were. lol I am wondering if the 750 word limit for submissions still applies to poetry?

Anyone know? I'd really hate to create a work of art, only to be told I need to add ten more lines of dribble to qualify for submission.

Thanks for your response,

R'sAphrodite
There is no minimum word count for poetry submissions. Some poems have been returned to the author because they were better suited to the prose story forum, but that is rare. In this case, it would have to be at least 750 words.

Lesbian Schoolgirl Enema Bondage, Something for everyone.
"Mama help me. I'm looking at a naked blue eyed man." Good clean fun with the Shower Girl.
Security provided by a well armed dancing peanut.

Quote:
Originally posted by LostBaby
My beloved is perfect. He is strong, smart, well read, can & will do anything, tender, and totally adores me. The only thing that could make him better is if he was freak'n wealthy beyond words.
On the floor of a small room near the city wall, they found the source of the many fragments of wisdom this civilization had left the world.http://bronzeageworks.blogspot.com/

Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
RubenesqueAphrodite
Botero Beauty

Thank you , dear, for the response. It is good to know.

Thank you.
R'sAphrodite