Laurel is considering a bisexual category!

Should Lit add a bisexual story category?

  • Yes! a Bisexual category for MMF and FFM!

    Votes: 151 59.4%
  • Yes! TWO categories, one for MMF and one for FFM!

    Votes: 83 32.7%
  • Naw, Lit is just fine as is.

    Votes: 20 7.9%

  • Total voters
    254
  • Poll closed .

Stella_Omega

No Gentleman
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Posts
39,700
The authors asked if Lit would add a new story category.

(FYI: Votes are anonymous)
Originally Posted by Laurel
Hi Stella,

This is something we've thought about. The problem with a Bisexual category is that readers who want to read about bisexual women have absolutely no interest in reading about bisexual men, and vice versa.

The alternative is to create separate Bisexual Male and Bisexual Female categories. The problem with this is placement. If a story has a bisexual woman having sex with another woman, does it go in Bisexual Female or Lesbian? If she's having sex with a man only, does it go in Bisexual Female or EC (or another pertinent category)? If she's having sex with both, why place it in Bisexual Female instead of Group?]

Any input on this would be welcome. If you want to share this PM with the forum for discussion, that's cool.

Laurel

My feeling is that this is, after all, a porn board, and the categories are about sexual action, not about sexual identity. So if the woman is having sex with a woman, it goes into lesbian-- if there's a man as well it becomes bisexual, because that's the action. And sometimes there are two women AND two men. Three men, even!

Many lesbians don't want to read about men joining in with two women. And many gay guys don't want to read a woman joining in with two guys.

Most of the readers here don't mind reading about two women getting it on in Group Sex category-- it's reading about two men that drives the homophobic readers apeshit.

Many writers have stories they won't post here because of that horrible reaction.

What do you think?

ETA: someone has pointed out to me that some cuck stories might be better in a bisexual category too.
 
Last edited:
I posted a story of this sort just the other day. And yeah, I wasnt entirely sure where to put it.

I plumped for Group Sex in the end, but I did feel the need to spell out in the description that there's gay sex involved as well as straight.

I guess Lit doesnt want to clutter the site with too many categories so on balance I think its best left as it is - make clear exactly what kind of gender mix you're going for in either the title or the description.
 
...I guess Lit doesnt want to clutter the site with too many categories ...
See, that's up to lit to decide, not us-- right now, Laurel has asked us to say what WE want. :)

I chose one for both myself, because sometimes, one story includes both MMf and FFM...
 
My opinion is yes to a bi category, but just one for both. Thank you for being interested in our opinion.
 
a bi category would be so great in here and a simple "mmf" or "ffm" at the start would help
 
Descriptive categories help eliminate those accidental readers who vote a story down when they discover a random turgid penis in an otherwise excellent lesbian yarn.

I'm for it.
 
I voted for two new categories, and as I stated in the Fetish board, "I see what Laurel was saying about having a separate MMF and FFM threesome/bisexual identity category placement as being "difficult", at best, when an author (or admin) tries to figure out where a story belongs. I do think, though, that in the long run having two new categories could help readers (or authors) find their niche. At the very least, mixing "any and all" bisexuals into one category (kind of how exhibitionists and voyers "share" a category right now) would be a nice addition to Lit's stories."

Any one of us could nit-pick about breaking the Fetish category into twenty-plus new categories for stories, and others could argue that that's what Lit's search feature is for. Yada yada.

Both sides of the argument could be expressed until the cows come home. (Or whatever other cliché one wishes to use. lol) However, I feel if there are enough stories and/or interest from authors and readers to warrant a new category, then the more the merrier! (I also do think some of the "big" fetishes - and, yes, I do see where that opens the door to "debate" on what "should" be there and "shouldn't" - could be broken off into their own story category as well.

Bottom line, I guess, is it depends on how much work we are creating for Laurel and Manu and how much of their site has to change or be "rewritten" or whatever to encompass new categories and to move info.
 
Believe me, they are not going to do much info-moving! That would be a herculean task.

Unless authors request it of their own stories. Maybe.

it would just be a new cat for people to choose from now on.
 
yes-- or "mmfmffmm" :devil:

So umm Stella, which M would you be? :cool:

Honestly I'm not really sure it's needed, but then I'm not exactly a huge fan of the voting system anyway. I mean some categories they vote, others they don't. I think in noncon they either go 1 or 5 depending on how hard they got off on the story and it's reversed. :rolleyes:

For the most of you who never read me I have a bisexual woman story in exhibitionist, erotic horror, and novels. Nobody seems to vote on all three so either that is because they are bisexual women or nobody votes in those. I'm pretty sure it is the second option. I still voted and you know if they want to add it I might eventualy get around to writing one for the new categories. :eek:
 
Bisexual category that is only threesomes would be good. They can be either MMF or FFM. It would save looking through the group section looking for threesomes. Just throwing that out there for a thought.
 
it would just be a new cat for people to choose from now on.

As I said, I believe that "the more the merrier" is the way to do it! Lit has done nothing but grown in its ten plus years now, and that's a good thing. If we all can show Laurel that a new category is warranted, I hope we receive them! :)
 
I voted for one size fits all. Not that I believe one size fits all, but realistically, change almost never happens in big steps.
 
I think it's foolish to have two categories. If it's bisexual, then one should expect bisexuality. Which means either of the two combinations. The tag line can illuminate further if the person is very picky.

And, frankly, the straight guys who want FFM can find that in group. I don't see any reason why they should dictate what goes into bisexual, especially given that they get their hetero fantasies fulfilled in just about every other category.
 
One bi category.

You might as well toss the survey to other forums if you're interested in getting a consensus.
 
One bi category.

You might as well toss the survey to other forums if you're interested in getting a consensus.
I've posted it to a few. You are welcome to post it to any forum you want. :)
Maybe not the GB please?
 
I like the idea of a bisexual category, but only one. I believe there aren't enough stories with male bisexuals to make a separate category worthwhile. I also want to point out that not all group sex stories involve bisexuals.
 
It can be a complex and thorny issue, no doubt.
For me, personally, would prefer (and voted for) both a Bi-Sex Male and a Bi-Sex Female category, but I would prefer one general BiSex category to none at all.
Stella is right, in that most straight males (generalizing here) have no problem with a little FFM or just FF in their EC or other categories. But, they don't want MMF in them (especially when the guys are getting it on, as opposed to being the 2 ends of a good old-fashioned spit-roast).
I imagine gay males and lesbians generally aren't too happy to see pussies and penii, respectively, in their categories, either.
Thing is, the nature of a MMF bi-sex theme and a FFM bi-sex theme are very different. I think Stella is not entirely correct when she says the action is what matters. In a pure stroke story, that may be the case. But, in a more emotional, dramatic story, the themes of reluctance, curiosity, discovery, etc., are very different. In other words, the "theme" is essential; and the theme of a FFM story and a MMF story are very different.
One question: could this change, if made, spell the end of Groupsex as a category? Or maybe just shrink it to the pure swapping/orgy/gangbang stories?
 
Back
Top