The BDSM Book Club Discussion Thread

Wow! Beautiful Graceanne! Thanks so much for all the work and posts on this thread.

*hugs*

FF

:rose:

Wow! Beautiful Graceanne! Thanks so much for all the work and posts on this thread.

*hugs*

FF

Sorry it goes so long between me cataloguing posts. I just totally space them. :rolleyes:

....if I only had a brain ....

Once again no one voted. I'm making our March 2012 BOTM, Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey Hill

We can begin the discussion of One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2), by Jeaniene Frost our February 2012 BDSM, BOTM now!

1.) Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey.

Book Description:In the year 2139, fearless Tedra De Arr sets out to rescue her beleaguered planet Kystran from the savage rule of the evil Crad Ce Moerr. Experienced in combat but not in love, the beautiful, untouched Amazon flies with Martha, her wise-cracking, free-thinking computer, to a world where warriors reigns supreme--and into the arms of the one man she can never hope to vanquish: the bronzed barbarian Challen Ly-San-Ter. A magnificent creature of raw yet disciplined desires, the muscle-bound primitive succeeds where no puny Kystran male had before--igniting a raging fire within Tedra that must be extinguished before she can even think of saving her enslaved world. . .

5.) U]Wild Rain[/U] by Christine Feehan

Feehan has a knack for bringing vampiric Carpathians to vivid, virile life in her Dark Carpathian novels, and in this new book, which builds on her short story "The Awakening," she focuses on a different kind of sensual predator—a half-human/half-leopard species of shapeshifters.

Mysterious freelance paramilitary operative Rio Santana is a member of this breed, but he's been banished from his clan and lives in a solitary rainforest dwelling. Enter Rachel Lospostos, who has marooned herself in the jungle to escape a group of murderers.

Blood runs hot between the two, both emotionally and literally—their first meeting is a near-terminal cat fight that leaves Rachel bedridden with a mangled leg and a broken wrist. As Rio cares for her, it becomes clear that their relationship is fated, but it may soon be cut short if they don't figure out who wants Rachel dead.

Suspense often takes a backseat to the protagonists' romantic feelings, but Feehan handles both elements skillfully, drawing villains who are sufficiently threatening and creating a romance that feels both destined and believable. Readers whose fantasies center on untamed wilderness and on untamed heroes who are as sensitive as they are strong will be seduced by this erotic adventure. Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

I have read these, and am willing to re-read them. That said, Wild Rain wasn't very bdsm-y. Her books that were, that she's written recently, Burning Wild and Murder Game.

7.) Surrender to Fire by Lora Leigh

Surrender Book 1 in the Bound Hearts series Cole has wanted Tess for years. And he's warned her of this several times. He's also warned her HOW he wants her. Tied down in his bed, under his domination, surrendering to his desires. . . Fyre Brand She holds the elemental power of fire within her grasp, able to sear, to destroy. But her heart holds the fear of repeating her ancestors' mistakes. Now, amid a world fighting to rebuild, Carmella must learn that she cannot control the power surging through her fragile body alone. She'll need help. But can she accept the future her leader Torren has seen, and the touch of a stranger who is more than he seems? Publisher's Note: Previously available in the Elemental Desires anthology.

I've read this, too, but it's been so long that I can't recall the specifics. I'm willing to reread it.

Let's go with Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey beautiful Graceanne! I can get it at my libraries.

Thanks!

FF:rose:

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Did you like the book overall or not?

Yes. I enjoyed this book. I like a good urban fantasy. This one was pretty good.

Do you feel it portrays BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

I don't recall much if any, BDSM in the book. Not sure why it was on our list?

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

I don't really remember anything turning me on. I don't remember the sex scenes much at all. So I'll say no.

I didn't like the "everyone can hear this" thing. Too exhibitionist for me.

The night he did things to her for whatever reason I felt that was somewhat creative of the writer.

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?

Yes. I really like some of the characters and the general storyline.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

Yes. I'd like to read the rest of this series. I don't think the two books I've read have been in order? I think I've missed some.

What did you like best about this selection?

The urban supernatural vibe, the characters of Cat and Bones, the team.

What did you like the least?

The time wasted due to bad communications and assumptions.

How would you have changed the story?

I wouldn't.

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2), by Jeaniene Frost was our February 2012 BOTM.

Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey is our March 2012 BOTM

Voting can begin on our April 2012 BOTM now.

Let's go with Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey beautiful Graceanne! I can get it at my libraries.

Thanks!

FF:rose:

Cool, I've got it on e-book and I haven't read it in quite awhile.

For me, and books, it has to be something I can get either at the library or on e-book, and it HAS to be on ebook if the picture on the front is highly suggestive. I can't read those without ripping off the cover when my kids are around, which is most of the time.

And if I can't get it at the library, it has to be when we aren't broke.

I already have all of Christine Feehans books, although not all of them are bdsm-y. I have almost all of Laurell Hamilton's, except the most recent one. I have a lot of Jaid Black (although her stuff is mostly kinky sex, but not BDSM) and Dara Joy might be a good one to read (Knight of the Trillion Stars is what comes to mind first). There are a few Amanda Quick which might be good, and some older Jayne Ann Krentz (one actually features a spanking, instead of just threats).

Awesome. I'm picking off of your list for the next few months for sure!

*hugs*

Cool, I've got it on e-book and I haven't read it in quite awhile.

For me, and books, it has to be something I can get either at the library or on e-book, and it HAS to be on ebook if the picture on the front is highly suggestive. I can't read those without ripping off the cover when my kids are around, which is most of the time.

And if I can't get it at the library, it has to be when we aren't broke.

I already have all of Christine Feehans books, although not all of them are bdsm-y. I have almost all of Laurell Hamilton's, except the most recent one. I have a lot of Jaid Black (although her stuff is mostly kinky sex, but not BDSM) and Dara Joy might be a good one to read (Knight of the Trillion Stars is what comes to mind first). There are a few Amanda Quick which might be good, and some older Jayne Ann Krentz (one actually features a spanking, instead of just threats).

Awesome. I'm picking off of your list for the next few months for sure!

*hugs*

Well, I noticed that less people are posting since we had this thread stickied. I think they don't notice when there's new posts on the thread, because of that. I'm going to post in the blurt thread about this for a bit, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna ask Etoile to unsticky this thread. I'd hate for this thread to die, we're ... four? years going strong.

Kewl beautiful Graceanne!

*hugs*

FF:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Well, I noticed that less people are posting since we had this thread stickied. I think they don't notice when there's new posts on the thread, because of that. I'm going to post in the blurt thread about this for a bit, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna ask Etoile to unsticky this thread. I'd hate for this thread to die, we're ... four? years going strong.

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2), by Jeaniene Frost was our February 2012 BOTM.

Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey is our March 2012 BOTM

Murder Game by Christine Feehan is our April 2012 BOTM.

Voting can begin on our May 2012 BOTM now.

We can now discuss Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey our March 2012 BOTM.

Warriors Woman by Johanna Lindsey

Yes, it's one of my favorite books and is my favorite Johanna Lindsey book.

Well, it is scifi so it's not REAL, but I do think it's positive and consentual.

Yes. Not the best sex scenes in the kinkometer, but not bad.

Yes. I like the story line, I like the depth that is shown by tedra throughout the book as she struggles with what she's been and who she is. I like the underlying stories, like the one involving tedra's home planet. I can't think of anything I didn't like.

Yes, and I have.

Like the whole book.

Johanna Lindsey can be a bit long winded.

I wouldn't.

Glad to see you post and that you enjoyed the book Beautiful Graceanne! It wasn't my kind of book really. I didn't see it as consensual as much as you did. Maybe I'm just not myself sexually these days with menopause happening.

Warriors Woman by Johanna Lindsey

It was okay for me. A little silly and of course very romance-y.

No, not at all. Entire planets of men that want to own women with or without consent is so not my way, or positive or real.

Not really. The one that did anything for me was when she turned the D/s dynamic. Even her, "Oh this turns my body on and it's betraying me thing" which usually does it for me, didn't work for me.

Not really. I had hoped there would be more character development.

Not really. If everyone else wanted to I would.

The parts when she was in control or won out against anyone.

The rest.

IDK

Glad to see you post and that you enjoyed the book Beautiful Graceanne! It wasn't my kind of book really. I didn't see it as consensual as much as you did. Maybe I'm just not myself sexually these days with menopause happening.

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I didn't think you would, honestly. You like the grittier books and I like the romancy books. lol

No worries. I can read all kinds of books. It's just great to have a reading companion!

*hugs*

FF

:rose::rose:

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I didn't think you would, honestly. You like the grittier books and I like the romancy books. lol

I'd like to make a decision on our next BOTM (June 2012) this week. I was going to make Surrender to Fire by Lora Leigh our next book but my library doesn't have it yet. Also I don't want to spend the money nor should I according to my budget on a new book.

Anyone have any other ideas or noms? I've added one. The two I can get from my library are Obsession and Surrender to Me.

The list of noms so far:

1.) Obsession : an erotic tale by Vanderbilt, Gloria

Publisher Summary 2 New York social maven Priscilla Bingham discovers a hidden cache of letters that reveal her late husband's affair with a sophisticated dominatrix who has recorded the intimate details of their relationship, a finding with which Priscilla becomes increasingly obsessed. Publisher Summary 3
The marriages of desire . . .

From the multitalented and versatile Gloria Vanderbilt comes a passionate, sensual, witty, and puzzling tale of erotic obsession, beauty, and revenge, told in tandem by two women obsessed with the same man—and, ultimately, with each other.

Talbot Bingham is a renowned architectural genius who, with his formidable wife, Priscilla, creates an architectural community. When he dies unexpectedly in the middle of their tenth wedding anniversary celebration, the devastated Priscilla is left keeper of the flame of Talbot's genius. Going through her husband's archives, she comes unexpectedly upon a pile of neatly tied letters, and the shocking secret of her husband's intimate life—a discovery that shatters the foundation of her soul and spirit.

Obsession explores the mysteries of the human heart and the nature of sexuality and obsession, provoking questions about whom we choose to love, and why. The reader is left to decide if the other woman represents another facet of Priscilla, or if Priscilla her-self has invented the other woman who completed the world her husband so recently inhabited?

5.) Menage by Emma Holly

Bookstore owner Kate comes home from work one day to find her two flatmates in bed...together. Joe - a sensitive composer - is mortified. Sean - an irrepressible bad boy - asks her to join in. Kate's been fantasising about her hunky new houseshares since they moved in, but she was convinced they were both gay.

Realising that pleasure is a multi-faceted thing, she sets her cares aside and embarks on a menage a trois with the wild duo. Kate wants nothing more than to keep both her admirers happy, but inevitably things become complicated, especially at work.

Kate has told her colleagues that Joe and Sean are gay but the gossip begins when she's caught in a clinch with one of them in her lunch hour! To add to this, one of Kate's more conservative suitors is showing interest again, but she's hooked on the different kind of loving that she enjoys with her boys - even though she knows it cannot last. Or can it?

3.) Symphony of C, Vol I and Symphony of C, Vol II by Cara Mitchell ebook format

From author's web site:

Following the ebbs and flows of longing warring with jubilation, Cara relives the fury of the battle between her intrinsic nature and the teachings of modern society in her quest to fulfill her yearning to yield control to another. Trained by the mysteriously exclusive ranks of high protocol dominants, she endeavours to be moulded into a gracefully captivated being.

Will her journey through intense bliss and wrenching turmoil in order to fulfill her need to obey destroy or lead to unparalleled freedom?

4.) Surrender to Fire by Lora Leigh

SurrenderBook 1 in the Bound Hearts seriesCole has wanted Tess for years. And he's warned her of this several times. He's also warned her HOW he wants her. Tied down in his bed, under his domination, surrendering to his desires. . . Fyre Brand She holds the elemental power of fire within her grasp, able to sear, to destroy. But her heart holds the fear of repeating her ancestors' mistakes. Now, amid a world fighting to rebuild, Carmella must learn that she cannot control the power surging through her fragile body alone. She'll need help. But can she accept the future her leader Torren has seen, and the touch of a stranger who is more than he seems? Publisher's Note: Previously available in the Elemental Desires anthology.

By G. Crider "loves to read" I purchased because of Surrender,(#1 of Heart Bounds Series). Not much of a story but the sex is super hot. It's Cole & Tess's story. Fyre Brand is a paranormal, full of good raunchy sex. If you are looking for more from this book don't. Just a good naughty read and a few fun ideas.

5.) The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair

Foster child. Teenage whore. Now a veterinarian, MacKensie's turned her life around, but the scars remain. She saves her affection for the animals who never judge or scorn her, but it's time to get out, move on from her past in Iowa. So, she arranges a vacation exchange to job hunt in Seattle.

Although the house is lovely, one room is locked. Her years in foster care have given her two 'gifts': a neurosis about locked doors and the ability to open them. After she gets into the room, she's appalled...and intrigued. Chains and manacles, whips and paddles, odd benches with straps...

When Alex returns home days early and finds MacKensie draped over the spanking bench in his locked dungeon, he's furious. But her wariness arouses his protective nature and curiosity, so he strikes a deal to keep her close--she'll act as his submissive in exchange for a place to stay and help finding a job.

He'd planned to use the veterinarian to deter an ex-girlfriend, not replace her, but with MacKensie's compelling mixture of strength and vulnerability, the little sub slides right into his well-defended heart.

By Fan

I have read all of Cherise Sinclair's books and have to say, as much as I love the Shadowlands series, this is probably my favorite of all of hers....It was all about the mental aspects of BDSM and the learning and communicating and I thought it was a perfect introduction too to some of her other books. If you are interested and want to "try" one out, this is a great book for that, but I also just loved it regardless!

6.) Eager to Please by Kim Corum

Eager to Please, a new BDSM lite novel from Kim Corum. Here I am, take me, use me. Do whatever you like. When Kara, the wife of a wealthy businessman, is kidnapped, the last thing she expects is to feel sympathy for her captor. As her time in confinement extends, she finds herself involved sexually and playing games of submission and dominance. As each day passes, she slowly begins to fall in love and loses the homesickness she initially felt. Oddly enough, the only person she misses is her butler.

By Sydney

I am probably biased towards this book, given the fact that the whole "falling in love with kidnapper" scenario has long been one of my personal favorite sexual fantasies! I was aware that this was the plot line before I purchased the book, so I was extremely excited to start reading it. And it definitely did not disappoint.

It's basically a love story, with some good old fashioned male dominance and female submission thrown in. Super hot. My favorite aspect of the book was how the two characters really cared for each other. The emotional involvement just made the sex all the more hot and intense.

Romantic bdsm has recently become one of my favorite genres, and I would say this one is at the very top of my list...even better than Breaking the Girl. I only hope Kim Corum writes more of this type. My only complaint is that this one isn't longer.

7.) Surrender to Me by Shayla Black

A secret fantasy.

Hunter had everything until a bullet put his career as a Navy SEAL on hold. Restless and in need of distraction, he accepts an intriguing proposition. Restless and uncertain about his future, he accepts an intriguing proposition: share an acquaintance's girlfriend and fulfill her fantasy of a ménage. It should have been just a night of sexual adventure between three consenting adults. But Kata is like no other girl Hunter has ever met. By turns audacious and sexy, then vulnerable and aloof, she's a heartbreaker he's determined to master. But he needs more than one night. And he wants to do it alone.

An uncontrollable obsession.
Kata never expected to leave her comfortable relationship and explore something so dangerously forbidden with a stranger. Hard as she tries to resist, the guilty pleasure overwhelms her, and she surrenders herself, inch by inch, to the hardcore man who wants her for himself. Consumed by blazing desire, they're soon threatened by the shadows of the past. And now to keep Kata safe, Hunter makes her a bold proposition of his own. Saying yes will destroy her heart. But saying no could cost Kata her life.

I'd delete the above if I could. It's one thing to push your book. It's another to throw your sex scene in our faces.

:eek:

Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey was our March 2012 BOTM

Murder Game by Christine Feehan is our April 2012 BOTM.

Surrender to Me by Shayla Black is our May 2012 BOTM

Voting can begin on our June 2012 BOTM now.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this thread. My life is too crazy right now for me to join in but I do foresee a time in the future where life will enable me to read more.

Whenever I see someone mention a book on Fet I come over here to see if you'all have reviewed it. I value your opinions.

Keep it up. Thank you

Back