Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Poetry Feedback & Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 04-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,007
Lightbulb An Illustrated Submission Guide

Noooooo, I'm not drawing you a picture on how to be a better submissive to your Dominant partner, that's for another forum. What I want to explain is a few methods you can use to post your illustrated or concrete submissions to Literotica. It's pretty well known that you can upload an image file directly into the upload field of the Literotica submission form. There's a slightly less-known alternative procedure that provides a quicker gratification as well.

You can use HTML tags to embed your illustration into your submission. First upload and attach your file to a thread here at Literotica or you can use a free image service like photobucket as well; they will provide the HTML coding in one of the fields below the thumbnail in your album.

Once the image is uploaded and you can open it in an explorer window; then copy the image url into your paste buffer. To do so, highlight the web address, right click on it and select "copy" from the drop down menu or use ctrl C key combo to add it in. Use the following illustration to guide you in embedding the image into your story/poem file submission here at Literotica:
Code:
<a href="the image url here"><img src="the image url here"></a> 
It is very important to surround the http://www.webadress.letters with the quote marks.
You can include text in and/or above and below the image. Make certain you include an explanation of what the link is for in the notes field of the submission form. I usually say: The link included in the text block ie - http://www.whatever is the url for a free use (or original) image. I like to submit work this way because you have an instant preview of how it will appear on Lit.

Another option is to prepare a word document file with clip art or your own photos arranged through out the work and then upload the file to the submission form. Again make note that the file is for an illustrated submission using original or free use images.

If there are problems with the submission, the site owners and editors will contact you on your Login User Options index page, since illustrated and audio files are added by hand.

Some handy links are:
very cool tools for multimedia and concrete poetry creation - Image Chef

for successful examples of illustrated and concrete work - pic-a-thon and Illustrated Poetry

From our own sadly absent (just for now, I hope) Jamison/neonurotic, a How-To - Poetry with Pictures

Please note: once you use an image source url address that pic or file can't be deleted without damaging the appearance of the resulting Literotica submission.

As always, if you have any other non-commercial, free-registration links or good ideas please include them on this thread so that we can make this a really valuable reference resource to share with everyone.
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.

Last edited by champagne1982 : 04-05-2009 at 02:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Angeline
Poet Chick
 
Angeline's Avatar
 
Angeline is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 24,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne1982 View Post
Noooooo, I'm not drawing you a picture on how to be a better submissive to your Dominant partner, that's for another forum. What I want to explain is a few methods you can use to post your illustrated or concrete submissions to Literotica. It's pretty well known that you can upload an image file directly into the upload field of the Literotica submission form. There's a slightly less-known alternative procedure that provides a quicker gratification as well.

You can use HTML tags to embed your illustration into your submission. First upload and attach your file to a thread here at Literotica or you can use a free image service like photobucket as well; they will provide the HTML coding in one of the fields below the thumbnail in your album.

Once the image is uploaded and you can open it in an explorer window; then copy the image url into your paste buffer. To do so, highlight the web address, right click on it and select "copy" from the drop down menu or use ctrl C key combo to add it in. Use the following illustration to guide you in embedding the image into your story/poem file submission here at Literotica:
Code:
<a href="the image url here"><img src="the image url here"></a> 
It is very important to surround the http://www.webadress.letters with the quote marks.
You can include text in and/or above and below the image. Make certain you include an explanation of what the link is for in the notes field of the submission form. I usually say: The link included in the text block ie - http://www.whatever is the url for a free use (or original) image. I like to submit work this way because you have an instant preview of how it will appear on Lit.

Another option is to prepare a word document file with clip art or your own photos arranged through out the work and then upload the file to the submission form. Again make note that the file is for an illustrated submission using original or free use images.

If there are problems with the submission, the site owners and editors will contact you on your Login User Options index page, since illustrated and audio files are added by hand.

Some handy links are:
very cool tools for multimedia and concrete poetry creation - Image Chef

for successful examples of illustrated and concrete work - pic-a-thon and Illustrated Poetry

From our own sadly absent (just for now, I hope) Jamison/neonurotic, a How-To - Poetry with Pictures

Please note: once you use an image source url address that pic or file can't be deleted without damaging the appearance of the resulting Literotica submission.

As always, if you have any other non-commercial, free-registration links or good ideas please include them on this thread so that we can make this a really valuable reference resource to share with everyone.

You rock.
__________________
Misterioso

Poems
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 12,679
Oh goody you found the 'How to' that I wanted but your 'Ilustrated poetry' link doesn't work
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,007
Thanks Annie. I fixed it in my post and I'll repeat the links here,

Image Chef
pic-a-thon II
Illustrated Poetry
Poetry with Pictures
eta:
New Illustrated Poetry Thread
Picture This Poem Challenge
November Poetry Challenge: Ekphrastic Poetry
eta2: Paint.net is a fun image editing program that is FREE. Visit the website, and download the latest version. There's a text instruction guide on the site. A bunch of tutorial videos can be found on youtube as well, just search "paint.net tutorial." It's a wee bit complicated but well worth learning since (I find anyway) the writers of the program have included the best features of Microsoft/Windows Paint and Adobe Photoshop in one package, FOR FREE! Anyway, check it out.

If anyone has anymore to add, please feel free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaswirls View Post
<snip> A cool tool out there: Wordle
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.

Last edited by champagne1982 : 03-11-2010 at 10:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,007
There's new info in this post! That is all
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
jjaysonn42
Virgin
 
jjaysonn42 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Oh goody you found the good 'Ilustrated poetry' link .Thank you so much.
_______________________________________________________________
Link Building
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Esperanza_Hidalgo
Literotica Guru
 
Esperanza_Hidalgo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,614
This

just helped, thanks. I did not know you could preview in this manner. Some of my illustrated stuff looks like crap because it was a crap shoot to post. Issue resolved with the html--by where do I put my nekky pics I want to use, any suggestions? Free mainstream hosts block them. And they are tasteful nudes.
__________________
My Stuff at Lit
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza_Hidalgo View Post
just helped, thanks. I did not know you could preview in this manner. Some of my illustrated stuff looks like crap because it was a crap shoot to post. Issue resolved with the html--by where do I put my nekky pics I want to use, any suggestions? Free mainstream hosts block them. And they are tasteful nudes.
I have formatted the relevant technique to answer your concerns in the quoted post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne1982 View Post
Noooooo, I'm not drawing you a picture on how to be a better submissive to your Dominant partner, that's for another forum. What I want to explain is a few methods you can use to post your illustrated or concrete submissions to Literotica. It's pretty well known that you can upload an image file directly into the upload field of the Literotica submission form. There's a slightly less-known alternative procedure that provides a quicker gratification as well.

You can use HTML tags to embed your illustration into your submission. First upload and attach your file to a thread here at Literotica or you can use a free image service like photobucket as well; they will provide the HTML coding in one of the fields below the thumbnail in your album.

Once the image is uploaded and you can open it in an explorer window; then copy the image url into your paste buffer. To do so, highlight the web address, right click on it and select "copy" from the drop down menu or use ctrl C key combo to add it in. Use the following illustration to guide you in embedding the image into your story/poem file submission here at Literotica:
Code:
<a href="the image url here"><img src="the image url here"></a> 
It is very important to surround the http://www.webadress.letters with the quote marks.
You can include text in and/or above and below the image. Make certain you include an explanation of what the link is for in the notes field of the submission form. I usually say: The link included in the text block ie - http://www.whatever is the url for a free use (or original) image. I like to submit work this way because you have an instant preview of how it will appear on Lit.

Another option is to prepare a word document file with clip art or your own photos arranged through out the work and then upload the file to the submission form. Again make note that the file is for an illustrated submission using original or free use images. If there are problems with the submission, the site owners and editors will contact you on your Login User Options index page, since illustrated and audio files are added by hand.

Some handy links are:
very cool tools for multimedia and concrete poetry creation - Image Chef

for successful examples of illustrated and concrete work - pic-a-thon and Illustrated Poetry

From our own sadly absent (just for now, I hope) Jamison/neonurotic, a How-To - Poetry with Pictures

Please note: once you use an image source url address that pic or file can't be deleted without damaging the appearance of the resulting Literotica submission.

As always, if you have any other non-commercial, free-registration links or good ideas please include them on this thread so that we can make this a really valuable reference resource to share with everyone.
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
Esperanza_Hidalgo
Literotica Guru
 
Esperanza_Hidalgo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,614
champagne1982

I wasn't clear. What needs to be said is thank you . I submitted the way you suggested in the first post, and it works perfectly. The poem sits in wait until Lit does the once a month illustrated push.

The issue I have is that many free hosting sites block nudes, so I need to research a site that will host them. I do not like using the upload server because you never know what you will get.
__________________
My Stuff at Lit
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza_Hidalgo View Post
I wasn't clear. What needs to be said is thank you . I submitted the way you suggested in the first post, and it works perfectly. The poem sits in wait until Lit does the once a month illustrated push.

The issue I have is that many free hosting sites block nudes, so I need to research a site that will host them. I do not like using the upload server because you never know what you will get.
I am sorry I took so long to reply... I have found that if I set my photobucket account settings to "private" I'm allowed a much greater leeway in the images I post and I can still link to them in order to use the images as I wish...
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.