Is The Draft Coming Back?

I'd love to see someone try to go against me about the draft now that my point of view is held by the MAJORITY of Americans.

Maybe you should start your comments out with, "I know I'm in the minority, BUT..."

One day if this economy collapses and lawlessness happens, you better believe I'll find and force a few people from here to make good on their threats to me.

i wish the draft would come back to teach people some shit about living. but that in turn would bring even more boys home in bags...not a fair trade.

i wish the draft would come back to teach people some shit about living. but that in turn would bring even more boys home in bags...not a fair trade.
If it comes back, there'll be soldiers hauled away from homes HERE in body bags. The last time, draft supporters during the 'Nam era harassed dodgers' families. This time it'll be the enforcement people's families who get terrorized.

Things would get REALLY ugly, which is another reason even the worst of the war hawks fear to touch the issue.

It's better off that we just end Selective Service and call it a wrap. Forcing American men to go to war now would only mean a civil war.

after serving and seeing what the recruiters are letting in and letting pass for a standard we can not get much worse on the war front. shit we are so in love with war why not fight another...this time on the home front.

after serving and seeing what the recruiters are letting in and letting pass for a standard we can not get much worse on the war front. shit we are so in love with war why not fight another...this time on the home front.
The whole world dreads that. If we have a civil war now, how do we hope to keep our nuclear stockpile out of the hands of mercs?

Neither China nor Russia combined could cause the kind of global chaos and destruction that a fragmented U.S. could.

Nah, the powers that be will do all they can to stop hell from breaking loose in America. Not sure if it'll work, but they'll give it all they've got.

Compulsory enlistment for 2-3 years after high school. The country would be better off.

And it would have saved me three years of repeating 12th grade.

There was a time when the best way to escape just about anything was to join the military. They're a little more picky these days even with the wars. You hear stories about recruiters taking the dregs of society but you don't hear about them not actually getting in or being booted out once things are figured out.

There was a time when the best way to escape just about anything was to join the military. They're a little more picky these days even with the wars. You hear stories about recruiters taking the dregs of society but you don't hear about them not actually getting in or being booted out once things are figured out.
Why did you join?

You don't even know what IRONY is.

Pussy.
You know, it's cowardly women like this that want males to do all the dying while they sit around eating bon bons, that I would have no problem shooting to death if I ever saw her face to face.

You people are fucking cock-eyed insane and deserve to be put down.

And you know what? When white people stop being the majority around here, people like you just might get put to the guillotine.

I just hope my eyesight is still good when they come for you.

I'd love to see someone try to go against me about the draft now that my point of view is held by the MAJORITY of Americans.

Maybe you should start your comments out with, "I know I'm in the minority, BUT..."

One day if this economy collapses and lawlessness happens, you better believe I'll find and force a few people from here to make good on their threats to me.
I know I'm in the minority, but I had no idea that most Americans would be shooting at their own MP's and harrassing their families because of a draft.

Way to avoid the simple math and numbers I posted.

You're an idiot for not reading thoroughly.

Not enough troops, not enough recruits, too many Reservists and National Guardsmen.

Salon did an article on the issue this week.

Not since the early days of the Reagan administration in 1981 has the Defense Department made a push to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots. Recognizing that even the mention of a draft in the months before an election might be politically explosive, the Pentagon last week was adamant that the drive to staff up the draft boards is not a portent of things to come. There is "no contingency plan" to ask Congress to reinstate the draft, John Winkler, the Pentagon's deputy assistant secretary for reserve affairs, told Salon last week.

Remember, just because there is "no contigency" doesn't mean it won't happen.

Pay attention to what the government does, not what it says.

Not positive about now, but 10 years ago, any male coming out of High School that was awarded any type of scholarship or grant for college had to register with Selective services.

Not positive about now, but 10 years ago, any male coming out of High School that was awarded any type of scholarship or grant for college had to register with Selective services.

All males have to register for Selective Service when they turn 18. That's the way it's always been. What you're thinking of is the law that says they can't get certain student loans and such without registering which is redundant since by law they have to register anyway.

All males have to register for Selective Service when they turn 18. That's the way it's always been. What you're thinking of is the law that says they can't get certain student loans and such without registering which is redundant since by law they have to register anyway.

Yes, they are suppose to register as they turn 18, but they have until they're age 26. This way, they make sure they get them right off, or the forms are not processed for the scholarships.

Yes, they are suppose to register as they turn 18, but they have until they're age 26. This way, they make sure they get them right off, or the forms are not processed for the scholarships.

No, they are registered until 26. They have 30 days past their 18th birthday to register or they are in violation.

The draft boards are looking for new members. They haven't done that since we actually had a draft during Viet Nam.

Beware Bush.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/sss092203.html
Registering for Selective Service is what I think you're talking about. Lately, ads reminding 18 year old men to register for the Selective Service have been running on radio and tv.

If a draft is called, it means the shit has really hit the fan. Those registered for the draft are likely to be called up, put through military training, and marched to the sound of the guns. It is your duty as an American to register.

Look at the dates people!

The post you replied to is closer to ten years old than it is to being relevant to today's politics.

It is your duty as an American to register.
Eh, no it's not. The draft is slavery. No man is owned by another.

I sure as hell would rather fight a civil war HERE than be drafted. You'd better believe I'd be among the armed resistance. I'm owned by no one.

Just thought this needed to be said again.
Bumping this thread to show that
1) Women are fucking gutless cowards who would send men out to die but who would never make that sacrifice themselves; and
2) This forum has a history of ENDORSING and DEFENDING death threats for speaking personal opinions.

Back