Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #51701
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary_manque View Post
I made a roux with a half cup oil and a half cup of flour, but before I added the flour, I lightly browned a strip of apple-smoked bacon (chopped) in the oil. Then I browned the roux and added a cup of chopped onion, a half cup coarsely chopped carrot and a quarter chopped parsley and stirred until soft. Next went in the meat (muskox round, in this case) and stirred it around until hot. A half cup red wine and then enough commercial beef stock to reach the proper consistency. Add a bay leaf and a rounded tsp thyme, 1 1/2 tsp Worchester sauce and about 8 shots of Chipotle Tabasco. Simmer 8 hours, adding more beef stock as needed and correct the seasoning. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Egads! I finished dinner 3 hrs ago and that makes me hungry just reading it.

Never be led astray into the paths of virtue.

Artists are misunderstood. Not by people, but by themselves.

Life is but active anguish in a context of flux.

"Popularity is not whether people like you, it's how many people would like you to like them." Anon.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." Ambrose Bierce

"When my ugly ol' car won't climb the hill, I'll write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill." 'Heavy Fuel' Dire Straits

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun ..." 'Only the Good Die Young' Billy Joel

TE's stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #51702
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianthus45 View Post
It could be worse, Tom. It's been down to freezing here two nights in a row. Wanna trade weather?
Erm...no. When is y'all's spring...July 4th?

"Popularity is not whether people like you, it's how many people would like you to like them." Anon.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." Ambrose Bierce

"When my ugly ol' car won't climb the hill, I'll write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill." 'Heavy Fuel' Dire Straits

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun ..." 'Only the Good Die Young' Billy Joel

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #51703
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

And for dessert?

My heart belongs to the moon...

Tell me your secret dreams ...but don't ask me for pictures...not gonna happen..or for my number...never gonna happen...we will meet only in our dreams...

I looked at the moon and I felt blue...then I looked again and I saw you...

Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #51704
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricialen View Post
And for dessert?
Ice cream with puree' of strawberries in kirsch.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

"Soldiers are citizens of Death's grey land, drawing no dividends from time's tomorrow. They deposit their life blood, their hopes and aspirations into the cauldron of war so that others might draw on that exchange and have lives they could only dream of having."--Siegfried Sassoon

Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #51705
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Quote:
It could be worse, Tom. It's been down to freezing here two nights in a row. Wanna trade weather?

<sigh> Yum. As you didn't finish the whole thing, wanna share the leftovers?
Unfortunately, Hot Mama has claimed the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. However, there is the possibility that I could make up a batch for Lit4 if Nero and the other locals could be persuaded to bring in the equipment . . .

My stories

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

"Soldiers are citizens of Death's grey land, drawing no dividends from time's tomorrow. They deposit their life blood, their hopes and aspirations into the cauldron of war so that others might draw on that exchange and have lives they could only dream of having."--Siegfried Sassoon

Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #51706
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Unfortunately, Hot Mama has claimed the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. However, there is the possibility that I could make up a batch for Lit4 if Nero and the other locals could be persuaded to bring in the equipment . . .
Yet another reason to show up.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 PM   #51707
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Ice cream with puree' of strawberries in kirsch.
Ummm Bear...I'm dessert! I think that earthquake may have shaken you up!

Tell me your secret dreams ...but don't ask me for pictures...not gonna happen..or for my number...never gonna happen...we will meet only in our dreams...

Old 05-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #51708
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Quote:
Ummm Bear...I'm dessert! I think that earthquake may have shaken you up!
No, I reported what I had, not what I wanted.

My stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #51709
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:
No, I reported what I had, not what I wanted.
Well just for that....you can get me a drink...a Mimosa please with a lot of ice

Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #51710
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Quote:
Well just for that....you can get me a drink...a Mimosa please with a lot of ice
Do you like your orange juice strained or pulpy? And will that be a double? There is an orange tree in the conservatory.

My stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #51711
Dianthus
In the Spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE999 View Post
Erm...no. When is y'all's spring...July 4th?
You never know. We've had snow then too. The weather gets more messed up every year.

Quote:
Quote:
Yet another reason to show up.
I'm keeping a list. It's getting longer.

“You always own the option of having no opinion.
There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control.
These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

How well do you know me? Click here and tell me what you see.

My Stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #51712
Emperor_Nero
Ever have 1 of those days

Quote:
...and Leon's getting larger

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ~ Albert Einstein
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single stop at the ATM." ~ Anonymous
"A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish." ~ The Zen philosopher Basha

Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #51713
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Do you like your orange juice strained or pulpy? And will that be a double? There is an orange tree in the conservatory.
Strained please and yes a double.....maybe I'll let you take advantage

Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #51714
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
You never know. We've had snow then too. The weather gets more messed up every year.

Snow on July 4?? Now that's weird.

Does this mean you might grace us with your delightful presence next year?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #51715
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Quote:
Strained please and yes a double.....maybe I'll let you take advantage
*begins to rummage around behind the bar* mutter, grumble . . . I know there's a bottle of Moet/Chandon in here somewhere . . .

Tom! Who's been into the champagne supplies, again?

My stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #51716
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Nero View Post
...and Leon's getting larger
"How about some coffee, Johnny?"

"No thanks."

Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #51717
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
*begins to rummage around behind the bar* mutter, grumble . . . I know there's a bottle of Moet/Chandon in here somewhere . . .

"Not I" cried the duck. I'm a brewski dude...none of that fizzy juice for this kid.

Maybe Rolf tried to bribe the Maidens with it.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #51718
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Quote:
"Not I" cried the duck. I'm a brewski dude...none of that fizzy juice for this kid.

Maybe Rolf tried to bribe the Maidens with it.
I'm waiting!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #51719
Emperor_Nero
Ever have 1 of those days

Quote:
"How about some coffee, Johnny?"

"No thanks."
Guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

It's bedtime for me ... G'night everyone

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ~ Albert Einstein
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single stop at the ATM." ~ Anonymous
"A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish." ~ The Zen philosopher Basha

Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #51720
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Naughty Night Nero

Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #51721
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:

G'night Nero.

"Excuse me, does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #51722
Dianthus
In the Spiral

Quote:
Does this mean you might grace us with your delightful presence next year?
Well, Tom, I never make plans that far ahead.
Quote:

Ask around. Several sets of keys have been spotted lying about.

Goodnight, naked people. I'm very sleepy.

“You always own the option of having no opinion.
There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control.
These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

How well do you know me? Click here and tell me what you see.

My Stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #51723
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

*extracts dusty bottle from deep beneath the cases strewn behind the bar*

Aha!

*gingerly uncoils wire and soooo gently extracts the cork*

There, now, my lady. How's this? Moet brut '85.

My stories

Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #51724
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Quote:
G'night Nero.

"Excuse me, does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"
Quote:

Fly a plane...no but once I went up with a guy and he let me have the controls for a few minutes...it was awsome!

Night Dian

Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #51725
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:

G'night Di. Sexy dreams, darlin'.

Closed Thread