Men and Women a philosophical nature

...I want to file a protest......there are not enough men posting here...

...and my protest will be in writing as soon as I learn to spell fillosificul...:rolleyes:

Lol sirgary now that you mention it.....there really are not. Too much estrogen for you?:kiss::rose:

Lol sirgary now that you mention it.....there really are not. Too much estrogen for you?:kiss::rose:

...<pout>....well.....maybe I can get in touch with my feminine side...<smile>...

...it just seemed funny that this thread denies the female to male ratio of lit...

...hey...if I act real smart, maybe I can get lucky here....hmmm....now to say something smart.....

"ever notice that if you wash jeans with underwear, the underwear turns blue?"

...<pout>....well.....maybe I can get in touch with my feminine side...<smile>...

...it just seemed funny that this thread denies the female to male ratio of lit...

...hey...if I act real smart, maybe I can get lucky here....hmmm....now to say something smart.....

"ever notice that if you wash jeans with underwear, the underwear turns blue?"

"Gasp!" *grin* I am not smart so there. And your eyes did not glaze over showing you have some vestige of intelligence despite your male mental deficit. It is nice you notice superiority when you see it.:rose: ;)
Lol I started this thread as a male does that count? Although I have a female brain so..shoot...I guess that makes this thread something of a feminine kind.

"Gasp!" *grin* I am not smart so there. And your eyes did not glaze over showing you have some vestige of intelligence despite your male mental deficit. It is nice you notice superiority when you see it.:rose: ;)
Lol I started this thread as a male does that count? Although I have a female brain so..shoot...I guess that makes this thread something of a feminine kind.

...LOL...so that's your secret....and it seems to be working for you....

...I would say something profound but the blue underwear thing was the best I could do...:cool:

...LOL...so that's your secret....and it seems to be working for you....

...I would say something profound but the blue underwear thing was the best I could do...:cool:

*batting my eyes* I swooned didn't I?:kiss::rose: um...I washed my khakis in bleach one time...they turned pink. So...khakis and bleach...nope

The Dragon ambles out of his Cave to explore the spring.

I found this thread because of the "Depression" stuff.

I do have clinical depression as well as SAD (in the Winter) and I'm just coming out of Hibernation.

To the comments you made I'd like to add that dark green vegetables are supposed to be particularly beneficial, and I do notice that when I eat well I do feel better.

The advice to seek professional help is well made however, there is much more support available than "just keep taking the tablets".

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread since sensible philosophical discussion is of interest to me.

I found this thread because of the "Depression" stuff.

I do have clinical depression as well as SAD (in the Winter) and I'm just coming out of Hibernation.

To the comments you made I'd like to add that dark green vegetables are supposed to be particularly beneficial, and I do notice that when I eat well I do feel better.

The advice to seek professional help is well made however, there is much more support available than "just keep taking the tablets".

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread since sensible philosophical discussion is of interest to me.

Nice to meet you Dragonteeth*hug*:heart: This thread is not as active as it use to be and so I do not post here too often anymore. But you can find similar discussions on the boards. Lol and on my more than a blurt thread has some stuff in my own fight with depression. It is interesting you brought up dietary issues. There is no doubt diet can be a factor in depression. I have not heard of the dark green vegetables before and certainly will increase my own intake. Thank you so much:)

Last edited:
Nice to meet you Dragonteeth*hug*:heart: This thread is not as active as it use to be and so I do not post here too often anymore. But you can find similar discussions on the boards. Lol and on my more than a blurt thread has some stuff in my own fight with depression. It is interesting you brought up dietary issues. There is no doubt diet can be a factor in depression. I have not heard of the dark green vegetables before and certainly will increase my own intake. Thank you so much:)

You're very welcome, and *huggs* you too.

I'm not sure what it is about the Dark vegetables, but they do seem to work, and things like chicken and youghurt apparently metabolise into Seratonin, whoda thunk?

You're very welcome, and *huggs* you too.

I'm not sure what it is about the Dark vegetables, but they do seem to work, and things like chicken and youghurt apparently metabolise into Seratonin, whoda thunk?

Let see.....*scribbling down notes* chicken and yogurt. I have not read that one either. *grin* I know a nice greasy pizza makes me happy....and a bowl of ice cream, fresh baked bread out of the oven slathered with butter.... and.....um... now I remember why I ended up with a weight problem.
I go through a cycle of eating healthy then I crave the pizza for weeks...then...I try to eat one...all at once...my stomach hurts...consumed by guilt and self loathing.....then back on the cycle...ahem...after eating ice cream of course.:D

A bump just to lure an old friend or two to come by. I miss many who used to visit this thread, I am thinking of you all this night:kiss::kiss::heart::heart::rose:

every now and then I bring up the subject of depression and I have posted earlier in the thread about it. If you are suffereing from severe depression you should seek professional help. Sometimes cost is an issue. Here are some survival tips for dealing with depression. Many are what a therapist would tell you.

Anti-depression tips.
Now something we all sometimes do not realize are dietary issues
one item is complex sugars........the body reacts the same way as the consumption of alcohol as the complex sugars act as a depressant. So when in a down state, alcohol and sugar are the last things you want in your body as they will feed and worsen your depression.
Another thing is hunger(low blood sugar) will affect your thought making it more likely to distort to the negative. So do not let yourself get too hungry when in a depressed state, your appetite may be non existent but you must force yourself to eat.
Vigorous exercise raises the endorphins in the brain helping to combat the depression.
Proper sleep- rest is important to the function of the brain.
If you are caught in a vicious negative thought loop, do something that distracts you, something that requires concentration. What worked for me was learning how to dance,
the concentration of learning the steps gave me a break from my obsessive thought and allowed sanity to creep in.
Staying busy can accomplish this.
Whenever you find yourself climbing on the pity potty throw yourself in another direction no matter what it takes.

redoing the link

Back