Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > GLBT Chatter > News and Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #51
Starra
Really Experienced
 
Starra's Avatar
 
Starra is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Derby, UK
Posts: 120
I've just recently started posting. I have to agree that the sheer amount of "Sucking cock" threads in the GLBT forum is a pain. I simply don't care to sift through them all trying to find one thread where it isn't all about cock, how to suck it, whether they should etc etc. To be honest though, i find it all quite humorous. I visited one such thread out of interest. Why, when many of these men say they enjoy sucking cock, or want to suck one, do they also state that the are 'straight'. Bless 'em. If you suck cock and you're male, you have to at least identify as somewhere on the Kinsey scale above 1. Which would make a person in the spectrum of bisexuality, or heading towards gay. So yeah they are quite funny really.

But do i want to see them constantly when i only frequent these forums because i'm bisexual? Nope. If i entered the stories forums, that's one thing. And sometimes it's fun to read a good old story about men sucking each other off. But here? It just makes it look like all men think about is cock and sex...which perhaps could be somewhat true actually

I do think, however, that separating the forums into Gay and Lesbian, well it misses a whole chunk of people out. Where do i go, as a bisexual female? Do we separate further and have a forum for us? And then there are TS/TG/TV/CD. Do they have a separate space too? The GLBT community is included in its entirety, and i do think that's important. We are minority sexualities, and if we don't support each other, well then, who will? Thus, no i don't think that separating anything is a good idea.

The sucking cock and the like threads are a nuisance. Sadly there will always be men who need to talk about it, because it is still such a taboo subject. Most cannot talk to their friends, especially if they are straight males. So at leas there is somewhere for them to discuss their urges. I just wish they didn't do it quite so often!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #52
Powertone
Literotica Guru
 
Powertone's Avatar
 
Powertone is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerP View Post
I'd like this.

I've stopped checking this forum because all the threads are about cocks and sucking cum and how great it all is. I hardly see any new threads made by other lesbians. It's like you've all taken shelter in here..

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not interested in hearing it all of the time.
I dont know, I dont want to discriminate I just think that the threads in GLBT chatter puts lesbians off. It does with me
in other words it's just too icky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #53
kbate
Solipsistic Nihilist
 
kbate's Avatar
 
kbate is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GB Sticky Thread Owner
Posts: 29,577
.....

Last edited by kbate : 05-16-2013 at 10:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #54
gaymm
Really Experienced
 
gaymm's Avatar
 
gaymm is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 174
I wouldn't mind separate forums.

As a gay man, I agree that women are probably not interested with the "sucking cock" type pics or stories. To be honest, I am not always either.

I while I generally don't click into threads that are female oriented or have a female participant, but I have on occasion. I am a bit surprised that there are a lot of males posting for their own prurient interests, I truly feel for the women here. It would be as if in a gay (male) forum we continuously had someone posting about heterosexual acts...people who do this need to get a clue...we are gay, we are not interested.

Anyway sorry if this comes off as bitchy, not my intention, just my ramblings and thoughts.

huggs
__________________
I am now "gayTopher"
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #55
sterculius
Literotica Guru
 
sterculius's Avatar
 
sterculius is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 973
You mean to say that after all this time that I've been posting here about how much I love to suck cock, that GLBT doesn't stand for Gotta Love Bisexual Tonsilfucking?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2009, 06:00 AM   #56
suehprom
Really Experienced
 
suehprom is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: north carolina
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starra View Post
Why, when many of these men say they enjoy sucking cock, or want to suck one, do they also state that the are 'straight'. Bless 'em.
Yea I always get a good hard laugh out of that one too in so many threads...

I'm a such and such "straight" male that "loves to suck cock".. ...ROTFLMAO!!!

Guess what? If you're a male that likes to "suck cock" then you're sure as hell not straight.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #57
kbate
Solipsistic Nihilist
 
kbate's Avatar
 
kbate is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GB Sticky Thread Owner
Posts: 29,577
.....

Last edited by kbate : 05-16-2013 at 10:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #58
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
Q.E.D.

For a certain group, namely the ones the forum is named for-- Gay men, lesbian women, bisexuals and trans gendered people-- this setup didn't work real well back then and it doesn't work very well now.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #59
PleasePeesMe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hang on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starra View Post
I've just recently started posting. I have to agree that the sheer amount of "Sucking cock" threads in the GLBT forum is a pain. I simply don't care to sift through them all trying to find one thread where it isn't all about cock, how to suck it, whether they should etc etc. To be honest though, i find it all quite humorous. I visited one such thread out of interest. Why, when many of these men say they enjoy sucking cock, or want to suck one, do they also state that the are 'straight'. Bless 'em. If you suck cock and you're male, you have to at least identify as somewhere on the Kinsey scale above 1. Which would make a person in the spectrum of bisexuality, or heading towards gay. So yeah they are quite funny really.

But do i want to see them constantly when i only frequent these forums because i'm bisexual? Nope. If i entered the stories forums, that's one thing. And sometimes it's fun to read a good old story about men sucking each other off. But here? It just makes it look like all men think about is cock and sex...which perhaps could be somewhat true actually

I do think, however, that separating the forums into Gay and Lesbian, well it misses a whole chunk of people out. Where do i go, as a bisexual female? Do we separate further and have a forum for us? And then there are TS/TG/TV/CD. Do they have a separate space too? The GLBT community is included in its entirety, and i do think that's important. We are minority sexualities, and if we don't support each other, well then, who will? Thus, no i don't think that separating anything is a good idea.

The sucking cock and the like threads are a nuisance. Sadly there will always be men who need to talk about it, because it is still such a taboo subject. Most cannot talk to their friends, especially if they are straight males. So at leas there is somewhere for them to discuss their urges. I just wish they didn't do it quite so often!
Aren't you being just a tad hypocritical? You say you're bisexual, so I assume you like cock and cunt. Same with bisexual men who just happen to be married.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #60
PleasePeesMe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
There are heaps of threads on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriann View Post
I don't necessarily want to go away, would just like a bigger representation of other issues... any other issue... something else... How many times does the subject of "straight guy but craves cock" need to come up? I mean, really... get a grip, guys...

I've often thought about starting my own threads, but I'm a pretty well-balanced, experienced (for lack of a better term) lesbian who is in a great relationship. It's kind of hard for me to think of things; I also just like to respond to the posts of others.
If you don't like the Straight guys crave cock thread, don't fucking read it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #61
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePeesMe View Post
Aren't you being just a tad hypocritical? You say you're bisexual, so I assume you like cock and cunt. Same with bisexual men who just happen to be married.
You assume just like a straight guy. Stright guys-- some of them-- think that everything is "cock or cunt." For most of the rest of us it's so many more things. We don't seperate people's genitals from the rest of their bodies. Or their minds, or the lives they lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePeesMe View Post
If you don't like the Straight guys crave cock thread, don't fucking read it.
Yep, that's what we are hoping to have happen.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #62
PleasePeesMe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Of course it's many more things

I was simply making the point that if you're bisexual, you like both sets of genitals. Anything else is as it would be in any hetero or homosexual relationship.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #63
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePeesMe View Post
I was simply making the point that if you're bisexual, you like both sets of genitals. Anything else is as it would be in any hetero or homosexual relationship.
And a very good point it is, but quite beside the main one.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #64
stucknut
Really Experienced
 
stucknut is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 113
"Ya gotta keep em separated"
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #65
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucknut View Post
"Ya gotta keep em separated"
The Offsprings!
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #66
none2_none2
Literotica Guru
 
none2_none2 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasePeesMe View Post
I was simply making the point that if you're bisexual, you like both sets of genitals. Anything else is as it would be in any hetero or homosexual relationship.
You seem to have a very narrow view of the spectrum of human sexuality. People have attractions for all sorts of reasons it could be physical, it could be emotional and the whole range of those two things. That is regardless if the attraction is for homo, hetro, bi, tri, or any other thing someone might come up with. I've known bi's that were that way because they wanted all those sexual organs. I knew bi's that were bi because emotionally they were able to love someone of either gender. It wasn't an obsession with the mechanical parts at all. I've also known plenty of so-called straight-but-love-cock guys. Plenty of them were fine for a very long time (maybe years), but then one day they met some man (typically younger) that they got into deeply caring for. (No, it wasn't me as I don't claim to have had that level of appeal when I was younger. Rather, consider me like a bartender that such guys felt safe talking to.) They didn't want to leave their wives and family, but neither could they deny the fact that they truly cared about another human being who happened to be another male.


If you had to put a label on me, most would say gay. I really don't have anything against doing straight sex, it was just that sex with the men that attract me and let me do what I crave is just so much more powerful a pull. Plus there was a stronger emotional connection with certain men.

That being said, I'm not into penises. I am mainly into fucking clean, masculine, hairy, muscular men. Oral is pleasant, but not orgasmic. Note: I cannot have sex with the same guy over a period of timer, and keep it as some "hobby" of playing with my favorite body parts. At some point, I either can no longer relate to the man, or I get into caring which becomes a problem of both parties don't feel the same way. Luckily, I've found my mate, so I have been off the market for just about a decade now. I'll never crave penises, but I honor the physical equipment that comes with the people I love because the PERSON is special.

I don't completely understand what Stella wants to accomplish. Personally, sometimes the more you try to make things your way, the more they go the opposite direction. That being said, surely you can understand when a forum has too many of one kind of unrelated topic, it can get annoying at some point. I don't worry about it too much myself because my own sex-life is fine. However, imagine the single person who wants something more than just to get off. How would a woman feel if a guy said he would have sex with her if she wore a burka with a slit to fuck through because he is a love-pussy-and/or-breasts-man-but-don't-like-to-see-the-female-form? What if a guy said he craved straight sex, but couldn't stand to kiss a woman or couldn't stand to smell a woman. Would such a guy be welcome very long in the straight forums? I think he might get kicked out.

Just because someone is gay/lesbian/bi/whatever doesn't necessarily mean they want to have a gay marriage with whomever they talked to, but neither does it mean that they want to feel ugly in their own forum space.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #67
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
Quote:
neither does it mean that they want to feel ugly in their own forum space.
This. SO MUCH THIS.

OR objectified, OR mocked, OR be made invisible by people who already have a space the size of the entire world.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #68
BiBunny
Spider...Bunny?
 
BiBunny's Avatar
 
BiBunny is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by none2_none2 View Post
You seem to have a very narrow view of the spectrum of human sexuality. People have attractions for all sorts of reasons it could be physical, it could be emotional and the whole range of those two things. That is regardless if the attraction is for homo, hetro, bi, tri, or any other thing someone might come up with. I've known bi's that were that way because they wanted all those sexual organs. I knew bi's that were bi because emotionally they were able to love someone of either gender. It wasn't an obsession with the mechanical parts at all. I've also known plenty of so-called straight-but-love-cock guys. Plenty of them were fine for a very long time (maybe years), but then one day they met some man (typically younger) that they got into deeply caring for. (No, it wasn't me as I don't claim to have had that level of appeal when I was younger. Rather, consider me like a bartender that such guys felt safe talking to.) They didn't want to leave their wives and family, but neither could they deny the fact that they truly cared about another human being who happened to be another male.


If you had to put a label on me, most would say gay. I really don't have anything against doing straight sex, it was just that sex with the men that attract me and let me do what I crave is just so much more powerful a pull. Plus there was a stronger emotional connection with certain men.

That being said, I'm not into penises. I am mainly into fucking clean, masculine, hairy, muscular men. Oral is pleasant, but not orgasmic. Note: I cannot have sex with the same guy over a period of timer, and keep it as some "hobby" of playing with my favorite body parts. At some point, I either can no longer relate to the man, or I get into caring which becomes a problem of both parties don't feel the same way. Luckily, I've found my mate, so I have been off the market for just about a decade now. I'll never crave penises, but I honor the physical equipment that comes with the people I love because the PERSON is special.

I don't completely understand what Stella wants to accomplish. Personally, sometimes the more you try to make things your way, the more they go the opposite direction. That being said, surely you can understand when a forum has too many of one kind of unrelated topic, it can get annoying at some point. I don't worry about it too much myself because my own sex-life is fine. However, imagine the single person who wants something more than just to get off. How would a woman feel if a guy said he would have sex with her if she wore a burka with a slit to fuck through because he is a love-pussy-and/or-breasts-man-but-don't-like-to-see-the-female-form? What if a guy said he craved straight sex, but couldn't stand to kiss a woman or couldn't stand to smell a woman. Would such a guy be welcome very long in the straight forums? I think he might get kicked out.

Just because someone is gay/lesbian/bi/whatever doesn't necessarily mean they want to have a gay marriage with whomever they talked to, but neither does it mean that they want to feel ugly in their own forum space.
Thank you for saying what I'm not articulate enough to say.
__________________
"HOT CROSS BUNNY!" ~DGE



As a dreamer of dreams and a traveling Bun,
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles


Grammar is very important to the Nazi party.

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #69
Saphs
Really Really Experienced
 
Saphs's Avatar
 
Saphs is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NW England
Posts: 351
I think there is definitely an off balance level of gay man to gay lady threads, but the only thing that can change that is by more of the women posting threads.

Although I would love to see a subforum intended just for ladies, I think it is unrealistic with the lack of lady threads. That's my two pence.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #70
JaxRhapsody
Really Really Experienced
 
JaxRhapsody's Avatar
 
JaxRhapsody is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 449
Okay, Ill admit that it would be nice for more lesbian topics. At the very least less hot twink cumshot topics. As far as these "straight" men- its the internet where you can be yourself by being someone else on a forum of strangers whom you can confide in. Its not like I have many people to talk to in the real world. Or had, anyway. This just happens to be a place where one can express their cock suckingness, lest they keep it bottled up and have some sort of stroke. I think people just need to get it out of their system, ooo and ah.

I would like a few more intelligent threads. Yeah, I slob the knob, it was a tangy and creamy release. Now I want to talk about the dynamics of queer blah blah blah. Maybe trick people in to it. Have a titles like "Who likes cocks.and cunts and then add a philosophical question in the subject. I honestly dont even go in those long ass, I presume to be pic threads. Mainly out of page count, but still. I wont complain, because the only thread Ibe startex here was about anal orgasms- sooo not tryimg to be a martyr.
__________________
I am the darkest of the light, a cold hearted lover. I am strife reborn, I am the beast. The one who is rage incarnate.
Lifes a laugh and death is the joke spoke the mad man laughing at the rain.

The Rhapsodic LaviathanThese are the stories.
Stories of Velocity C'mon and stay a spell!
My AH profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #71
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 39,601
One thing I want to point out is that I have NOT asked for seperate gay and lesbian forums. I was asking that one forum be made more congenial to queer people who get tired of the straight boy noise -- which means lesbians probably more than any other group, but by no means cuts out gay men.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #72
JaxRhapsody
Really Really Experienced
 
JaxRhapsody's Avatar
 
JaxRhapsody is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 449
I know. It just doesnt help when BiC Johnny Bravo is filling up the section with...well, you know. Im curious how many pages back would be a decent discussion.
__________________
I am the darkest of the light, a cold hearted lover. I am strife reborn, I am the beast. The one who is rage incarnate.
Lifes a laugh and death is the joke spoke the mad man laughing at the rain.

The Rhapsodic LaviathanThese are the stories.
Stories of Velocity C'mon and stay a spell!
My AH profile
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.